Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Pluto not a Planet!!!????? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you believe this????
  NO!!!!!!!!
  Can't be!! *covering eyes and ears*
  You lie, LIE!!!
View Results

Syndrama

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:59 pm
You know... this will just kill that poem.

My
Very
Efficient
Mother
Just
Served
Us
Nine
Pizzas

How the hell are kids gonna rememebr the order now?

Mercury
Venus
Earth
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Pluto

No Pizza! We'll all starve! gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:11 pm
Hime_Tsuki
I think the last icon here says it all!

http://nikkiscarlet.livejournal.com/126020.html

Pluto ownes! Pluto Deadly Scream!!!! *boom* You got powned by a non-planet senshi! *laughs evilly*  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Shyao_Sorceress

Magnetic Reveler

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:34 pm
this is pure stupidity...

who are the IAU to say what is a planet and what is not?? i mean they can't take that away from us when we all learned all our lives that there are 9 planets in the solar systems, then out of the blue, they changed it declaring that there are only 8. i mean come on, there are children who just learned solar system when the IAU change is so suddenly it will confuse the kids. seriously! this is just...pure stupidty. they cant just declare that just because dont think its a planet anymore. seriously.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:21 pm
Bah pluto's still a planet but it's classified as a Dwarf planet. <--see the word 'planet' is still there.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Bah, people are dumb. Dont let it bother you. Its still a planet.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:52 am
Screw the IAU.

What next? Are they going to dismiss the Gas Planets because they aren't solid enough?

Silversan

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Shyao_Sorceress

Magnetic Reveler

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:34 pm
Silversan
Screw the IAU.

What next? Are they going to dismiss the Gas Planets because they aren't solid enough?

lol i good point.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:37 pm
~Alechsa~
You know... this will just kill that poem.

My
Very
Efficient
Mother
Just
Served
Us
Nine
Pizzas

How the hell are kids gonna rememebr the order now?

Mercury
Venus
Earth
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Pluto

No Pizza! We'll all starve! gonk

lol!!! that's just so hilarious!  

Shyao_Sorceress

Magnetic Reveler

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:16 pm
Silversan
Screw the IAU.

Yeah, next we'll be calling the gas planets "posible pre-stars" or something. People in those powerful scientific positions tend to make stuff up, kinda like global warming being peoples faults. Blaming it on CO2 when CO2 isnt even 17 percent of the green house gases. Water vapor the largest component to them and guess what?! These damned kooks call for hydrogen cars. Pretty soon we'll have no deserts. The entire planet may soon turn into a damned jungle from all of the raising water levels, planetary heating, drowning crops and abnormal ammounts of breaking levies. Damn, I just noticed how screwed we are. We really are gonna screw everything up. We wont end up like venus, it will be much worse, massive beasts that evolved to fit the new climatary(sp?) changes start eating every human on earth.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:53 pm
poor pluto. i wonder what would of happened if they desisded this when sailo moon was still being made eek  

Ouja Akuma

Wealthy Genius

Princess Harmonia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:53 pm
I feel bad for Pluto, but in happier news, there have been heated discussions on adding more heavenly bodies onto the "candidate planets" list, or the objects that may be considered planets such as Ceres, Pallas, Vesta, and Sedna. However if everything they were considering candidate planets were to pass, there would be about 24 planets in our system burning_eyes

Why do they have to change what we were taught? This totally screws up everything! stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:59 pm
Pluto has a MOON!! How can you call something with a MOON a "non-planet". I don't get it. Pluto revolves around the sun, and has a moon that revolves around it. I think scientists are just discriminating against tiny planets!!

VIVA LA PLUTO!!!  

Lucy Stavers

Princess Harmonia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:09 pm
Lucy Stavers
Pluto has a MOON!! How can you call something with a MOON a "non-planet". I don't get it. Pluto revolves around the sun, and has a moon that revolves around it. I think scientists are just discriminating against tiny planets!!

VIVA LA PLUTO!!!

They ARE discriminating against small "dwarf" planets. That's what's keeping Ceres and Sedna from being totally official. I still feel bad about Pluto being bumped off the list. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:50 pm
it's bullshit! Pluto was discovered as a planet, it should remain known as a planet. seriously, it ******** up science classes nation wide.  

RAPTOR948

Ouja Akuma

Wealthy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:05 pm
now all the science books have to be re-done and thats just crap. waist of papaer, i just say they should leave pluto a planet and never change its historic name. its not like we have been on pluto, but who knows, he could be bigger then waht it says, it could be warm. dont judge something that you havnt been to yet.

((i wish that i was talking to the scientists right now so that they would get the picture. sweatdrop ))  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff