Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
But, but-- I don't wanna be a poser! -whine- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MaxstertheBard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:54 pm
I'm kind of ticked at stereotypes right now, so bare with me...
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REALLY BEING EMO, OR PREP, OR ANY OTHER GENERIC STEREOTYPE!
You can act 'emo', you can feel emotional about things, you can wear black as a statement for both fassion and life, but that's a choice, that's all. So people tend to feel the same way about certain things. So people tend to dislike certain things and agree about it. I'm on the football team. Am I a jock or prep? Heck no. A) Because I fit none of the stereotypical alignments save I have a lot of friends and I play sports and B) PREPS DON'T EXIST! So what if some girl wears a lot of make up to look better or someone wears makeup to look different and stand out. It's a choice, not a sect.
And the point of being Emo in the first place was so that you would be ABOVE the stereotypes. To stand out. Emo has fallen in on itself and defeated the purpose.
Stereotypes create walls around peoples mind so that we can expel people we 1) don't like and 2) can be in a comfort zone.
I can't be stereotyped as anything, Punk, Emo, Jock, Nerd, whatever. Why? Cause I'm a person! I love Star Wars, I love Emo and Punk rock, I play sports, and I write songs. Right there, I've broken down several major boundries.
So, dude, your not a poser. You like the 'emo' look, which can only now be considered a look, and you like the music, which is now only emotional music, you like the people who call themselves emos becasue they're friendly people. Who gives what people call you. 'To be yourself, is all that you can do.' (Sorry, too hard to resist...)
So, if I can survive getting out of this forum alive, thank you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:08 pm
MaxstertheBard
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REALLY BEING EMO, OR PREP, OR ANY OTHER GENERIC STEREOTYPE!
You can act 'emo', you can feel emotional about things, you can wear black as a statement for both fassion and life, but that's a choice, that's all. So people tend to feel the same way about certain things. So people tend to dislike certain things and agree about it. I'm on the football team. Am I a jock or prep? Heck no. A) Because I fit none of the stereotypical alignments save I have a lot of friends and I play sports and B) PREPS DON'T EXIST! So what if some girl wears a lot of make up to look better or someone wears makeup to look different and stand out. It's a choice, not a sect.
And the point of being Emo in the first place was so that you would be ABOVE the stereotypes. To stand out. Emo has fallen in on itself and defeated the purpose.
Stereotypes create walls around peoples mind so that we can expel people we 1) don't like and 2) can be in a comfort zone.
I can't be stereotyped as anything, Punk, Emo, Jock, Nerd, whatever. Why? Cause I'm a person! I love Star Wars, I love Emo and Punk rock, I play sports, and I write songs. Right there, I've broken down several major boundries.
So, dude, your not a poser. You like the 'emo' look, which can only now be considered a look, and you like the music, which is now only emotional music, you like the people who call themselves emos becasue they're friendly people. Who gives what people call you. 'To be yourself, is all that you can do.' (Sorry, too hard to resist...)
-hug-  

[[blunt.object]]

MaxstertheBard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:10 pm
Thanks!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:27 pm
I get called a poser all the time.. but thats only b.c my mom keeps on throwing out my stuff and buying me all britly coloured girly girl stuff.. i get soo pissed off.. I just wanna kill her... but I have to live with it.. so I've been hiding my clothes from her =]  

God Called in Sick

xXxPansyxXx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:47 pm
iero_iz_mi_hero
xXxPansyxXx
emo people arent depressed, they can be, but they can also be happy, people arent made of just one emotion, they are made of many...
the ones i know r acually very hyper and loud lol and very talkative and sweet.

yes, same here, emo's seem to be very very happy people..... stupid stereotypes...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:50 pm
[[blunt.object]]
MaxstertheBard
-hug-

more hugs for you, it was great...  

xXxPansyxXx

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games