Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Which controls are better to you????? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:04 pm
I just hope Chris' number one method of getting out of trouble is performing a backflip.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:11 pm
Make it a double instead. whee  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Shinja-Chan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:54 am
RE4 contorls rocked  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:12 pm
i like RE4's Control Better, it was smooth, you didnt have a hard time to move around, the old controls made a lot of gamers mad..even my self had problems with it in the begining, but i got used to it, but the new one i think the should stick with, but i like the old one too...im on 50/50  

Hollow Shaman

Hollow Shaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:17 pm
but RE4 Scared me at some ponits, like the el gigente running after me in the pass were you had to find a key, WITH ASHELY, pain in the a**....and made my friends scared of the game, and some ponits i got scared becasue they came out of coners....and i screamed a few times...and cerpt around hallways slowly so i wont get killed mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:26 pm
Both controls have there strong points. The original controls added some more horror into it, in the sense that you hear things moving, but you can't look directly at them. Now, the RE4 controls worked well because you could actually aim for places that could do more damage, and you could look around freely.

On Blaze's comment, RE4 wasn't really scary, at least not compared to the others. A good reason is, as I stated before, it's controls. That and the fact that you aren't walking around hoping the something isn't going to smash through the wall and kill you.  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

D000M rolled 6 6-sided dice: 4, 6, 5, 3, 1, 3 Total: 22 (6-36)

D000M

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:46 am
I prefer the original Alone in the Dark control scheme. Resident Evil took its "tank" control scheme directly from that game, as well as the 3D characters set to pre-rendered 2D backgrounds with fixed camera angles.

I give the control scheme and gameplay mechanics credit to AitD, because that game truly invented them, not RE. With the tank control scheme and the fixed camera angles, it creates a more tense atmosphere.

A lot of the camera angles are set up in such a way, that you can't see around a certain corner of the room that an enemy may be hiding behind. This heightens tension and with the tank control scheme, it makes killing and escaping enemies much more challenging. Thus, making the game more suspenseful and more "Survival Horror" like.

I like RE4's controls, but that game doesn't feel like RE to me. It's more action oriented...and no zombies? WTF?

I hope RE5 and RE Wii incorporate more of the old school style than RE4 did.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:46 pm
I HATE Resident Evil 4 Wii Controls. They could have done a much better job. When you aim you aim with B (trigger button) and shoot with A (where your thumb is) and when you go to the bottom, left, right, or top of the screen instead of moving automatically like in Red Steel you have to use the control stick to do it. It was really confusing.  

taylortenacity

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:41 pm
PhusionStar
I've been wondering what the Resident Evil fans here like better, The Original Rotation controls, or the RE4 controls? So, which do you prefer better and hope to see in future titles???

um...why is this a topic?

The controls of RE0, 1, 2, 3, and 4 are all the EXACT SAME.
The only difference with 4 is that the camera is behind leon, instead of all around him.
You still hold up on the control stick to move forward, there's still the B and down thing to do a 180, you still move the control stick left or right to turn, and you move it back to move backward. Just like in all the others!
So, really, you should be asking "What Camera System is better" stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:42 pm
KonPhusionStar
I HATE Resident Evil 4 Wii Controls. They could have done a much better job. When you aim you aim with B (trigger button) and shoot with A (where your thumb is) and when you go to the bottom, left, right, or top of the screen instead of moving automatically like in Red Steel you have to use the control stick to do it. It was really confusing.

Red Steel was oversensitive and crappy because of that though...I like that you have to use the control stick, it's only confusing if you don't know how to move both hands at the same time.  

FoxyAreku

taylortenacity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:44 am
Gamer_404
KonPhusionStar

Red Steel was oversensitive and crappy because of that though...I like that you have to use the control stick, it's only confusing if you don't know how to move both hands at the same time.
exactly. capcom could have made a less sensitive aiming system. I thought there would be more interactive controls which is why i didn't like it as much.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:01 pm
The problem with RE4's camera is that it's always over the shoulder. You know, RE always had such beautiful graphics, but aside from the cinematics, you can only see one part of the character you're playing as. In the older games the camera angles were so dynamic that in one scene it's looking UP at the character from below, another it's a top down view, the next it's a waist up shot. Sometimes I'd be spending like 5 minutes just examining Chris, Jill, Rebecca or Billy, just for the hell of it. With RE4, all you see is Leon's back, and I am so sick of staring at that back I just wanna put a knife in it! At the very least, RE4 should have had a feature where you can examine all the characters from any angle you wish, kinda like the bottle caps, only the actual character models and be able to zoom in better.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:35 pm
I think I'll agree with you here, Bio. Re4 would have been much more enjoyable graphically if it were set up like the REmake or Zero.

Just imagine the angles we would have gotten on Krauser and Wesker? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:07 pm
i loved the origonal countrols because they worked with that survival horrer gamplay but the all new controls on resident evil 4 work with the newer action styled gamplay so really its not very fair to choose ninja  

Aunshi360

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:40 pm
NotteRequiem
I think I'll agree with you here, Bio. Re4 would have been much more enjoyable graphically if it were set up like the REmake or Zero.

Just imagine the angles we would have gotten on Krauser and Wesker? 3nodding

It would be kinda hard though, what with the large environments and all.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff