Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Homosexuality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hideaki-Sama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:51 pm
Ahhh...as a onetime Bi-sexual I feel like chatting this up.

Homosexuality is not always a choice and not always ingrained. Two examples: Two of my siblings were transexual (one died a few years ago), and they were both biological siblings before they were adopted. I was bi because the girls in my classes pissed me off and the guys I admired I admired almost too much if you catch my drift (sexual fantasy, so on and so on.)

But in the end I had a little paradigm shift and as a result I love the women. But I still think Pierce Brosnan is the hottest man alive.

So to the point.

Homosexuality is normal. It is no disorder, it is not wrong, it is not gross, it is not anything negative. For non-religious the fact it doesn't promote life isn't a real problem, the fact it's man-man or woman-woman doesn't break any rules either.

Aethiest that I am (actually unitarian universalist, I say to others that what they believe in is fine but I don't believe in anything), I am driven by feelings of great emotion and love. Love is driven by emotion and devoltion. Homosexuality is as well. If two people feel that emotional connection that is a beautiful thing. And the expression of it, be it sexual or not, is something to celebrate.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:57 pm
Homosexuality is a natural phenomenon, and I think for the vast majority of people, their sexuality is not something they can define or control, so it shouldn't be held against them or considered wrong in any way. Just - not at all.

It's never been an American trait to tell other people what they can and cannot do - this country was founded on freedom, fergodssake - when it harms absolutely no one. I hate that gay marriage becomes a 'moral values' argument, where the conservative right claims that it's their morals under fire. Well, excuse me, but my morality demands respect and tolerance for other people, and withholding certain rights from gays, such as the right to make medical decisions for their significant other, infringes on my moral values.

It's an incendiary topic, to be sure, but I'm all about the right of anyone to do whatever they want, as long as it doesn't infringe on someone else's right to do the same thing. And if you're a boy and you want to kiss another boy, so what? What do I care? And if it's in public, I can just look away (if I in fact decide I want to ><) and move on with my life. It's just that simple.  

Yiska

[Satan]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:51 am
kayamar
meh, homosexuals are some of the best people I've met honestly.
they are hellishly open minded, very accepting, and generally nice as long as your nice to them.
In which, most people aren't. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:26 pm
i have nothing against homosexuality. although i do admit it is a bit strange to me, i do respect it and i do believe that gays are people too and deserve the same rights as heterosexuals. this being said i'm usually guilty of saying "that's gay" and stuff like that, lol. i guess it's because i've been saying it for years, and when i was Catholic i thought gays were like evil. i was pretty stupid back then.  

Soviet778

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:16 pm
I've always asked *to homophobes* why homosexuals do not deserve the same rights. I can never get a coherent answer.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:26 pm
mrtommyos
I've always asked *to homophobes* why homosexuals do not deserve the same rights. I can never get a coherent answer.
CUZ DEY ******** GAY AND DEBIL WURSHEEPERS U ******** ATHIST.

Most religious people are morons.  

Grand Moff Locket

Soviet778

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:27 pm
Lock The Cards
mrtommyos

hahaha i agree  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:55 pm
Soviet778
Lock The Cards
mrtommyos

hahaha i agree

me too rofl lol
honestly, I've just been reading the bible and I noticed that it keeps refuting itself, such as killing a man is a sin but you can kill a man if he have done a sin. WTF is up with that eek

yay, here's other proofs that most religious people are moron >.<;; (no offense to anyone)  

Angelic Alchemist Ninja

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:11 pm
Angelic Alchemist Ninja
Soviet778
Lock The Cards
mrtommyos

hahaha i agree

me too rofl lol
honestly, I've just been reading the bible and I noticed that it keeps refuting itself, such as killing a man is a sin but you can kill a man if he have done a sin. WTF is up with that eek

yay, here's other proofs that most religious people are moron >.<;; (no offense to anyone)

None taken.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:19 pm
Take the bible(Or if another Religion, w/e it is they read or get info from) away and they have no argument. They say that it will make more people gay and blah blah blah when there are studies out about how children around or parented by gay people don't turn out differently.

They just use the bible (or w/e else) to justify their hate. talk2hand  

Darth Maou

Grand Moff Locket

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:21 pm
No, the bible fuels their hate. Were it not for the bible they wouldn't have hate to excuse.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:46 am
The silly part is they go by that... but I don't see them banning pork. (If you get that.)  

Darth Maou

Din_of_Serenity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:26 pm
People with a homosexual preference are ok by me. I just don;t get why people say it's "such a beautiful passionate thing" sure, it's two guys or girls kissing. But what is the REALLY big difference besides they are same sex?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:29 pm
Din_of_Serenity
People with a homosexual preference are ok by me. I just don;t get why people say it's "such a beautiful passionate thing" sure, it's two guys or girls kissing. But what is the REALLY big difference besides they are same sex?

Dont know... Maybe the religious people think they'll one day rise and bring upon the apocolse and smite their asses. But that sorta would be true because if everyone was a homosexual we wouldn't want to have sex with the opposite gender, thus no babies, leading to no people, leading to: DOOM! blaugh

But if thats how people feel about love and who they love i don't care.

BTW i've been having really wierd gay dreams where i'm doing naughty things with girls... It is a tad bit strange neutral eek At first ok it fine whatever now i'm woried about things.  

E_Night

Grand Moff Locket

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:42 pm
Sanguinary Reik
I didn't bother to read it, because I have one definite opinion. No. The government should not legalize gay marriage. Why is that? Marriage is religious, pure and simple. "Separation of church and state" is nothing more than a sentence. It no longer means anything. Marriage isn't something that needs to be in the supreme court in the first place. That needs to stay in the Vatican.

Technically, marriage is something I'm against. It's the embodiment of monogamy, which is the denial of our very genetics. Of course, the way we are, our genes are best ignored right now, lest we further over-populate the world. Of course, gays are against our genetics, too. I really don't care about that, because it still has some genetics wired into us.

"What do you mean, Lock?" the children ask with wide eyes!

Humans are very special, in that we have sex for pleasure. Our genes tell us to. Genes are the realistic equivalent of god, children. See, humans were made for the same reason every other species was made: to procreate. In giving us sentience, sweet nature also had to make sure we didn't stop fscking like minks because we were lazy. And thus pleasure sex was born. Of course, I'm getting very off topic. Another speech, for another day.

Anyway, America needs to stop infringing on our "free" religion, "free" speech, and "free"doms in general. In guaranteeing these, they mean to tell us that we have them. Not that we can have them until they're tired of letting us. The government needs to stay in it's place, and let religion control itself. Have you not noticed, children, that religion has a heavy influence on politics?

"Yes!" The children replied, wide eyes with curiosity.

It is because we are so heavy dependent on religion, as a society, that we begin to make other decisions wearing the drunk-goggles of god. Presidents are elected on religious platforms. Bills are passed with religious motivations. Every single government-member given speech has religion, even in the most minute form. Religion has throttled our government, and usurped it.

So, no. No, I don't think the government should legalize gay marriage.

On a completely seperate note: EternalNight's a lesbian! *chants in a third grader's rythm*  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff