Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Hugs...would you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you hug a complete stranger holding a "Free hugs sign?"
  Yes
  No
  Maybe(depends upon what he/she looks like)
  Pollwhore option
View Results

Meisugi_Jaganshi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:41 pm
I hug my friends all the time. People watching think we're weird and/or gay.

I watched the video, and if it were me, I'd hug the guy and sign the petition...unless my family was around. If my family was around, I'd probably get in trouble. If I was alone or with my friends, I'd hug him or anyone else giving out free hugs.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:26 pm
I hug strangers all the time, but usually only around my friends. But if he looked like a hobo or druggy I'd be scared he'd stab me in the back with a heroine needle and rape me.  

~Screwed_Up_Emo~

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:40 pm
My mom dragged me to a Billy Graham function and it had a random stranger hug time. I hugged as many people as I could. I didn't care that it was done in the spirit of religion. I know some of those people would not have hugged me if they knew I didn't believe in their god. I hugged them because I believe in unity. I hugged them because deep down all I want is for everyone to be happy. If I saw that stranger, I would hug them too.
Humanity has so much potential for beauty. If only we all cared so much about our fellow man.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:46 pm
Hey! I love to give people hugs! Sometimes, people who just look interesting, I'll just straight up pull a hug and run on them. It's sweet. hahah. I like live for it. Now, because of that video, I want to run around with a sign like that! (And a pair of hollow coconuts.)

insanemetalpanda

Ruminating Skeptic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:31 pm
All my friends would run up and hug him, while me and my one friend would be edging away from those crazy people... I can barely tolerate hugs from people I know. I don't think it's cuz I don't like affection, it's more like a phobia eek yeah, it's messed up...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:01 am
Awww that video made me all giggly whee

I love hugs

I would definately hug a stranger with such a sign

Sanddru

sora987

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:59 pm
Sure I'd give him a hug! 3nodding I love giving hugs it makes me feel happy! xp  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:18 am
That is really awsome what he started. It gives people a since of hope and kindness you don't normaly seen in todays socity. People are more likely to filck you off then hug you. There are lots of people that have isues with personal space but to hug a person that wants nothing more then to pass on his good will that trasends alot of things.

Sangu you want to try it at school? ^_^ I'd do it If I didn't hate creepy people so much.... alot of people at our school I'd hide the sign from. If I went to ODU or somewhere that requires more then a single diget IQ to walk in. Sorry that was mean... but true.  

banryuu

banryuu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:23 am
Personly I've been known for the running glomp. ^_^ There is this Tasuki cosplayer I see at anime cons every year. He knows be by sight now. He sees me a prepars for impact. I once glomped him wearing 40lbs of chain-mail I almost broke part pf his costume. =^-^=  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:01 pm
I would give hug him. ^_^ I like getting hugs, its kind of a hi and a way to show friendship.  

Becka Minato

MeiGoddess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:25 pm
i clicked the link last night and i was looking up everything about it for like 2 hours. that guy is amazing. and im adicted to the song. i love it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:53 am
I love hugs. The other day, I was feeling sad and I hugged this boy I've only known for a couple of weeks.

I hug my friend James every time I see him, because he is so cute and I just have to!  

Prince Rilian

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:36 pm
Wow....this thread got revived?

Hugs are theraputic. You can hug a human, hug a cat, or hug a giant plushie and it all results in the same video. I think the beauty of this is that it just motivated by good will, and that is amazing.

You have something good, people ban it, and people get together and get it unbanned. It has a good beginning and a good end not that the thing has ended I don't think.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:28 pm
Hug a stranger? DEFIANTLY! We all need hugs! Even people we don't know!!!
Tomorrow, I'm gonna bring a sign to school that says "Free Hugs", and see how many kids huggle me!! (Well...my school is SMALLL as hell (only 200 kids), and we are all kinda weird...so...they allll will)  

freak0592

Prince Rilian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:20 am
freak0592
Hug a stranger? DEFIANTLY! We all need hugs! Even people we don't know!!!
Tomorrow, I'm gonna bring a sign to school that says "Free Hugs", and see how many kids huggle me!! (Well...my school is SMALLL as hell (only 200 kids), and we are all kinda weird...so...they allll will)

I will do that sometimes, too. My school is big. Well, I guess it's small for a university, but it's big for one person.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff