Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tekken Force

Back to Guilds

Tags: Tekken, Fighting, Video Games, Namco, Playstation 

Reply The Tekken Force
Are there any real SERIOUS tekken pplayers here? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shin Oni

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:07 pm
I dunno how I missed this thread..

anyway, i'm prolly more serious than half of the people who talk Tekken on this site. I still have yet to face Ice seeing everytime he's down in MD either I can't make it or i'm not around. I go against decent enough competition to say I can hold me own. I get people telling me my Kaz and Lee are good (though lately i've been hearing my Lee's better than Kaz. but I can't really resist EWGF oppertunities...especially if I prefer it over my u/f+4 Lee)

still have yet to enter a tournament. Mainly cause I either miss it or no money to even enter (and most tournaments around here seem to do the p2p rather than pay the entry fee and the rest is free.) The only tournament I entered was at my college...and there were just scrubs who weren't really tekken players (and the dude I went against in the finals was some Steve player who sucked...just spammed random stuff.) not really anything to brag about...seeing the main guy I wanted to fight came AFTER the damn tournament.

Once again, prolly more serious the half...if not 3/4ths of the people on this site. I may not act like it but I am. i'm slowly learning up on frame data. i'm no genius on it but I guess knowing the framerate and seeing the actual speed is good enough for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:20 pm
Shin Oni

anyway, i'm prolly more serious than half of the people who talk Tekken on this site. I still have yet to face Ice seeing everytime he's down in MD either I can't make it or i'm not around. I go against decent enough competition to say I can hold me own. I get people telling me my Kaz and Lee are good (though lately i've been hearing my Lee's better than Kaz. but I can't really resist EWGF oppertunities...especially if I prefer it over my u/f+4 Lee)

still have yet to enter a tournament. Mainly cause I either miss it or no money to even enter (and most tournaments around here seem to do the p2p rather than pay the entry fee and the rest is free.) The only tournament I entered was at my college...and there were just scrubs who weren't really tekken players (and the dude I went against in the finals was some Steve player who sucked...just spammed random stuff.) not really anything to brag about...seeing the main guy I wanted to fight came AFTER the damn tournament.

Once again, prolly more serious the half...if not 3/4ths of the people on this site. I may not act like it but I am. i'm slowly learning up on frame data. i'm no genius on it but I guess knowing the framerate and seeing the actual speed is good enough for me.

It seems like you and I share a common problem. We both seek competition. We both have yet to enter a major tournament and we can't seem to find a worthy opponent.

People tell me my Jin and Jaw are the best they ever faced ( probably because they suck so bad you have to remind them how to block). But at the college I'm at, no one can see me in Tekken. There was one guy they claimed to be the Tekken Champ, but that soon changed when I defeat his pathetic Hwoarang.

Maybe you and I should have a bout, just to see who's better. Also, anyone know how I can learn more about frame data?  

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100

Icege

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:43 pm
If you truly seek competition, then you'll go out of your way to travel to a big tournament.

Start saving now! Final Round X in March!! GOOOOO!!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:31 pm
Indigo_Blue
Shin Oni

It seems like you and I share a common problem. We both seek competition. We both have yet to enter a major tournament and we can't seem to find a worthy opponent.

People tell me my Jin and Jaw are the best they ever faced ( probably because they suck so bad you have to remind them how to block). But at the college I'm at, no one can see me in Tekken. There was one guy they claimed to be the Tekken Champ, but that soon changed when I defeat his pathetic Hwoarang.

Maybe you and I should have a bout, just to see who's better. Also, anyone know how I can learn more about frame data?

well lately competition's not much of a problem. mainly cause I found where most of the MD and Northern VA players play. my big problem right now is having any money left for me to get to wherever and have money leftover to spend playing.

i'm up for any competition. I usually get into playing more in the cades when I see good competition/scrubs/newbs/noob/whoever playing. just to see how good they are, how well I stack up against their skill and character,etc.

I haven't been at the arcade in a few weeks though since i've been working.  

Shin Oni

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:34 pm
Icege
If you truly seek competition, then you'll go out of your way to travel to a big tournament.

That's true, but I have other more important things to do.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:19 pm
Indigo_Blue
Icege

Sounds like you're looking to cop out already.

It's one weekend 3 months from now. Surely you don't have your schedule booked that far in advance.

I'm pulling two jobs, taking classes, paying bills, going out, hanging out, working out, etc etc and I can still work some time out to get there. Especially since I haven't seen a lot of good friends since last year's FRX. Keeping in touch via phone is one thing, taking some time off to go meet back up is another.  

Icege

Tekkensennin
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:14 am
sorry for the offtopic post,but that typo in the thread title has been bothering me for a long time "pplayers" PLEASE correct it crying  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:34 pm
Icege
Indigo_Blue
Icege

It's one weekend 3 months from now. Surely you don't have your schedule booked that far in advance.

Take a step into my world and find out for yourself.  

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100

Icege

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:13 pm
Indigo_Blue
Icege
Indigo_Blue
Icege

If you're going to tell me you've got every weekend in March booked up tight, you're a liar. A God damn liar I say! Unless you're in/going into the military.

Even if that's the case, it'll be a lot easier for you to travel biggrin

Again, I'm pulling two jobs (60+hr weeks) along with classes. Well, not now. Just the 60 hour weeks. Semester is over, but during that time I'll be in the Spring semester. Plus all those other nifty bills I'm paying are happening. I can still budget my time and money well enough to get me a solid weekend off.

You can do it too I bet. Just depends on how motivated you are to get out there and make that money.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:42 pm
Icege
Indigo_Blue
Icege
Indigo_Blue
Icege

If you're going to tell me you've got every weekend in March booked up tight, you're a liar. A God damn liar I say! Unless you're in/going into the military.

Even if that's the case, it'll be a lot easier for you to travel biggrin

Again, I'm pulling two jobs (60+hr weeks) along with classes. Well, not now. Just the 60 hour weeks. Semester is over, but during that time I'll be in the Spring semester. Plus all those other nifty bills I'm paying are happening. I can still budget my time and money well enough to get me a solid weekend off.

You can do it too I bet. Just depends on how motivated you are to get out there and make that money.

I'm just saying, I don't think I'm into video games enough to travel. I'm thinking about giving it a shot.  

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100

Icege

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:46 pm
Don't think about it as just going for the games. The games are icing on the cake. You're going to Atlanta and meeting mad people. Plus, those Georgia Peaches are mmm mmm good. Not all of us sit there playing games all night. A lot of us hit the town up afterwards.

It's well worth the trip. Sweet tea, Tekken, grits, and girls.

Btw, dirty south is home to the big bois. They'll be stankin, so bring extra air freshener so the odor doesn't sink into your clothes for when you go out.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:32 pm
Icege
Don't think about it as just going for the games. The games are icing on the cake. You're going to Atlanta and meeting mad people. Plus, those Georgia Peaches are mmm mmm good. Not all of us sit there playing games all night. A lot of us hit the town up afterwards.

It's well worth the trip. Sweet tea, Tekken, grits, and girls.

Btw, dirty south is home to the big bois. They'll be stankin, so bring extra air freshener so the odor doesn't sink into your clothes for when you go out.

Yeah, that sounds good. I'm already taken, so I can forget the women. ( That and Ms. Blue is sitting right behind me.....)  

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100

Pooky Girl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:40 am
I'm a serious player of tekken, mainly with King and Asuka. Its a pain finding other people who take Tekken seriously. crying All my friends are into Smash Bros (I like that game btw, but it don't have much technique), not to mention I live in a small country town in Australia. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:05 pm
Ah, big gaming phalic battle in my State...wonderful .___.;  

Action Bawstard

Taz06

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:58 am
To call me a serious Tekken player would be an understatement.

The Tekken Force

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff