Reply Extreme & Ritual Modification
Scarification Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

girl_omnipotent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:07 pm
True, but I did it rather well. I'll be VERY proud to show it off. I'll have pics to display...when I either get my camera fixed, or buy a new one, depending on how much it will cost to get the camera fixed.

Note to self: never loan out electronics again...EVER!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:07 am
Black Carpathia

the problem with scarification is its hard to do it well. you have to have a good feel for the deepness of the skin just like in tattoing. if you cut to shallow the scar wont be as noticeable, if you cut to deep it will bleed a lot and could cause severe damage.

That's very true, got a story of that when I was like in early middle school or late elemetart school. I wanted to try and make desine so got the idea to use soem wide tape and a permanate marker. I put the tape directly on my skin then used an x-acto knife to cut the desine in, planing on simply rubbing the marker over the cut area of the tape to make a 'temperary tatoo'. Now.. for some reason I don't really feel pain.. it just doesn't register the same for me for some reason, so When I cut the tape what I thought was the adhesive pulling hairs was the blade in my skin. Afterwards I noticed alittle red under the tape and realiced what happened when I removed the tape. I didn't cut that deep but it was deep enough to scar, and not it's not visable at all, only a few tiny spots are noticable if you look VERY hard.  

Leian

Mugwamp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:27 am
Wow Ok there is SOOOO much wrong with this thread.

How old are you? You don't have your priorities straight as far as it sounds, I don't know for sure but you don't sound like you are old enough to decide to modify your body in such a way let alone do it yourself, risking infection and serious injury.

If a person does not mind you mutilating your body then they couldn't care less about you.

You need serious councelling addressing the self-esteem issues which spawn the cutting.

Before you make such a serious decision to modify your body, address the serious issues that you are in the midst of.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:53 am
yeah, umm, isn't this against the rules?

6. Absolutly NO discussion of "At home Body Piercings/Tattoos" I will ban you for your idiocy and delete your post. I cannot STAND idiots who don't take the time to save up money to get it professionaly done. There's something called personal HEALTH. Piercings and tattoos may result in death if you aren't a professional.

if there is no discussion of at home tattoos/piercings, what about at home scarification?

DeadBabyDoll

GoddessAurora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:12 am
Mugwamp
Wow Ok there is SOOOO much wrong with this thread.

How old are you? You don't have your priorities straight as far as it sounds, I don't know for sure but you don't sound like you are old enough to decide to modify your body in such a way let alone do it yourself, risking infection and serious injury.

If a person does not mind you mutilating your body then they couldn't care less about you.

You need serious councelling addressing the self-esteem issues which spawn the cutting.

Before you make such a serious decision to modify your body, address the serious issues that you are in the midst of.

I was wondering when someone would say something. I just joined and this thread upsets me greatly.
Deadbabydoll~ I too thought this violated that rule.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:40 am
Scarification has grown on me over the years. Personally how ever I view scars as physical manifestations of lessons learned. Therefore if they're going to be artificial, I find prefer ones that are representative of that. It is somewhat enchanting the idea of what is normally categorized as deformity and turning it into art in any case.  

Ruby Doe

qiU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:14 am
girl_omnipotent
I've decided to have scarification done! The design is small, and kindof tribal, but one I designed myself, and I plan on doing it myself as well. I know the process and I cut anyways, so no big deal, right?

Problem is: my boyfriend is going to FREAK! I've decied to do it without telling him about it first, that wya he doesnt have the chance to talk me out of it. *sigh*

how should I break it to him?

All I can say is HELL NO!!!! Don't do it please!!!! Don't do scarification yourself, there is a HUGE difference between cutting and scarification, you need a PRO for it...
It's VERY hard to make the line look thin and smooth and to make it all even... It's one of the things I would research and travel half across the globe if needed just to get it done right.

Now, as for you BF, I had to give up on a few things I wanted for my fiancee, but I still have things I'm not sure of so I'll take my time. I stopped my ears at 22mm (about 7/8" I think) for her and took out my PA and my 3.2mm septum... I'm not gonna get neck tattoos for now also because she is against it (and I'm not ready for that anyway yet) but I can not say I never will... I guess it's different since she is also really into modifying and has even a bit more ink on her than me so we do both see the body in a similar way but I want to take my changes to the next level and she is scared of that... She had some bad time with my conches (since that will never close and it's in the middle of the ear) but she got used to most of the rest. If she would ever react in an extreme way as saying she will rip it out, brake up with me or anything like that I would just sat "F*$% YOU!" since no one has the right to do that to you, they can advice, explain how much it will bother them and ask nicely... Even say they wouldn't be able to look at you to the point they would have to brake up with you, but as a threat I would never take it and just tell him to bugger off.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:23 am
Okay, just read back and saw you already did it, could you post some pics?

I would go with burning and implants myself tho, gonna gat a few when the time comes, 2 burned starts and one implanted one on the inner side of my arm (from elbow to wrist...)

Anyways, I would like to see how it turned out since I haven't seen hardly any good scarifications yet.  

qiU

Mugwamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:42 pm
Moron Children,
You should be put into a program of some sort to prevent your destructive behavior.

You make a mockery of the art behind Body Modification.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:48 pm
Mugwamp
Moron Children,
You should be put into a program of some sort to prevent your destructive behavior.

Are you refering to scarification in general or doing it yourself. if you refer to doing it yourself then yes, i'd have to agree with you.  

GoddessAurora

Mugwamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:55 pm
GoddessAurora
Mugwamp
Moron Children,

Are you refering to scarification in general or doing it yourself. if you refer to doing it yourself then yes, i'd have to agree with you.

I'm referring to her specific situation and careless actions.

I don't have anything wrong with scarification in general as an artform if it is well researched, well thought out, and preventative actions are taken against infection.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:01 pm
Mugwamp
GoddessAurora
Mugwamp
Moron Children,

I don't have anything wrong with scarification in general as an artform if it is well researched, well thought out, and preventative actions are taken against infection.

Yes I agree with you completely on that. I've wanted to post something here but I was too bothered by it to form sentences. the entire situation sickens me, from the boyfriend to the doing it herself. I do rather like scarification but as a former mutilator I can't allow myself to get it done. I also didn't post because I would be calling the kettle black, but I've grown up since those days.  

GoddessAurora

Mugwamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:04 pm
GoddessAurora
Mugwamp
GoddessAurora
Mugwamp
Moron Children,

Yes I agree with you completely on that. I've wanted to post something here but I was too bothered by it to form sentences. the entire situation sickens me, from the boyfriend to the doing it herself. I do rather like scarification but as a former mutilator I can't allow myself to get it done. I also didn't post because I would be calling the kettle black, but I've grown up since those days.

Actually, I have formerly injured myself and it makes it easier to suggets therapy and help, because i've been there first hand. We all grow up and learn that such acts are unnecessary and childish and we all grow out of them. This thread alltogether is certainly disgusting and I can't believe that the mods allowed it to progress.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:06 pm
Mugwamp
GoddessAurora
Mugwamp
GoddessAurora
Mugwamp
Moron Children,

Actually, I have formerly injured myself and it makes it easier to suggets therapy and help, because i've been there first hand. We all grow up and learn that such acts are unnecessary and childish and we all grow out of them. This thread alltogether is certainly disgusting and I can't believe that the mods allowed it to progress.

I question whether or not it violates the rules  

GoddessAurora

Mugwamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:08 pm
Well... Milk made a comment so she has to be aware of the thread. I know others have been scolded for it but there's nothing that we can do.  
Extreme & Ritual Modification

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff