Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Newbies-Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

Oukow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:55 pm
Spastic waffles
Tak-Jak
Hiya Oukow!

you know..
you are the age at which I started writing..

wow..
I feel old and young at the same time..
weird..

xp

heart ~Remy
yeah.

I'm 16.

However, I only started wrting last year.

ooh....  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:49 pm
'ello! I'm Evil_Excel but you can just call me Excel for short.
I'm 17 years old and am currently unemployed but looking like a mad woman...-.- I am also a Senior in High school.

I write poetry and short stories. I also write songs but their pretty rubbish. I just got into short stories but I especially like coming up with longer stories, plots, twists, characters, etc..The problem is I never get around to finishing them because i'm so lazy. I've dabbled a bit in script writing but again most of it is rubbish and so I don't even think too much about it.

1/2 my writing just sort of comes out of me. I wouldn't say i'm creative just inventive. I like to twist, prode, and tear apart concepts then reconstruct them in a way that makes sense to me. The other 1/2 comes from being inspired by movies i've seen, books I've read, or arguments i've heard. I try not to copy plots or anything. I mostly look at the style, tone, setting, and character motivations. Sometimes I do take a bit of their main ideas such as morals or lessons or subjects but like I said I like to twist them in a way that's inhuman. 3nodding I really like imagery but I'm rubbish at trying to be symbolic or something so I end having a good laugh when someone reads some of my stuff that didn't have real meaning in it and thinking it means somthing. But then again I get really let down when I try symbolism and it doesn't work or people just take it at face value, refusing to open their minds to what it could mean. But I guess it's hard to find readers now a days who are not looking for something hidden but just see it. Most people are just looking too hard or not hard enough. I admit to being like this sometimes.

The person I admire would have to be John Lennon. Not exactly because of what he writes more because he has the balls to be free and loose with his writing. And I try not to be so uptight but trying to be loose is terribly hard. lol  

Evil_Excel

1,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

shazzer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:13 pm
I am Shazzer. From what I've already read, I'm very, very old, and holy crap I have a nametwin.

My name is Kristine. I am the only bohemian hippie CompSci major you will ever meet. I am also probably the only glockenspiel player you will ever meet (I actually play a myriad of instruments, six and counting, but the glock is what gets most people's attention). I am a music nerd, language nerd, anime nerd, writing nerd, computer nerd, and video game nerd all rolled into one. I am ubernerd.

I have a tedious day job, but I also get paid for performances of the musical variety.

I write all sorts of things, though right now... I feel like a good, irreverent first-person satire short story would suit me nicely.

Off to scribble. ~<3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:56 am
Hello! I'm Elf of the Shadows! You guys can call me Elf for short. I love writing! Typing too for that matter! I like to write all kinds of literature, but biographys...no. I really enjoy writing fantasy and am writing a book. Let's see how far that gets! I'm very happpy to be here and am looking forward to everything here!  

Elf of the Shadows

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:52 am
-ginourmo-glomps all-

Welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:25 am
Hello, You can call me Salome. I am a college student, studying Law. I love writing and have been writing stories since I was 7. I have written at least three books but need to get more motivated to send them to an editor and a publisher. That's my real problem procastination and motivation.

Not sure what catagory my writing falls in some short stories, a bit of scifi, but I really like to write normal everyday people. Not really true life cause I make it up but...Normal everyday things people go through.

I do work too, so I'm not alway on gaia but when I'm home I am. Maybe to much. biggrin  

Salomelove

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:59 am
*flying cling style glomp*

Welcome peoples!

heart ~Remy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:12 pm
Look around, melt the snow...

Wow. I feel belittled o_o Ahm, I'm Keriea, but you can call me Kat, Katrina, K, Kate, CauliFlower, Pentagon, Ina, In, Ker, Keri, Riea, Katriciano, or whatever you can think of!

I am 13 years old, I like writing poetry and quotes. I enjoy playing on my computer and sketching, and I'm a very tardy student. I do well in school, except Geography dares to befuddle me *shakes fist in the air*. Ah--I get hyper sometimes, but sometimes I can be very mature. My voice changes to an adult voice when I answer the phone/talk to a stranger =O

..of hardships dealt, Let them go

Nekairu

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:23 pm
Welcome!
*clingyglomp*

and hey.. I do the adult voice too.
Everyone says I sound like my mom
xd
I hate it.

and and and
watch your back.
Im insane.

and Love everyone!
unless you dont love me.
then i go off and sit in a corner and cry..
stare

heart ~Remy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:19 pm
This is so cool! whee *hugs everybody*  

Oukow

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:40 pm
Keriea
Look around, melt the snow...

Wow. I feel belittled o_o Ahm, I'm Keriea, but you can call me Kat, Katrina, K, Kate, CauliFlower, Pentagon, Ina, In, Ker, Keri, Riea, Katriciano, or whatever you can think of!

I am 13 years old, I like writing poetry and quotes. I enjoy playing on my computer and sketching, and I'm a very tardy student. I do well in school, except Geography dares to befuddle me *shakes fist in the air*. Ah--I get hyper sometimes, but sometimes I can be very mature. My voice changes to an adult voice when I answer the phone/talk to a stranger =O

..of hardships dealt, Let them go
heart

Why do you feel belittled?

Anyway, welcome @you and salome!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:43 pm
i r guild mule.

XDD

Sorry. I know I shouldn't do that.

But yes, as was said, this is the guild mule. I'm hoping to get the avi glitch fixed eventually.

TheLiterateNinja
Crew

Oukow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:50 pm
randocramps
i r guild mule.

XDD

Sorry. I know I shouldn't do that.

But yes, as was said, this is the guild mule. I'm hoping to get the avi glitch fixed eventually.

It's alive! gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:54 am
Username: Susan Salt

Did you read the rules? Um.. whatever rules I could find.

Will you follow the rules? Sure, why not?

What do you like to write (poetry, short stories, etc)? Well, this is a very interesting story. I took Creative Writing last year, and sort of towards the end of the year, I started writing my autobiography, more or less, but then the class ended and there was nobody to critique my writing anymore, so I went out looking for a casual forum of amateurs to fill in, because I can never take that creative writing class again as long as I live, sorry, that's the rules.

Writing sample (Any media)

Everyone here seems so friendlyand nice! heart
Of course, writers are liars for a living.  

Susan Salt

Susan Salt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:03 am
One more thing…
Do I need to know anything special about creating polls?

I created a practice poll as a new topic, if I can be forgiven.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff