Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
That Age Thing... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever noticed how young the senshi really are?
  Ya, their just kids!
  No, they're older than I am
  Jail Bate~
View Results

AlwynKris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:01 pm
You know...I've never really paid attention. sure iknew how old she was but wow.. now that you've pointed it out...yah.. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:34 pm
Here's my theory: Sailor Senshi can live to be thousands of years old. They grow up normal, at about 20-something stop aging for a few millennia, and at about 5,000 years the aging process resumes and they eventually pass away like normal people. If at anytime they are killed before this "natural death" occurs, they are reborn. Of course, they would be reborn on their homeworld. But that's just the way I see things. I'm sure Naoko-hime would agree. What do you think?  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Kimiski-Chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:21 pm
Actually in the anime they made their age gap older.
During the first season of Sailor Moon in the manga Usagi is in 8th grade yea, but Mamoru is in 11th.
Remember when he pulls his ID card out and shows Usagi on the Phantom Bus? It says : Darien Shelids Garde 11 "I'm a normal student like you" he says.

In Japan, once girls reach 16, thats legal age to get married. Thats why she's ingaged when she first gets into High School in the last season. She reached age, and Mamoru sorta proposed.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:07 am
Luamervara
Kelso
In the manga when Darien shoves his ID card in Bunny's face it says

Darien Shields
Azabu High School
11th grade

so he started out in high school.
probably 17 or 18.
so yeaaaaaah. idk.

*reference: sailor moon pocket mixx. book one. page 96

Plus she has a point ^

Mamoru and Usagi started dating there was a three year difference between them.

There for, it's even acceptable over here.

But since they made him Twenty over here in America (Anime Wise)

And she was still fourteen- There for he would've been arrested for child molestation and ect.

*raises brow* Does anyone besides me find that amazingly funny?

One of MANY reasons I prefer the manga then the anime. Don't get me wrong I still DO like the anime, but when thinking of all the changes they made including making Mamoru older therefore making Usagi 'jailbait' (over here in Canada & the US anyway) is just STUPID and generally makes me mad.

And I only get mad because then I start thinking about the whole 'politics' of it all (which is SO a thing to NOT talk about in this thread).  

Angel Darkchylde

gamersdreams

4,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:35 pm
I often forget how old she is.
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:31 am
I had a slight grasp on the age difference when I cosplayed as Hotaru, who's only 13 when she meets Usagi and Reeni for the first time. I think by then Usagi is like 15. I just didn't know exactly how young she was when she became Sailor Moon. It just made me feel a little awkward when I was 19 cosplaying as a 13 year old. But it was fun.  

pheonix_kitten

2,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200

B4D W0LF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:15 pm
well I have an older boyfriend and the age differeance isnt much of an issue. Like someone metioned earlier, in japan the age differance wouldnt been seen as such a big deal. Also Mamoru would have to be at least 18 anyway, because he can drive. (you cant take your drivers test untill age 18 in japan)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:24 pm
Ya, I know it's a little weird but when I was 16 I had a 24 year old boyfriend. I always like dating older guys because I guess I'm mature enough too- younger people always got on my nerves... So I understand Usagi doing that but Mamoru is taking a big leap with a crybaby like her, but she is so caring I think that makes up for it!  

User_8572

Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces