Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:29 pm
I'm truly surprised that they didn't put the grenade launcher in RE4. I mean, cripes, they have a freaking laser cannon (PS2 only), a gun that fire mines at people and a .50 caliber magnum, where's the grenade launcher? That's my gripe for today. :XP:  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:21 am
MM-212 Beta
Ohh yea, did I mentioned the easiest game out of the series?
Indeed.
Take out Krauser, It, and the minecart rollercoaster full of Gandaos, and it would be as easy as Luigi's Mansion. (But I liked luigi's Mansion...I feel so dirty. gonk )  

MilitantClockwork

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:43 pm
Well the other games aren't that hard either. The only thing that makes RE4 'easier' is that you got the option to continue from the last room you entered. Convenient, but definitely makes you go, "I don't give a s**t if I die, cause I'll just continue from the last room." Which is another thing that makes RE4 not survival horror, but Action/RPG.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:17 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well the other games aren't that hard either. The only thing that makes RE4 'easier' is that you got the option to continue from the last room you entered. Convenient, but definitely makes you go, "I don't give a s**t if I die, cause I'll just continue from the last room." Which is another thing that makes RE4 not survival horror, but Action/RPG.

Agree'ed  

Gen_Acid

Eclipse of Shadow

Fashionable Genius

4,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:19 pm
A few things here said I have to disagree with. Among them the thing about the prologue, I find it sets the stage, being new to the Resident Evil series, it updated me on the happenings of the world in which Leon was staged. You knew Umbrella wasn't truely gone, and the Las Plagas I believe is a research project being used by Wesker and The Agency to create a more powerful B.O.W. Also I disagree with the whole "The reason why the older games were so popular was because of Wesker, the T and G-virus. Guys I heard of the series before RE4, the games to me just seemed really unpopular. Sure you had hard-core fans who were bone-chillingly good at the game but they were never seen as the be-all end all of survival horror. RE4 changed the face of the way the entire game was played, and introduced a rather simple yet awesome concept of interactive cut-scenes. I believe it created a boom for people who had finished RE4 and wanted to see what they missed, I was among those people. I found those games relied heavily on camera angles to scare someone, and being able to go through the game without aiming... I mean it doesn't get easier than that. I mean in RE4 you could aim, and by far RE2 was ridiculously easy. Though I do have some problems.

Starting the game you think that A.I. is advanced, co-ordinated and outright impossible to kill the numbers. Soooo not true, the A.I. is repetitive and so are the character skins. It was lost on me the physical impossibilities of these characters... but I mean that's what makes it so much better. I'll take difficulty over anatomically correct any day. Ashley... nuff said. The Manual becoming apparent to you after you encountered enemies. As well something you may not think of, the most annoying thing ever included in a game. To introduce a concept or anything early on then never use it again. The binoculars, you got to manually use it once at the village scene, then once in a cutscene. Why include it at all! Thank you.

"This message has been approved by _keitaro_sama_ who's more of an addict than I, you got a problem with this, get over it."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:58 pm
Actually, you're wrong on that part. Resident Evil was one of the first games that defined what the Survival Horror genre was.
When someone said, "Survival Horror" such games as Alone In The Dark, Silent Hill and Resident Evil came to mind. And if Resident Evil wasn't one of them, then you're not a true Survival Horror fan.
You say Resident Evil wasn't popular. Yes, RE's major booms were during RE2/RE3 times, but nevertheless, every major RE game sold over billion copies.
Yes, RE4 really boosted Resident Evil's popularity. But if you can't appreciate the older RE games, I wouldn't consider you a true RE fan.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Reul Asisith

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:50 am
El Gigante has huge muscles, so I don't see the problem with him being huge and fast at the same time.

If there's no problem with Nemisis or William Birkin growing into HUGE monsters compared to what they started as, then I can't see the problem with Saddler being able to mutate into something big aswell. God. You're as annoying at that Dimitri punk from most RE forums.

Anyone who unlessly compares RE4 and the more classic games(or should I say people who think the classic games suck because they don't have the same system as RE4) are idiots. I'm not even going to explain myself on this one.

It's as bad as when people say "omg Super Mario sucks play Super Mario 64 wtf you can't even punch in Super Mario". Oi. Super Mario was the best they could do in that era, as Super Mario 64 was the best that they could do in the following era. Compareing one as bad because in the future they were able to make better games is retarded.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:07 pm
StarStrife
El Gigante has huge muscles, so I don't see the problem with him being huge and fast at the same time.

If there's no problem with Nemisis or William Birkin growing into HUGE monsters compared to what they started as, then I can't see the problem with Saddler being able to mutate into something big aswell.

Nemesis and Birkin did grow but not suddenly as Saddler, that took time.  

Resident Isaka
Crew

Sir Scott le Charles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:52 pm
I found it to be a fun game, but not quite in the same way as the others. The only part that scared me was when your Ashley and your walking through the dark corridor witha flashlight and the suits of armour flankin the corridor. That scared me, I was just like, I know somethings going to happen, but what, when? That scared me, then having to run, that's the horror I want. And its the lack of that throughout most of the game that gets me. In the previous RE's that sense was there more often, and there were other types of horror. Like walking to the tram in RE3 then the dogs burst out of the window, scared me quite nicely.

As for weapon upgrades, I say it should have stayed like the others, finding an upgrade later in the game, not whenever you have the money. I find the monsters size is fine, sure El Gigante is huge and fast, and sure Saddler grows suddenly, but remember Morpheus in Dead Aim? It didn't take him long to change from a tyrant to a huge blob. And that blob could move fast. Point is, the monsters may be kinda unrealistic, but not too much, especially considering some things in RE.

As for Eclipses statement considering the previous RE games being easy, have you played RE3 on hard? Killing Nemesis every time you encounter him? Because THAT is hard. I do agree RE2 was pretty easy though, but there was still that scare factor that is fairly lacking in RE4.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:23 pm
What I find funny is those in this thread trying to find logical reasoning in this game. You're playing a secret government agent fighting through a remote village full of people infected by a parasite that, at some points in time, burst out of the hosts' head and tries to whip you with tenticles. At what point in time do you think a realistic explanation is relevant? neutral Of course, that sort of thinking bugs me about anything...even when I do it myself. sweatdrop  

Rue S Cross

Timid Roisterer

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:43 pm
Nathan S. Cross
What I find funny is those in this thread trying to find logical reasoning in this game. You're playing a secret government agent fighting through a remote village full of people infected by a parasite that, at some points in time, burst out of the hosts' head and tries to whip you with tenticles. At what point in time do you think a realistic explanation is relevant? neutral Of course, that sort of thinking bugs me about anything...even when I do it myself. sweatdrop

Well, I didn't say that all the other things in RE4 pleased me very much. If it were up to me, the monsters would make a little more sense. Zombies used to be Resident Evil trademark. They shoulnd't have cut them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:48 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Nathan S. Cross

Well, I didn't say that all the other things in RE4 pleased me very much. If it were up to me, the monsters would make a little more sense. Zombies used to be Resident Evil trademark. They shoulnd't have cut them.

Yeah, no kidding. This actually inspired a discussion with a friend earlier. We broke down every unlikely thing that they put in RE4. Such as:

The merchant's ability to modify weapons on the spot...as well as where he hides the tools he uses.
Hooded priests with RPGs.
Grandmotherly looking creatures with chainsaws that take twenty bullets to kill.

Etc. rolleyes  

Rue S Cross

Timid Roisterer

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:42 pm
I'm so glad my grandparents' don't have chainsaws. biggrin *whirring noise is heard* Erm... uh.. *shifts uncomfortably, and runs*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:36 am
As far as I'm concerned, the Merchant isn't a part of the storyline. Or if he is, he just sells weapons. In cinematics, all that we know for sure is that Leon used his handgun and that he used a TMP. He could have bought it from the Merchant, yes. Other than that, he finds a shotty and a magnum revolver in the game. And there's nothing in the game that proves that Leon ever upgraded his weapons. As far as I'm concerned, the weapon upgrade and sell functions are strictly for gameplay purposes.  

Biohazard EXTREME

DHC_John

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:39 am
The main thing I didn't like about RE4 was the fact that there was only one ending. I wanted to see some alternate paths or optional character kill-offs (Or optional character protections). That would have made the game so much better...

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff