Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
dont you hate it when stuff you like becomes mainstreem Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do u
yah let them do wat they want
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
no its annoying
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
peh
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 25

Vivafunkmistress

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:57 pm
i wore boho stuff before and people made fun of me. i wear it now and they still make fun of me.strange. ah well, i broke down and bought a boho shirt from kohls and really like it...im NOOO trendy.. stare . my my my i hope this style goes out soon so i wont be trendy... sweatdrop has anyone else "broke down"?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
I have absolutely no clue what is in style now, nor do I care. I've never been aware of fads, if I decide to go glam one day and punk (real punk, not hot topic poseurs) the next, it's because I either feel like it or I have no other outfits clean. Heck, I still wear my frock coat and tailcoat w/top hat in public, often paired with jeans from my grunge days and either my Docs or Birkies, weather dependent. I've been known to start fads, back when I was in school... I wasn't terribly popular, but I must've been doing something because the people around me would suddenly become my carbon copies, almost as if I was giving off a fashion-radiation. It was funny when they all started to buy trenchcoats, which is a trademark style of mine, none of them could really pull it off. xd  

Vetis

Mr.meago

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:21 pm
~Halle~Heydrich~
gonk Yeah. Luckily for me, people in my school are too caught up with rap to do that with my beloved Beatles. I think I'd die if they did, though. crying I wear Beatles shirts because I love the Beatles, and if I saw people wearing them too just because they think it's cool, I'd have to write a long, long rant. Then find some way to put it over morning announcements. xd

Sadly though, I think they're doing that with Led Zeppelin. crying !! I lurve Led Zeppelin.
I love the beatles too , but when people try to wear shirts that they have no idea who they are. it makes me mad as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:24 pm
it is annoying  

Mr.meago

Oktapous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:48 am
treegirl738
i wore boho stuff before and people made fun of me. i wear it now and they still make fun of me.strange. ah well, i broke down and bought a boho shirt from kohls and really like it...im NOOO trendy.. stare . my my my i hope this style goes out soon so i wont be trendy... sweatdrop has anyone else "broke down"?

I have crying ...I bought a very cute hippie dress at Target (it has this cool brown paisley print and cool wooden beads on the straps) for $14.99. Luckily, it's quite baggy and I know none of the girls at my school would wear it. It's not slutty enough. wink

It's just that dresses like it are usually either expensive or have a strange smell to them (I know from experience from a Value Village dress that I just can't get the smell out of! Arrrgh.) >.<;  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:38 pm
eh. ive decided to just let them wear what they want. i was overeacting. it can get annoying but its alright let em wear what they want. but it tis annoying neutral *thinking to self make up your mind!*  

Vivafunkmistress

grapeseed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:00 pm
Dookie IS a good album. But whatever - to each their own - I get to see Greenday LIVE in September, so I'm excited.

I'm also going to see Bob Dylan later this month ... I looove Bob Dylan - so exciting.

But as for what people wear ... who cares ? Wear what's clean and smells good, and you won't have any troubles with me biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:39 pm
Well, I'm 13, thank you very much and its annoying when people tell me I can't listen to certain music because of my age. I wore an AC/DC shirt to the mall (I love them X3) and a guy i didnt even know walked up to me and said "you're too young to listen to that." I told him to screw off, because its really none of his buisness.. however
I hate when people wear band logos just for show. my ex friend, shanelle, constantly wore rolling stones, KISS, and other tshirts. I asked her if she liked them and she was like "no, i just think the shirt looks cool". I'm all for wearing what you want, but thats just horrible, in my eyes. neutral
Boho just for the sake of being trendy and like Ashley Olsen or whoever it is dresses like that now is just sad. >O> Nothing's original anymore!

And this one girl wore a beatles shirt, and i asked if she liked them, and she said "who are the beatles?" gonk Thats SAD!  

TL-chan

Sand Opal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:34 am
history repeats its self, sadly. i think all the retro stuff is cool, but its sad that people dont have the right apreciation for it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:43 pm
~Halle~Heydrich~
gonk Yeah. Luckily for me, people in my school are too caught up with rap to do that with my beloved Beatles. I think I'd die if they did, though. crying I wear Beatles shirts because I love the Beatles, and if I saw people wearing them too just because they think it's cool, I'd have to write a long, long rant. Then find some way to put it over morning announcements. xd

Sadly though, I think they're doing that with Led Zeppelin. crying !! I lurve Led Zeppelin.
My school is the same way. They're too caught up in the 'preppy' and 'ganster' stuff to even pay attention to the rockers/hippies/rednecks/others or mixed.  

mind-power

Swiss

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:55 pm
With all honesty, stuff that I like becoming mainstream has never really bothered me. Posers pretending they know more than they really do can get a bit annoying, but whatever.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:52 am
Yeah, I mean, there are a small group of people who are original hippies, and the rest are just cheap half-strength imitations, because hippie is becoming the new 'in'.

Foe example, there is this new chick at my school, and she is wearing The Who and Led Zeppelin and the Sex Pistols shirts, and she knows nothing about the bands, and doesn't listen to them. That annoys me so much... grrrrrrrr...

Plus it means my stuff isn't really that awesome any more because everyone else is wearing hippie clothes, and they have even more crazy stuff than me and they aren't actual hippies and... sad

I guess they'll get over it eventually when some other stupid trend comes in.  

Lidaby

brittany_3_9_8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:13 pm
yes, if only people would embrace the values and thoughts of the group they try to immitate. ive noticed that at my school, the hippy trend only hit us ligtly, so that hippy-posing guys dont really exist, and all the girls wont really wear them because they arent skimpy enough.

theres a dude at my school who lookes like bob marley, dreads and all, but its not a fashion for him, just who he is.
theres a few dudes who dress bohemian, but they act the part too, so it doesnt bother me.
theres this one girl who dresses like she just left her drum circle every single day, but it makes me happy because shes perfect. in fact, if i werent in love with the guy of my dreams, and also terrified to come out of the closet about my bisexuality, id probably ask her out. shes all about flowers and her little peace sign neclace and spreading love and tolerance, and shes the perfect representation of who she dresses like. the only thing about her that bugs me is that she is pretty much a one-sided person, and it appears that theres nothing more to her than being a hippy

its really lucky for me that hippy isnt in style here.

i pretty much just dress how i want. in my closet, ive got shawls, scarves, belly-dancer skirts [im trying to learn], an old african wrap-around, several ankle-length peasant skirts, striped tanks, off-the-shoulder-strapped shirts, harley davidson tees, and lllloootttsss of bell-bottomed streth pants [my favorite ever!]. (im gonna go on ebay and see if i can find some Sublime, Dresden Dolls, Beatles, and Motion City Soundtrack shirts.) alot of things have been in before, and half my stuff comes from mass-producing clothing stores. however, thats just my old clothes. all my new things i got for school clothing shopping: my mom gave me fifty bucks and we went to all the thrift shops, and i found some of the coolest things id ever seen. she gave my sister three hundred and fifty dollars to spend at abercrombie and guess and AE!!!!!! its such a waste and rip-off. i dont see why people dont have the common sence not to blow all their money there. all the things that i got mass-produced have all also been altered too.

i bought a sharpie marker, and put it too all my unoriginal clothes. one of my jeans has a bunch of peace signs and hearts and an american flag and a rainbow and other symbols of myself. all of my shorts are patterned with stripes and i plan to completely cover a clean pair of pants in a huge sharpie design that will resemble a henna tatoo, and it will be my masterpeice. ive made a few of my clothes too.

unfortunately, im terrified to wear any of the clothes i love and have made my own, because i would die if i found them being sold by the dozens at khols or abercrombie! the other day, i was wearing my most prized sharpie-covered jeans, and a girl from yearbook committee just came up to me and took a picture of my pants and walked away before i even realised what had happened! isnt that illegal or something?!!!!! it was like someone just walked up and raped me and ran off! ill be soo pissed if that picture ends up in the yearbook under 'trends'... 'outcasts' or 'ugly' or 'never in style' would make me proud, but not a guideline for next years fashon!! im in constant fear of being reproduced.

the only trend i would love to see is if everyone started dressing from 1915 or before that. i just love a guy with rolled up long sleeved, button up shirt, and suspenders on his pants. and girls in that old-style dress...
it would be awesome.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:15 pm
and how does everyone afford all those concert tickets???? id love to go see a decent band in concert, if it didnt cost me hundreds of dollars!

seriously, how do you all afford that?  

brittany_3_9_8

_-iamoftheuniverse-_

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:55 am
Most of my friends just roll their eyes and say SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!I don't care, it's their depression.Every one is into preppy rock bands, and rap.  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff