Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tekken Force

Back to Guilds

Tags: Tekken, Fighting, Video Games, Namco, Playstation 

Reply The Tekken Force
Introduce Yourself Here Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pwn of Prophecy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:44 am
Well, I just got invited, and Tekken is my all time favorite fighting game so...Yeah. Well, I'm looking forward to Tekken 6 and am going to buy Dark Resurrection very soon. My favorite characters are Eddy, Paul, Hwoarang, and Baek. Power to the combos!

Oh, and I hate to say it, but my literate counter part is yelling at me to tell you that it's "Introduce." No "s." sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:26 am
'ello 'ello

Name is Josh, also known as Icege (obviously). I'm currently the owner of both the "Fighting Game Forum Veterans" and "The Competitive Gamers' Alliance" guilds. I'm also a moderator for several forums on Tekken Zaibatsu.

I'm very active in the tournament scene, organizing and helping run them myself. I also participate in them often. I'm regarded as the best player in the Carolinas (although ATL > me for free), as well as the best Craig Marduk player in the country for T4 and T5DR. In 5.0, I was regarded as best on the east coast, and it was a toss up between myself and Solus (Solus had pulled off tournament wins, but I had placed with much harder competition. I'd say he was the smarter player though smile ).

Some particular placings I'm proud of:
5th MLG Philadelphia
16th out of 128 ATL Regionals
9th East Coast Championships X
9th V TYME!! 3 (out of 56)
32nd Evo2k5 (for TTT)
17th Final Round 9 (out of 80+)

Along with winning and placing in a variety of smaller tournaments.

Obviously, I'm lean towards the game play side. I come off as a bit... gruff I guess would be one of the nicer ways of saying it. I promise you this is limited strictly to Gaia. For some reason, the people's uncanny ability to not only refute logic, but not believe the word of more experienced persons just drives me ballistic. I'm actually a very, very friendly person pretty much anywhere else, including real life.

I started off as a fanboy just like the rest of ya'll. I first played Tekken, picking King as my main as well as dabbling with Nina and Kazuya. Tekken 2 rolled around, and was the only Tekken I never owned (to be honest, I didn't care for it much). I played King still. Tekken 3, I made the switch to Eddy Gordo (sans button mashing). Tekken Tag I got into pretty heavily, but didn't actually get "good" until Tekken 4. In TTT I played Kings or Eddy/King. Now I play Ogres, Devil/Jin, Julia/Bruce, Kings, Eddy, and Lei. Tekken 4 was where my name started to get out there in the competitive scene. I started travelling to tournaments and actually used training mode for purposes other than finding goofy, neat little combos. I used Marduk primarily, and learned Jin just because he was so busted. Later in the games life, I was using a lot of Lee and Julia as well. Especially Lee.

Tekken 5 dropped, and again I mained Marduk. As the game became better known, I picked up Steve, Nina, and Feng Wei as well. I can play pretty much any character in 5.0. For DR, I play Marduk and Dragunov primarily. My 3rd varies between Feng Wei, Lee, Bruce, Eddy, Heihachi, A. King, Bryan, and King. I'm on Feng Wei right now... it's most likely going to be between him and Lee smile

Anyways, if you actually are interested in getting better at this game, I am more than willing to help out. All I ask is that you refrain from using things such as Survival Mode, Practice Times, AI difficulty, etc to gauge how "good" you are.  

Icege

Action Bawstard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:54 am
You're real name is Josh, Icege?

That so anti-climatic D:

Next thing you'll tell me is that you aren't black!

XD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:21 pm
Hi, my name is Helen. I've played Tekken since I was 10...or 9 from Tekken 1 to Tekken 5 (including Tag and Advance). I've yet to play Tekken 5 Dark Resurruction. My favorite and strongest character is Julia Chang. 3nodding

Shiny Flaaffy

1,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Icege

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:41 am
YunaChouChan

That so anti-climatic D:

XD

I'm not really Jewish either sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:42 pm
Icege
YunaChouChan

That so anti-climatic D:

XD

I'm not really Jewish either sweatdrop

D:
There you go...destorying my dreams crying
BTW, are you by chance gunna come to AWA? :3

Action Bawstard

henred5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:46 am
hi all i'm henred5 who loves playing tekken to bits. Its my fav game EVER and also i am better at playing it then my older sibling brothers. hehe..should see what happens when they loose against me.
Also I create graphics such as this:
User Image

I might create a mini pix poster of the whole of the Tekken characters (including the dead ones) in this doll syle i have created.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:41 am
eek

Tekkensennin

Loves Tekken

Enough said... :p  

Tekkensennin
Crew

V_Dash

Reveler

4,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:05 am
i just got invited here
tekken DR hasn't hit europe yet...so i'm waitin it out
on the PS2..i play with Steve Fox and..eh Kazuya and Jin/Devil Jin mostly
and yeah..that's it xp  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:00 am
Hey, my name's Kat and I'm 18 and from the UK. I've loved Tekken since Tekken 3 and my interests include: gaming, photography, art, history, reading and astrology.  

Shadow__Dweller

YoukoPeam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:22 pm
Hullo, I'm Peam or Sam whichever you wish to call me. I'm 17
I've been a big fan of tekken for a long time. Personally, my fave is Hwoarang.
I've played all the games from the ones in the aracade to Tekken 5 to the gameboy ones. -^^-
My interest are: reading, writing, Medical things, and Yaoi *Yeah I am a fangirl on Yaoi V_V;;; *  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:00 am
Heya there!

I'm AngelicFrost and you can call me either Frosty or Kammryn.. yesh.
Ever since the first Tekken came out I had been a big fan and a serious a** kicker in that game. I LOVE.. LOVE Ling Xiaoyu LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!!

Intrest: Gaming, RPing, shopping, playing basketball, rollerblading and listening to music. ^_^  

AngelicFrost

Haseo_Ovan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:18 pm
Hello, my username is Haseo_Ovan ((though on most sites it's Gaime Zakari)) I've been playing tekken since I was in 6th grade, and all though I HAVE gotten better...I'm still nowhere as good as a lot of other players out there. I just got tekken 5 a few days ago, I know...I'm slow, and am currently in the process of getting money in the game. I don't have a job, yet, and am a Junior in highschool. One day I want to own my own comic book company with my best friend. Well, that's all that I can think of about me right now.

Edit: And my favorite tekken character is Bryan.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:26 pm
Welcome  

Rukuro17
Captain

Dixz - kyo89

Versatile Humorist

9,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:47 pm
Well i started tekken since 3 because i was old enough to play it...my main are Nina, Bob, Paul and Bruce but i use pretty much anyone and willing to share my knowledge from them..Im from PR so im representing Pr from some area hehe mrgreen

Edit: most of the time i have a Will89 nick but dont find it here..it was used..so yeah names Will mrgreen  
The Tekken Force

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff