Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Cain and Riff... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Discussion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:10 am
[Actually, I think Kaori yuki was quite annoyed/Shocked that people thought that (Or so I've heard)]
[But, they are cute togetherXD]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:46 am
Hm. Good question. I've been wondering that myself. Half of me thinks: "Yes, they're a couple and they should get married!" But the other half of me thinks: "Wait, couple? Are you sure it's not a family kind of love?"

Honestly, I don't know.  

Amaloli

olivilot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:59 am
Coffee Slave
Okay, I have a question, are Cain and Riff gay? I really hope so, I mean, there are A LOT of pictures of them together, and not to mention a number of touchy moments in the manga. Tell me, what do you think?

That would be a great couple....*naughty thoughts*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:20 pm
I don't think Kaori Yuki was completely unconscious of what she was having her characters do.
She's rather infamous for her hinting at BL in her series, ne?
I definitly think she was indulging herself and the fans by having them in a close and ambiguous relationship.

As for the comment about her being annoyed/shocked that people slash em? I dont think there was any possible way she didn't see it coming!  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Cain_Hargreaves

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:21 am
That sounds somewhat out of character for her. Perhaps they were asking if Cain and Riff had had sex? <<; Then I could see her confronting that, because there's nothing in the series to back that up.

However, there are plenty of hints that their relationship goes deeper than a simple 'master and servant' thing. Kaori Yuki was trying to convey unconditional love, unbound by the restraints of society, and I think she pulled it off very well.

Instead of looking at it like, "they're gay" or "they're not gay!", it makes more sense to think of it in this way:

Have you ever met a person who you felt you could love with your body, soul, mind and spirit, without the trappings of steriotypes? That your very lives and happiness revolve around the other person and how they're feeling? Honestly, I think that sort of love is extremely hard to come by, but it is possible. I think that Cain and Riff are just together because it's right, not because of any sexual prefrences on either side.

And wow, that turned out much longer than I had intended it to be. oo;  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:25 am
Well put, Cain! ::applause:: XD I agree 100%  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Cain_Hargreaves

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:31 am
Thank you. nn; I've had a lot of time to mull over these things. sweatdrop

And it helps that in my personal life, I owe so very much to this series.  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:11 pm
it's so confusing yet not, at the same time......man i love ky's works. xd  

Innuendos In Tea

2,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

black rabbit37

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:52 pm
I really don't know if Cain and Riff are gay or not...I think it'd be kewl but then again Cain is always hitting on girls and thats why Mary Weather gets mad at him...I just know that they love each other~in love? maybe... heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:38 pm
My friends and I have been looking through shojo beat and kinda sorta *Feels ashamed* making fun of them, THere! I got it out! redface
But I do agree, they're perfect together! If they're not gay, I'll make them... *cackles evily*

I probally saound very politically INcorrect, so please hit me and spam me if you don't like what I said  

Isorae

Cain_Hargreaves

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:42 am
Isorae
My friends and I have been looking through shojo beat and kinda sorta *Feels ashamed* making fun of them,

o_o; Well, when you think about it, you have to laugh at some of the things Kaori Yuki throws into the story. Otherwise, you start getting bogged down with all of the angst.

Although it sort of depends on how you approach the series with other people. Because if you do it wrong, you will end up pissing some people off. I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but it's really all in the way you say things. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:32 pm
Personally, I'd like to think they love each other but I'm not too sure. Though I kinda like Jezabel with Cain (please don't ask, I'm still trying to figure out why too lol)  

LolitaxOtome

364 Unbirthdays

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:37 pm
Well, yeah, Cain and Riff are very cute together, yet so obvious.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:30 pm
cains always with girls and has fallen in love with alot of them so i doubt that :/ and anyways rif is evil  

Yuuasa

Enchanted_Forest_Slut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:52 am
Alsh-chan
cains always with girls and has fallen in love with alot of them so i doubt that :/ and anyways rif is evil

Riff is not evil. He USED to be and maybe still is part of the MAjor Arcana as The "Tower", but he still deeply cares about Cain. And Cain hasnt fallen in love w/ the girls he's just being an English gentleman.

Cain and Riff have a deep bond that deserves to be called love. Its a beatiful relationship that surpasses the master-servant relationship. And all for fan girlish heart i must admit I must scream "YAY! YaoI!" lol, but anyway Riff will always remain by Cain's side and if he wasn't, Cain wouldnt be able to move on from his tortured youth.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff