Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Emo vs Emo Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Emo are you?
  Emotive
  Emotional
  ******** this Poll and everyone in it!
View Results

finding emotive

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:20 am
mrs. lazzara
finding emotive
mrs. lazzara
finding emotive
mrs. lazzara
people just need to stop arguing and just listen to whatever music they like. people can call music whatever they want. quit trying so hard to eduacate people about labels.
it's music.
get over it.

You must not understand how important music is to some people.

i never said it wasn't. music is pretty important to me too. but i don't waste my time catagorizing it. i just listen to what sounds good to me. i don't start bashing something just because it doesn't fit the mold of something else. you should be a little more open-minded.

I don't bash anything, when have I ever said what anyone here conciders emo shitty? I haven't, because then I would be ignorant. All I'm doing is strongly disagreeing on what some people concider emo to be, so when I say I like emo less people will think I mean FOB or FFTL.

and you care what other people think because...? everyone thinks i like stupid hawthorne heights, but i don't care because i know thay suck. you don't even really know most of these people so why should you care?

I take mild pride in what music I do listen to, and really, it's of my own weither I do or not, that would be quite personal.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:58 am
Quote:
that's because you're telling them "I'm right, you're wrong. End of story." and you have no space in your mind for compromise.

Emo is Emo. That is that.

That's why i decribe emo in a way that it involves both sides of the matter.

Emo is just music that has lyrics about any emotional situation (; any situation that pulls at your emotions: anger, depression, heartache, turmoil... whatever) and then put to a musical sound that pushes their message and presses every bit of their emotion into it.

Whether they do it in forms as Haste the Day, Dallas Green, or sometimes (my personal un-favourite) Bright Eyes, or Armor For Sleep.

It doesn't matter how "hardcore" it is that makes them "emo".
It's just a genre derived from punk. That's where they get the pressing of emotions and soul. After that emo came to be people tried stretching it through other sounds, such as Emo Hardcore/Screamo.

So stop trying to "EDUCATE" people. Just enjoy what you like about whatever bands. If you want to share your opinion on what emo is, go ahead. Don't do it in a way that says "I'm right, you're wrong."

Well sir, then i'll humbly have to say that you have a hard habit to kick. Why won't people ever listen? What we've told you is for YOUR INFORMATION! Todays emo-kids don't give a crap where they're culture came from! And i think that is deeply ungrateful!

We don't wan't to force "Rites of Spring" or "Orchid" into your musical library, we just want people to know what the hell they are talking about when they go around claiming emo! Is that so god damn hard to understand? Every effin day i have to explain this whole difference between emotive and emotional to people because some emotional-kid, who haven't got a clue what he is talking about, has told them something that is not true!

But i'm going to stop being angry now. My suggestion is that anyone who don't believe me look at this social science paper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_(music)  

xyourstrulyx

xyourstrulyx

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:08 am
Read the part about the 3 Waves of emo so maybe you'll understand why we take such pride in emotive  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:47 am
Derniere_Danse
Since joining this and another "Emo" guild, I've noticed that there seems to be some confusion over what it really means to be Emo (like I have mentioned, I'm still practically a n00b). There seems to be two main types of Emo:

Emotive - Emotive Hardcore, which is a none political hardcore punk
and

Emotional - Emotional Punk, poetic in terms of heartbreak, regret and hopelessness

To help better define, from what I have heard from everyone, the musical tastes of these two different Emos are as listed for examples:

Emotive - Rites of Spring, Hot Cross, Orchid, Transistor Transistor, La Quiete, pg.99, Amanda Woodward, Envyand, and Circle Takes the Square.

Emotional - Taking Back Sunday, Silverstein, The Used, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds to Mars and My Bloody Valentine.

Not only are the two different in terms of musical choice and ideologies but behavior as well. The Modern Emo (Emotional) seems to be pre-occupied with negative feeling and, in some extreme cases, have developed a habit of cutting themselves.

Looking at this like an outsider it seems that the Emo Culture is divided up into two sub-groups that are completely different from one another.

What are your thoughts of this? Is one type of Emo better than the other? Should we give the Modern Emo a different name so they will no longer be confused with the Emotive Emos who share the 1980's scene?

ok

first thing,

you write alot!

lol

second thing,

i think that we should keep both groups.

and no,

one is NOT better than the other.

maybe...

...we could call them different things,

or spell emo differently.

(just to tell which is which)

well....

thats just what i have to say.

ninja

Abbie_the_duck_slayer

xyourstrulyx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:11 am
I do agree. We should keep both, but thodays scene has forgotten what it really is. And that pisses me off.

Where did the Self injury part come from? Why does every emo kid of the thrid wave have to be so miserable, exaggerating, and complaining? The culture makes me ashamed sometimes...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:57 pm
You know, I'm getting kinda tired of saying this...

Ok, the meaning of words can change over time.

Emo did mean Emotive-Hardcore, and it still does...
But that doesn't mean the meaning of the word hasn't changed, or that a new meaning hasn't been added.
Personally, I think emo means both, Emotive-hardcore, and Emotional.

I'm also kinda tired of these narrow minded a** holes who can't even consider another possibility...

[Clinically Insane]

finding emotive

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:34 pm
I wouldn't care if it was named to be a sub genre but it isn't, a word can have two meanings without problem but this is a genre for music, I don't even mind lot's of the "emo" bands in this guild.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:55 pm

Mr.Sociopath

bimoivel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:16 am
crying im tired crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:16 pm
like whenever ppl say like emo sux & i go whats rong with the used,fallout boy, and my chemical romance....they are cool....people get all man and say they arent emo u stupid kid...wtf!!!are they or not...i say they are  

bleeding unicorn

The Brand New

Regular

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:30 pm
I dont really like your opinion. well its well thought out thou. I h8t Emo stereotypes  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:56 pm
I tend to have very rough depression-attacks. They can be set off by the smallest thing, one little thing and I feel worthless. I am political, I guess (although I don't know what that had to do with it??) but I don't know how you were using the word.

Anyway, I am an emotional person.

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games