Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Crystal Tokyo hmmm >.> <.< Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever wondered about Crystal Tokyo?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 am
-.0; I don't know where you got that part about a 'great war then ice age' bit from. Anime wise, the ice age part came before the battles with the rebels.

In the manga there was no Ice age at all. *no evdience of this.* Since they were crowned in the 21st century of tokyo (ie- see Sailor moon SuperS) They didn't take the thrones yet in that though.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:21 pm
ElaborateDream
Has anyone wondered: How did Serenity and Endymion get elected King and Queen over the world?

Was there an election held through out the world? What happened? How did they explain that they remain young for so long? How do they explain that their five year old daughter is actully over 500 years old? Does she stay in kindergarten that long? XD j/k

If they stay young forever, does that mean that their kingdom is not passed to anyone else? Is it just me, or ...doesnt the bible say something about Jesus' kingdom in the future wont pass to any other people?

Sailor Moon = Religion?

*coughhackplotcoughholehackcough* MAN that was some tough phlegm! eek

Neither the animé nor the manga went into technical detail about the ruling of Neo Queen Serenity and King Endymion. It's very hard to say for sure how it would've/could've happened, as we don't know Naoko's original thoughts regarding it. This lack of information has, however, inspired many fanfictionists- there are some good stories that explore both the Silver Millenium and the time of Crystal Tokyo and their governments in great detail on the internet. (Maybe I can whip up a few links when it's not 1:34 am?). No one knows for sure how it all worked out; my guess is because there wasn't really too much thought put in behind it; thus why I call the whole Crystal Tokyo bit a plot-hole.

I remember King Endymion in the animé saying that there was a second ice age; Neo Queen Serenity apparently used the ginzuishou to 'wake' the earth (I distinctly remember this part being a pan of the earth and pink sparklies all over it XD); not sure if it was 30th century by then... and Crystal Tokyo came along, being a bustling, prosperous, peaceful hub of the new world, or something to that effect. How Usagi survived this ice age in order to rebirth the vitality on Earth, I have no freakin' clue confused

In the manga, there was no ice age. I haven't read the manga in months; not to mention I'd have to sift back through Alex Glovers translations seeing as I have the japanese reprinted manga- however, I'm pretty sure that Endymion said that Usagi ascended to the throne during her 22nd year(her own aging process had stopped, being a member of the Silver Millenium; she reached full adult maturation) in the 21st century and then gave birth to Chibi-Usa.

And dumbo me just realized that 30th Century starts in the year 2900. So at least it makes sense that Chibi-Usa's maturation is stalled and she's 900-something years old when she goes back into the past. (How old, 902? So we have a birth year span of 2000-2002 to work with?) But this is off topic now ^^;

I don't think it's fair to say Sailor Moon = religion. Naoko borrowed a lot of symbolism and some themes, but the theme and subject of the BSSM story itself isn't religious.  

Alexandria LeClair

Amanore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:23 pm
The thing that confuses me the most about Crystal Tokyo is the buildings...It seems stupid, but they just don't look very structurally sound, you know? Haha, I'm just kidding. It does raise a lot of questions though. I can see an ancient kingdom like the Moon Kingdom being built under a monarchy, but a future monarchy is a bit different. It makes me wonder whether, under today's world system, the Black Moon rebels really had the right ideas.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:13 am
That's what I'm trying to convey in my posts and some fanfiction. The people like having a voice in the goverment and like being able to -say- what's what.

For Crystal Tokyo to work there are three ways to go about it. One way is to be a complete and utter dictator. Screw the people, you say goes.

Another is to have the people voice concerns but over all it is your desicion- Monarchy. With the problem of both of those is the fact that with one, people will get fed up with being ignored. And they will revolt. Think of the French revolution only a lot more messy.

With Monarchy you have to depend on bloodlines and all that crap and advantagous marriages that leave no room for love or anything silly. PRoblem with that is if they keep marrying in the same circles they'll end up with a lot of inbreeding. Don't care how long they live or how technogical advance they are, Mother Nature has a way of saying ' No bad humans'.

That and you have to depend on the heir-ie next Moron- to make good desicions and to be decent. That's too much and often there are advisors that are crooked.

And the last bit.

The Monarchy of Crystal tokyo could be just figure heads. They have no real power. They can't declare war or anything like that. In this aspect think of the British Royal family of the now. They are really figure heads and the parilment is what is really ruling.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:58 am
SweetBunny8
Quote manga:

King Endymion: The lifetime of the people of the Silver Millenium is around a thousand years. In most, after reaching maturity the aging process stops. I was touched by the same power and like the people of Silver Millenium, gained a long life span. It was not only us. Once we were crowned in the twenty-first century (<-*gasp*), all of Crystal Tokyo became a generation of ageless people.

-

And Chibi-Usa hadn't been 'awakened' as you can call it. Her powers developed late. Thanks to this, she didn't grew. When she finally got her powers, she began to grow and will continue to until she reaches the age of 22.

(Usagi gave birth to Chibi-Usa when she was 22, by the way^-^)

I get it now... The Silver Crystal is the cause of this. It's Holy power gives the same sort of longevity Sailor Senshi have... but for Sailor Senshi, it extends their longevity... This makes Neo-Queen Serenity, Neo-King Endymion, and the others practically immortal. Everyone else living in Crystal Tokyo just lives far longer than normal... Now I can explain how some characters in my Silver Millennium fanfiction live so long...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:18 am
Quote:
Usagi gave birth to Chibi-Usa when she was 22, by the way

For real? Can anyone actually back that up? I'm writing a fanfiction and, if that's true, I need to do some number adjusting!  

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:15 am
Rush_Hardroc
SweetBunny8
Quote manga:

King Endymion: The lifetime of the people of the Silver Millenium is around a thousand years. In most, after reaching maturity the aging process stops. I was touched by the same power and like the people of Silver Millenium, gained a long life span. It was not only us. Once we were crowned in the twenty-first century (<-*gasp*), all of Crystal Tokyo became a generation of ageless people.

-

And Chibi-Usa hadn't been 'awakened' as you can call it. Her powers developed late. Thanks to this, she didn't grew. When she finally got her powers, she began to grow and will continue to until she reaches the age of 22.

(Usagi gave birth to Chibi-Usa when she was 22, by the way^-^)

I get it now... The Silver Crystal is the cause of this. It's Holy power gives the same sort of longevity Sailor Senshi have... but for Sailor Senshi, it extends their longevity... This makes Neo-Queen Serenity, Neo-King Endymion, and the others practically immortal. Everyone else living in Crystal Tokyo just lives far longer than normal... Now I can explain how some characters in my Silver Millennium fanfiction live so long...

It's not exactly 'holy' More so that it killed off a lot of the germs and diseases that make your body work very hard and wear itself out before they shut down.

That's a very good reason as to why people lived so long- without your oragns working double time you can live longer. However...that's just my veiw of it. Endymion says it extended the life of people on earth. Which, by the by, could also account for low birthrates too.

Anyway, but yes, at a certain point (around 21/22) Usagi stops aging. 22 she has chibiusa.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:31 am
It appears that all senshi do... The age of full maturity is the cap on age... at least for a few thousand years or so...  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Syndrama

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:08 pm
Best way to figure out Usagi's age when she had the baby. Chibi Usa(gi) was 998 in the year 3000, Usagi was 16 in the year 1998 (the year Stars debuted).

3000-1998=1002 years between Stars and Chibi Usa being 998 years old.

1002-998= 4 years later she has a baby.

16+4 = 20.

Usagi is 20 when she gives birth according to that math.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:46 am
No Chibiusa was 901/902 when we see her.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:28 am
Rei Torano
That's what I'm trying to convey in my posts and some fanfiction. The people like having a voice in the goverment and like being able to -say- what's what.

For Crystal Tokyo to work there are three ways to go about it. One way is to be a complete and utter dictator. Screw the people, you say goes.

Another is to have the people voice concerns but over all it is your desicion- Monarchy. With the problem of both of those is the fact that with one, people will get fed up with being ignored. And they will revolt. Think of the French revolution only a lot more messy.

With Monarchy you have to depend on bloodlines and all that crap and advantagous marriages that leave no room for love or anything silly. PRoblem with that is if they keep marrying in the same circles they'll end up with a lot of inbreeding. Don't care how long they live or how technogical advance they are, Mother Nature has a way of saying ' No bad humans'.

That and you have to depend on the heir-ie next Moron- to make good desicions and to be decent. That's too much and often there are advisors that are crooked.

And the last bit.

The Monarchy of Crystal tokyo could be just figure heads. They have no real power. They can't declare war or anything like that. In this aspect think of the British Royal family of the now. They are really figure heads and the parilment is what is really ruling.

I have my own theory as to how one can have a monarchy but still have a democray at the same time. However, this isn't the place for arguing government.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:45 pm
Rush_Hardroc
Rei Torano

And the last bit.

I have my own theory as to how one can have a monarchy but still have a democray at the same time. However, this isn't the place for arguing government.

Don't see how that's possible only unless it's between the second and third option.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:11 pm
Crystal Tokyo could function on a derivation of a constitutional monarchy wherein the monarchs function as a head of state and not just as figureheads. In this way, the monarchs would have powers similar to the power afforded to the American president. Essentially, the monarchs still rule and still have power, but they can't do whatever the hell they want because they are checked by the power of another, often legislative, body.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:00 pm
Rei Torano

I read 998 on most sites. 901/2 would make Usagi 90 when she had the kid. Unless they practiced abstinence for 50 years after being married, which I doubt with how passionate those two were, that's not a reasonable age, unless it's a plothole that Naoko didn't fix/catch sweatdrop  

Syndrama

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:22 am
~Alechsa~
Rei Torano

I read 998 on most sites. 901/2 would make Usagi 90 when she had the kid. Unless they practiced abstinence for 50 years after being married, which I doubt with how passionate those two were, that's not a reasonable age, unless it's a plothole that Naoko didn't fix/catch sweatdrop

She could have been on birth control. Maybe they just wanted lots of... "them time" before having a child to deal with. sweatdrop  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff