Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Okay, seriously...who likes Death Metal? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Isel-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:25 pm
Cale412
old skool Underoath is the best Death Metal out there.

NO IT ISN'T AND YOU COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Isel
Cale412

Well I think Cale412 just volunteered to be our sacrifice to the dark one for this year? wouldn't you agree?  

Rellik San
Captain

-Isel-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:11 am
Rellik San
Isel
Cale412

Well I think Cale412 just volunteered to be our sacrifice to the dark one for this year? wouldn't you agree?

Yes, quite.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:21 am
Isel
Rellik San
Isel
Cale412

Yes, quite.

Hey people Underoath isn't death metal it's screemo...

There is a difference and it is:
Death metal=Growling
Screemo=Screaming  

Kamadev

xxxcyberaddictxxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:53 pm
I mean old as in Act of Depression in which they growl and scream.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:53 pm
THe Black Dahlia Murder! <3  

Xx~Jarrod~xX

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:31 pm
Xx~Jarrod~xX
THe Black Dahlia Murder! <3

Leave.... leave now and never return...

Seriously, BDM are not, never will be and never have been Black Metal  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:36 pm
Cale412

But that still doesn't make it death metal!

Listen to Celtic Frost and get back to me on that, okay? Better yet, how about some Cannibal Corpse?

... If you're in for a laugh, check out GWAR, they're parody-death.

-Isel-

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:44 pm
Isel
Cale412

Listen to Celtic Frost and get back to me on that, okay? Better yet, how about some Cannibal Corpse?

Nah GWAR are more about the spectacle then the music, same with bands like Lordi and the original Misfits, perhaps you could call them, early visual kei more then black metal.

Hmmmm depending on how stereotypical you wanna go, maybe Dimmu, Emporer and Immortal are pretty much by the book bands. Though if you want something with humour, I suggest Goretted, as they are the Macc Lads of death metal.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:50 pm
I like death metal...  

chickajasmine

TinkerBellsHell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:22 pm
HELLZ YEAH JFAC  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:52 pm
Rellik San
Isel
Cale412

Nah GWAR are more about the spectacle then the music, same with bands like Lordi and the original Misfits, perhaps you could call them, early visual kei more then black metal.

Hmmmm depending on how stereotypical you wanna go, maybe Dimmu, Emporer and Immortal are pretty much by the book bands. Though if you want something with humour, I suggest Goretted, as they are the Macc Lads of death metal.

*ehem*

You stepped on VK territory, now I have to swerve to touch that topic.

X-Japan is early Visual Kei. Visual Kei wasn't even known in America until Malice Mizer, really, and even then it didn't become popular until its recent explosion thanks to bands like Dir en Grey, Psycho le Cemu, Antic Cafe, 12012, Baiser, and hundreds of others.

Visual Kei's object is to generate pretty-looking boys. There are many other "kei"s and styles within theatrical J-rock, VK is just the most popular. EGL, though considered a look instead of a genre, plays a part in the look of late Malice Mizer and all throughout Moi dix Mois (thank Mana). If GWAR was anything Japanese, they'd fit under EroGuroNansensu's musical facet (Erotic Grotesque Nonsense), maybe without the "erotic" part.

... yeah. Off on a tangent, majorly. I agree with the "by the book" bands you listed... what about Mortiis?

-Isel-

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:31 pm
Isel
Rellik San
Isel
Cale412

*ehem*

X-Japan is early Visual Kei. Visual Kei wasn't even known in America until Malice Mizer, really, and even then it didn't become popular until its recent explosion thanks to bands like Dir en Grey, Psycho le Cemu, Antic Cafe, 12012, Baiser, and hundreds of others.

Visual Kei's object is to generate pretty-looking boys. There are many other "kei"s and styles within theatrical J-rock, VK is just the most popular. EGL, though considered a look instead of a genre, plays a part in the look of late Malice Mizer and all throughout Moi dix Mois (thank Mana). If GWAR was anything Japanese, they'd fit under EroGuroNansensu's musical facet (Erotic Grotesque Nonsense), maybe without the "erotic" part.

... yeah. Off on a tangent, majorly. I agree with the "by the book" bands you listed... what about Mortiis?

Ahhh I never really nothered getting that deep into the japanese metal scene, I listen to what I like, but it so happens what I like not many people do. D:

Anyway, Mortiis is like cradle of filth, its more comedy the black metal.

Oh and to settle the underoath thing, its not bm unless it mentions nihilism or forest spirits... ahhh don't you just love stereotypes.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:26 pm
Rellik San
Isel
Rellik San
Isel
Cale412

*ehem*

Ahhh I never really nothered getting that deep into the japanese metal scene, I listen to what I like, but it so happens what I like not many people do. D:

Anyway, Mortiis is like cradle of filth, its more comedy the black metal.

Oh and to settle the underoath thing, its not bm unless it mentions nihilism or forest spirits... ahhh don't you just love stereotypes.

Yeah I love stereotypes.

You know, I've heard Slipknot categorized as death metal just because it mentions death here and there.

But wouldn't that also make French nursery rhymes "death metal"? Makes one think.

Or not, it just makes one dumb.

-Isel-

noweah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:43 pm
Can't live without death metal! biggrin  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games