No
  Maybe a little bit...
View Results

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:32 am
Cool! Will your Dad teach you?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:33 pm
Heh I would rather slice off my big toe, LOL! rofl No, I'm going to try to do it on my own through some programs. I know it won't be quite the same as taking a class, but I'm sure my father will correct me. I just prefer not to have him teach me because he has the patience of a bottle rocket and for our relationship, it would be best, lol.  

lunashock

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:00 pm
I completely understand!! At least you'll know you have someone to ask if you don't understand something...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:38 pm
So many languages, that's great ... we are rebuilding the Babel Tower in some way...

For my part I was born with the French Language ... I try my best at Brittish English ... I did 9 years of German and can do a thing with it ... well ich verstehe ein bisten ... and that is a real waist of years ... it would be useful for me now ... did some Italian and my gaol is probably to be as good at it as with English ... I did some Japanese in Langues O' in Paris, was too high a level for me ... I got the culture, the art and so on good enough but the language, my God !!! So hard ... I practised ancient Gaƫllic for a memoir on Arthur, the King that was but never ruled ... beautiful language .... and I used to know Arabic but lost every single thing ... lack of practise ... cry

Well probably the secret of languages is practise and being and living in the country ... the net is quite good also for that ...  

Infernus Angelus

1,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Todeskaefer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:25 pm
I only know English and Pig Latin. The rest of the languages I know are all computer languages. I know enough French to make out what most of the signs say whenever I go to Quebec, but if somebody said something to me in French I probably wouldn't have the foggiest clue what he said  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:37 pm
Besides English, obviously, I've studied Japanese, Mandarin, and one year of Spanish in high school. I don't remember any Spanish, and the Japanese only surfaces to mess up my Mandarin. lol I'm much better at the Chinese, although I'm not so hot at speaking. People can usually understand what I'm saying, even if I get it wrong. I'm much better at reading, but I only know simplified characters. I need to find a good way to learn traditional characters, since the simplified are pretty much only used in mainland China.  

Seeress

Vengefulbeauty

Wheezing Fatcat

5,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:56 am
well i speak arabic and english. my mom is egyptian and i was born in cairo. my mom knows little english, so my dad, who is african american, taught me the language.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:31 am
Does martian count? It's a bit like Latin ^^ Also, even though I haven't studied Mandarin, I've eaten plenty of them. I actually made a serious attempt at learning Finnish, but it was something I never finished.  

Yungharri

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:39 am
Where did you study finnish? Or were you doing it through your friend?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:47 am
My friend got me interested in it and I bought a Teach Yourself book when I came back from my trip over there. It's an interesting language - not related to any of the other European languages except Estonian and Hungarian I think. All I can say is that Finnish babies must be very smart - the grammar is very complex.

You are not going to ask me where I studied martian?  

Yungharri

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:50 am
I thought you might rather keep that to yourself...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:47 am
I know good spanish
bad spanish -puerto rican slang-
broken spanish
and the ignored spanish.  

Kristinely

SweetPoizon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:18 pm
does sign language count heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:08 pm
SweetPoizon
does sign language count heart

Most definitely!  

Doressa
Captain

ichigo_shinrakami

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:18 pm
Kristinely
I know good spanish
bad spanish -puerto rican slang-
broken spanish
and the ignored spanish.
what do you mean by bad spanish i'm from puerto rico & you call my spanish a bad slang??? heart scream  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff