Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
H2G2 TV Show Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:16 am
I lended my DVD to a cab driver friend of mine, but then he left in the back seat of his cab and it got stolen. sweatdrop I hope whoever got it likes it. Spread the conspiracy. cool

Anyways, yes, David Dixon is the cuteness (even though his hair wasn't exactly red either wink ). I read somewhere that for the scene where he turns into a penguin, he went to the zoo and hung out with the penguins for a whole day so he could act like one. Even got the penguin-y voice down. But then when they were ready to shoot the scene, they were like, "Oh, dude, you can just talk normal. We'll use modern technology to make your voice all penguiny." crying No fair! I wanna hear his penguin voice!
Hair color nonwithstanding, I prefer this Ford's wardrobe. mrgreen When I saw the movie, I was like, "Oh gee, Ford's wearing white...and off-white...and eggshell...and creme...and ivory... and..." (it goes on like this).
Also, more on David Dixon - his eyes were blue, but not the freakycool bright blue eyes Ford was supposed to have. So they fitted him out with special contact lenses - unfortunately, owing to '80s film technology, the only place they really show up is in the pub scene and in some of the photographs taken.
...speaking of the pub, Doug's in there too, but with slightly more clothing.

Incidentally, if you could combine the main head of the movie Zaphod with the...um, quiet head of the TV Zaphod (assuming it were actually human), you'd have, like, an optimum Zaphod.
And in one version of HHGG (the Illustrated Guide?), Zaphod is black. So, whatever...but I still kinda miss Ford's hair. crying

Oh, and there's a movie on HBO right now called "Something the Lord Made", about the first-ever heart bypass surgery...it stars Alan Rickman and Mos Def, both of whom need no introduction. ninja Good movie, too.

Also, you know that "Magic Moments" song playing when Arthur & his friends reunite on Magrathea? It's also in a restaurant scene in the movie "Dogma", which features, as the seraphim Metatron... Alan Rickman!

And then in "Love, Actually", we have... Bill Nighy (Slarty) and... Alan Rickman!

Okay, that's a lot of Alan Rickman. I think I need to lie down now. sweatdrop

And finally, TV series "chibis", gleaned somewhere off the internet (the original site they were from was dead, so...):
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:10 am
The tv show is great, I love ford! David Dixon did a great job, and will alway be Ford to me!

And yes, Trillion has a down right insipped voice!  

Sansei

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:12 pm
eek

biggrin Congratulations, Sansei, your sig just made me clutch at my heart and squeal breathlessly with fangirl delight. 4laugh heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:00 pm
Yes! I got the TV show on DVD today! *dances* I watched it in one sitting. With my towel (of course). I loved it. Loved it loved it loved it. Brilliant. The theme song is still stuck in my head. The special effects were... bad... but that sort of added to the effect.

Let's see... favourite episode? Can't decide. Favourite character? FORD! Least favourite: Trillian. She was like... like... like... something bad. No other word to describe it xp

Also, something weird: The DVD cost me $42.99. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!  

wingnut the improbable

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:23 am
Ooh... creepy.. *plays X-files theme*

I just learned to play the theme song on my harp. wOOt! for pointless but wonderful wastes of time! xd

Oh, btw, I stole the chibi Ford picture for my sig. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:26 am
Lupe_Oceana
I just learned to play the theme song on my harp. wOOt! for pointless but wonderful wastes of time! xd
I could probably figure it out on guitar, but I won't be able to get the harmony in unless I listened to it for about two hours. Though I could probably make one up. I looked for tabs on the internet, but I could only find one. And it sucked stare  

wingnut the improbable

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:29 am
Where was it? Even if it sucked, I could probably improve it. And then my brother could modify the tabs and play the song on his electric mandolin.

...don't ask. Everyone in my family plays wierd instruments.

And I probably have the harmonies completely wrong. I just kind of guessed. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:38 am
*steals Ford chibi for use in sig* (it's so cute!)

Lupe_Oceana
Where was it? Even if it sucked, I could probably improve it. And then my brother could modify the tabs and play the song on his electric mandolin.

...don't ask. Everyone in my family plays wierd instruments.

And I probably have the harmonies completely wrong. I just kind of guessed. sweatdrop

It was... somewhere on 911tabs. I could improve it if I really really wanted to, but I'm too lazy. And it's easier for me to figure stuff out by ear (unless it has four guitar parts or something. Then I need a friend to help me. I actually figured out a four-guitar song once. It was hard.)

I wish I could play electric mandolin. I can play... er... French horn? That's weird, right? No? Oh well.  

wingnut the improbable

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:41 am
French horns RULE! I am quite envious of people who can play them. As well as those who can play the guitar. The four-way song sounds very cool.
...One time my brother and I worked out "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" for harp and violin. We still cannot figure out why we picked that song.

..the Ford chibis are taking over the world! Maybe they can beat those stupid bunnies! (by strangling them with towels?)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:50 am
Lupe_Oceana
French horns RULE! I am quite envious of people who can play them. As well as those who can play the guitar. The four-way song sounds very cool.
...One time my brother and I worked out "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" for harp and violin. We still cannot figure out why we picked that song.

..the Ford chibis are taking over the world! Maybe they can beat those stupid bunnies! (by strangling them with towels?)
My brother can not play guitar with other people. It's sort of funny. It's like "No, Wilfrid! It's an A! Not a B minor! An A! And stop speeding up and slowing down like that!" (no, his name is not 'Wilfrid')

I have to put something in my sig about Ford needing to take over the world! I'm going to do that.  

wingnut the improbable

Jupiter-X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:18 pm
three fords in a row!

i'm gonna be ford for halloween. well, at least, I'm going to try....
it's gonna be hard to find such cool clothes.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:46 am
Jupiter-X
three fords in a row!

I would be Ford for Halloween but unfortunately, I'm the wrong gender. So I'll have to think of something else. I don't have any ideas yet. But it's only September... which means I'll think of what I'll be on Halloween on... October 30. sweatdrop

I love Ford's sweater. It is so... so... so argyle-ish.  

wingnut the improbable

Sansei

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:46 am
Jupiter-X
three fords in a row!

Try a Joanne Fabrics! Sorry, I work at one. . . but I have been keeping and eye out for the right fabric and have seen a couple of passable ones. Why might you ask have I been keeping an eye out. . . .
no, I'm not making a costume. . . I'm just weird and look for it. . .actually a friend was making a doll of Ford, it got me started. I just keep looking now.

I'm just a little Ford obsessed.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:31 pm
Yay, the TV series!

Speaking of David Dixon as Ford, he was the first visual representation of Ford I ever saw, and I love the character straight away. So now, even if it's the radio series I'm listening to, or reading the book, it's always him I imagine. 3nodding

And just seeing the Great Douglas Adams showing off his bum... xd That's one of my favourite episodes! 3nodding  

Starlit Jewel

SeanyBoyo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:17 am
:'[ I was supposed to get the TV series for Christmas, but my parents got me a printer instead.

WHO NEEDS A NEW PRINTER? crying  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games