Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
A new Question! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Major General] Andrews

Distinct Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:08 am
cold_blooded_chick
I don't even know spheres can be inversed... neutral

A bunch of my physics' friends were explaining it to me, but it did not sink in... something very complicated though xd mind boggling stressed  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:44 am
AznAlex
Darkaznstargoddess
AznAlex
Hmm... Lets try this "Sec Bao Fan, Mo Sec Yeh."

Another phrase in chinese.

~Hint: Cantonese dialect. (i'll alternate between cantonese and mandering since i know both and this way people that know manderine and people that know cantonese can both have a shot at it.)

Eat rice until you are full. No eat anything.

Actually its "Eat rice till your full and have nothing to do". Well thats the literal meaning, but its also a idiom. It means you have nothing better to do and what your doing is a waste of time. Usually used in insulting someone.

i think u might be a bit wrong i've neva heard of it b4 there is one with that meaning! but sec bao fan, mo sec yeh or wateva u said is realli just eat til full , didn't eat anything. are u sure that is supposed to be spelt that way~ I've been learning chinese all my life but neva came across something like that...not evan my mum's heard of it!

tamandrew: can't answer ur question....dun do physics and still a junior or freshman i think in USA  

shinelover

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:09 pm
shinelover
AznAlex
Darkaznstargoddess
AznAlex

~Hint: Cantonese dialect. (i'll alternate between cantonese and mandering since i know both and this way people that know manderine and people that know cantonese can both have a shot at it.)

Actually its "Eat rice till your full and have nothing to do". Well thats the literal meaning, but its also a idiom. It means you have nothing better to do and what your doing is a waste of time. Usually used in insulting someone.

i think u might be a bit wrong i've neva heard of it b4 there is one with that meaning! but sec bao fan, mo sec yeh or wateva u said is realli just eat til full , didn't eat anything. are u sure that is supposed to be spelt that way~ I've been learning chinese all my life but neva came across something like that...not evan my mum's heard of it!

tamandrew: can't answer ur question....dun do physics and still a junior or freshman i think in USA

hmm... no i think there is one cause i've heard my mom use it all the time but not in canto. maybe it is spelt wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:32 pm
Um...actually... "Tu Bao Zi" means to spit meat buns. The proper pingying is "Du Bao Zhi", which means to read newspaper.  

Nyanfood

Sparkly Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:47 pm
yalie5
shinelover
AznAlex
Darkaznstargoddess
AznAlex

hmm... no i think there is one cause i've heard my mom use it all the time but not in canto. maybe it is spelt wrong.
My parents and relitives have never said that before. I think you've might have it wrong.
Nothng to do wrong="Mo yeh juw" in Cantonese.
Mo sec yeh(Don't eat) is what my relitives always say about me. 0-0; They even say that in some chinese dramas.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:22 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
shinelover
AznAlex
Darkaznstargoddess
AznAlex

My parents and relitives have never said that before. I think you've might have it wrong.
Mo sec yeh(Don't eat) is what my relitives always say about me. 0-0; They even say that in some chinese dramas.

Oh yeh, your right. I mixed up my chinese. Its "Sec bo fan, mo yeh juw".

Sorry bout that. sad

Anyways now another one (a dead giveaway, even white people know it, but hey i'm keeping the thread alive.) : "Gong Shi Fa Chai"  

AznAlex

yalie5

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:01 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
shinelover
AznAlex
Darkaznstargoddess
AznAlex

oh yeah... lol. i'm such a dunce sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:25 am
Riyoku Sakimori
Um...actually... "Tu Bao Zi" means to spit meat buns. The proper pingying is "Du Bao Zhi", which means to read newspaper.
Wha?!?!?!  

cold_blooded_chick

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:12 pm
AznAlex
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
shinelover
AznAlex
Darkaznstargoddess
AznAlex

Sorry bout that. sad

Anyways now another one (a dead giveaway, even white people know it, but hey i'm keeping the thread alive.) : "Gong Shi Fa Chai"
er... come again? is that some way to say happy new year?  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:55 pm
It is a greeting for Chinese new year, but literally it means "May you be..umm..well..rich" xp  

Retarded Mango

shinelover

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:17 am
AznAlex
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
shinelover
AznAlex
Darkaznstargoddess
AznAlex

Sorry bout that. sad

it's like welcome riches....a way to greet the new yr....something like that sorry i understand it but i'm realli bad at explaining.......

i'll think of a question to ask later~~ does anyone mind if i type it in chinese??? well canto?  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:32 pm
I don't like pinyin, especially when it's like canto and mado mixed... stare  

cold_blooded_chick

KawaiiMistress17

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:48 pm
Riyoku Sakimori

Actually the literal translation does mean to spit meat buns, but in reality, "tu bao zi" means someone who is usually from the countryside that does not know the ways and culture of the city life, and therefore does not fit in.

Spit meat buns..that's good XD  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:37 am
cold_blooded_chick
I don't like pinyin, especially when it's like canto and mado mixed... stare

same.....i dun mind pin ying when it's ONLY canto or ONLY mando...but it gets realli confusing with both~~  

shinelover

shinelover

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:48 am
anyone got a new question??  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items