Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Who read the book long before they showed the movie trailer? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eccentrica

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:27 am
eek I feel so old in this forum...

I read the books TEN years ago when I was 16. The movie was about a 6 out of 10 on the disappointment scale (1 being "wow they did a great job", 10 being "What a complete smeg-up that was.")

I nearly weeped with joy when I saw the preview. Yes, I'm a freak.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:06 am
My friend lent the book to me.

A few weeks later, I bought 'i, Robot' and saw the trailer.

When I asked her about it, she said she had no idea that it was going to be a movie.

Verax

HotSoupBurns

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:49 am
I started the book long before the movie but it was taken back by my friend. I didn't get to pick it back up until about 3 months before the movie, and am now addicted to it, and have read it twice. Need the cash to buy the second one lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:39 pm
I read the 5 books back to back to back to back to back from I think september to october 2003. They were the First books I read in sixth grade. I'm currently rereading them (i'm on mostly harmless already)
i saw that the movie was in production sometime last year.
I think that they did a good job with it. it doesn't have to be exactly the same, becase it was never the same from edition to edition.
I thought production was taking forever, but, after reading the salmon of doubt, I have a clearer understanding of the word "forever"  

Jupiter-X

Jesse_Yuywell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:29 am
I read the books a few years ago, and have even read a couple of the non-Guide series. I think the movie was pretty darn good, considering the fact that he wrote so much of it before he died...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:12 am
I started reading the books about six years ago...I've read all the "Hitchhiker's Guide" books (including The Salmon of Doubt, even though I'm not entirely sure it quite qualifies as a "Hitchhiker's" book). I've read The Restaurant at the End of the Universe so many times that my copy is completely falling apart.

I never got into any of Adam's other books though. (The Dirk Gently ones.) I'm not sure why.  

Beka_Valentine

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:08 pm
I read the first two books when I was quite young, younger than twelve, perhaps even just ten. I'm fourteen now. At any rate, long enough ago that I got dragged to cutesy reading-is-FUNdemental literacy-rocks free book things. Three free books per kid, thanks to the company my dad works for. I remember I was reading like there's no tomorrow (ha ha) during the puppet show. I had no idea what Eccentrica Gallumbits was back then, except perhaps often uncomfortable while running.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:38 am
i read the book exactly a day before the trailer was released biggrin  

The Sexiest Se...KURU!

eccentrica

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:52 pm
Gyakuten no Megami
I had no idea what Eccentrica Gallumbits was back then, except perhaps often uncomfortable while running.

If I thought I could petition Gaia to give my av a third breast, I would.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:35 am
Read the books, listened to the Radio-show, his biographies, and am working on Long Dark Teatime for the Soul right now. Only I forgot it at my bro's apartment.  

_Card

I Feel Toast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:14 pm
Hmm, I think I read it a few months before they started showing any movie trailors.

It was because in GD I saw someone's saig said, "Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it." So I Googled that to see what it was from, and...Yeah.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:24 pm
I read the first one around two years ago. At the time I didn't even know there were more until a friend of mine told me. I had never actually heard of the movie/trailer until the same friend got back from vacation and told me she saw the movie while she was in New York. I never got to see it (I feel so denied crying ), so I have obviously read the books before watching the movie.  

Nephthys Assyria

Appoggiatura

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:25 am
I actually read and finished the first book the day the movie came out. I didn't realize there was a movie though, because I'm oblivious to things like that. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:46 am
i read the book almost 5 years ago. then again about a year later and then when i saw the trailer i decided to read it again for old times sake. good stuff.  

Tokagima

Cooldude2356

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:42 pm
i read the book about 6 months before the movie came out. i didnt even know they were making a movie about it until i saw the TV trailers (by the way, the movie didnt do the book justice)  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games