Submit

Elves rule?
Forever!
100%
 100%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 28

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:39 pm
Well technically she became human, which makes her mortal but there are other mortal beings. It's kinda like Arwen, choosing to be human over Elven. I THINK Luthien was given the choice by the Vala as well....  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:58 pm
In fact Beren died in the hunt of Carcharoth the great white wolf, so Luthien went to Mandos and begged him to bring back Beren, so he did it and then both lived mortal lives and died years later, they said that the most beautiful vision in Arda was Luthien wearing the Nauglamir, that's something few people know twisted  

Eudor16

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:23 am
Ooooo thanks for helping clear it all up biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:17 pm
You're welcome! And thanks for such a warm welcome, it really feels good.  

Eudor16

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:25 pm
^_^ We're still trying to re-open at the moment, so it's nice seeing someone around.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:30 am
Lol, yeah I think its been at lest 3 months now....I wish I had more time, school is really very time demanding at the moment.  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:03 pm
It's okies ^^ Summer WILL come biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:19 pm
HUZZAH! Okay, did you know that C.S. Lewis hated Tolkien's LotR because he thought Tolkien didn't put enough of God in (like Lewis with Chronicles of Narnia) and Tolkien thought that Lewis was screwy because he was writing for little kids. How odd.  

Elenyae

Londo Mollari

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:29 pm
Not to mention that Tolkien loathed allegory like Sauron loathed the Eldar. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:22 pm
Ooo that's really interesting biggrin  

churrlo

Faerie Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:30 pm
It's true that the idea for hobbits was started when Tolkien scribbled "in a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit" on someone's exam. It's in his biography. The books were spawned by an arguement that Tolkien had with CS Lewis on God, which is why they had such arguements regarding the contents of each other books.
Most of LotR is based on his experiences in WWI as well as the epic Beowulf.

Random fact: The three hunters met Gandalf the White on Aragorn's 88th birthday.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:25 am
Hah! Well that is random. And this is totally off-the-point, but I've been to the Eagle and Child where the Inklings (Lewis and Tolkien included) used to hang out. Had dinner there too. mrgreen  

Elenyae

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:11 am
Well thats rather posh of you. Tolkien and Lewis are funny.....I knew they had some 'conflict' between them somehow...and now I know why.

Anyways, there were colleagues right? But were they friends as well?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:21 am
LoL. It's like a tavern...pub...bar. Yup, they were both professors at Oxford University (I think). And yeah, they were pretty good friends...just differed a bit on religion and the whole writing thing. But all the Inklings were good friends.  

Elenyae

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:21 pm
This is interesting to hear about ^^ I didn't know a lot of this stuff blaugh I did know about the WWI stuff though, I heard about it and there are several illusions. Such as "Men of the West" being the good people, or the Allies in the war and the east being the enemy razz  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff