Karate (Kyokushinkai) - Jin Kazama
Tae Kwon Do (Olympic ITF) - Hwoarang
Professional Wrestling (Lucha Libre) - King, Armor King
Muay Thai - Bruce Irvin
Tae Kwon Do (Moo-Duk Kwan) - Baek Doo-San
Chinese Kenpo (Quan Fa) - Feng Wei
Kenpo (Shaolin Kenpo Karate) - Lei Wulong
Drunken Kung Fu - Lei Wulong
Five Animal Kung Fu (Snake (She Quan), Dragon (Lung Quan), Panther (Ba Quan) Tiger (He Quan), Crane (Fujian Ba He Quan)) - Lei Wulong
Ninjutsu (Seishin-Teki Kyoyo and Taijutsu) - Raven
Jeet Kune Do - Lee Chaolan
Jeet Kune Do (Jun Fan) - Marshall Law, Forrest Law
Sambo (Military-Combat Sambo) - Sergei Dragunov

Xiaoyu - Hakke Sho
Bryan Fury - Kickboxing
Wang - Shin Irokugoken
Bruce - Muay Thai
Craig - Vale Tudo
Anna - Aikido
Nina - Aikido
King - Wrestling
Paul - Judo
Ganryu - Sumo
Julia Chang - Xing Yi based martial arts .
If you looked, I put most of those styles in a different list just a little bit below the one you just quoted (and I already put both King's Lucha Libre style and Bruce's Muay Thai style in the same list). Although Wang I was having trouble looking for. Only problem is that I lack the knowledge of that art.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:48 am
T5 Jin
MoonSoo
.....s-s-s-So can anyone help supply me with information with Xing Yi Kung Fu, then that would be great... yeah.

Xingyiquan is one of the three major internal Chinese martial arts—the other two being T'ai Chi Ch'üan and Baguazhang—and is characterised by aggressive, seemingly linear movements and explosive power.

They seem to be derived from the techniques of the spear wherein the body moves as a unit and created an explosive force

The style used by the evil Jet Li in the one... The good one used Baguazhang...
Although I just read the first sentence in wiki just before seeing your post, I thank you for giving the extra info (Jet Li is evil, not doing his own stunts. Go Tony Jaa!). Thank you for the info and I will credit you for your help.  

MoonSoo
Crew

Kou - Leifou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:52 pm
Me and my freind are now learning capoiera. It's pretty hard! Especially since we're both heavy.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:25 pm
I think Hwoarang's t'ai k'uon do should be labeled as World T'ai K'uon Do Federation, because the WTF is part of the Olympics.  

Sugihide

Pwn of Prophecy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:16 am
Kou - Leifou
Me and my freind are now learning capoiera. It's pretty hard! Especially since we're both heavy.

It'd be hard even if you weren't. You've gotta be one flexible dude to learn capoiera.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:26 am
MoonSoo
Varied Martial Arts depicted in Tekken
Vale Tudo - Craig Marduk
Based on: Mixed Martial Arts, Professional Wrestling
While Vale Tudo/Mixed Martial Arts can be generally any style the practicioner is comfortable with, a lot of Marduk's moves are over-the-top power moves and are based on Professional Wrestling as well (Power Bomb, , seeing that Professional Wrestling would usually never be depicted in a MMA match (for more info on Mixed Martial Arts and Vale Tudo, watch UFC and PRIDE Fighting Champions).

Powerbombs are actually used in MMA/NHB. Primarily as a counter to armbars and triangle holds.

Look up Quinton "Rampage" Jackson on YouTube.

Jackhammers, Rolling Reverse Power Bombs, Shinbreakers, Gorilla Presses, etc though are pro 'rasslin :/  

Icege

Shin Oni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:52 pm
I do remember readin somewhere that Bob's TKD is more modern day as you said (you know...used more in olympic based competition.) while Baek uses traditonal TKD used back then.

course...I think it was a Tekken FAQ on GameFAQs. i'll look for it sometime today.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:02 pm
Icege
Powerbombs are actually used in MMA/NHB. Primarily as a counter to armbars and triangle holds.

Look up Quinton "Rampage" Jackson on YouTube.
*types in and watches*
Oh wow. Well, thank you for the info Icy. I'll fix that and credit you right away.

Shin Oni
I do remember readin somewhere that Bob's TKD is more modern day as you said (you know...used more in olympic based competition.) while Baek uses traditonal TKD used back then.

course...I think it was a Tekken FAQ on GameFAQs. i'll look for it sometime today.
Traditional Tae Kwon Do is apart of Moo Duk Kwan. I know, since my father trained in Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do (the same exact do-jang and master that taught Chuck Norris!!) and after witnessing Baek in action, a lot of his moves are mostly Moo Duk Kwan (4, 4 is called the rising stretch kick in Moo Duk Kwan).

So yes, Bob, as you would like to call Hwoarang, is more modern and Olympic (Olympic ITF) while Baek is more traditional (Moo Duk Kwan).  

MoonSoo
Crew

Kou - Leifou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:24 pm
Pwn of Prophecy
Kou - Leifou

It'd be hard even if you weren't. You've gotta be one flexible dude to learn capoiera.
I am. I stretch everyday before I go to school. I can do a bridge, a split, all that.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:14 pm
Sugihide
I think Hwoarang's t'ai k'uon do should be labeled as World T'ai K'uon Do Federation, because the WTF is part of the Olympics.
So is ITF, and ITF is trained in Korea, not WTF.  

MoonSoo
Crew

MoonSoo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:59 am
Quick Note: Can anyone supply me with some info on Koppo-Ken?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:10 am
Note: Anna and Nina Williams both do 'Assassination Arts' which are a combination of Bone Martial Arts, and Aikido. They don't do just Aikido. However, Anna leans more toward Aikido (because she was closer to their mother, who was an Aikido master), and Nina leans more toward Bone Martial Arts.

As for learning martial arts, I would love to learn Wrestling (any type, but probably Lucha Libre or whatever...) or Torou-Ken.

P.S. As for the MoonSoo fanclub, I'm in!  

Violet Meira
Crew

8,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200

Sugihide

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:36 am
One question in here, since Nina and Anna can do aikido, can they reverse everybodies attacks question  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:35 am
I'd say Asuka is a better representation of traditional aikido while the Williams sisters appear moreso to do aikijitsu.  

Icege

Violet Meira
Crew

8,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:25 pm
All my information on Aiki Jujutsu comes from Virtua Fighter, and the only move of Nina or Anna's that resembles it (assuming that Aoi's Aiki Jujutsu is accurate, and I'm sure it is, because VF is good with fighting style-accuracy) is when they slap people. Maybe some of the kicks, but Aoi doesn't chain her kicks, except for the lift kicks.

And Asuka isn't a very good choice for that because Asuka does 'Kazama-ryu... whatever' which isn't a real fighting style.

And Sugihide, no, the Williams can't (as far as I know, but I'll check it later). King can reverse some attacks, though.  
The Tekken Force

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff