Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
-Lord of the Rings Subforum Protection Force- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gussumaru Kenji

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:33 pm
Hannon Le  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:07 pm
Just a suggestion: To be an effective force, we don't need to be jerks. I know why the subforum attracts so much movie fans. If the movies were not made, I'm sure we wouldn't have even half of the people talking. The subforum name has "discuss the movies..." in it and that means it's logical for movie fans to go there. We need to be affermative yet polite in carrying out the warnings so that we don't get a bad reputation or even banned.  

SYFFER

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:58 pm
*clears throat*

Could I have a badge too? Pretty please? ^__^

I can see it now...

*fades out of guild then in on the badge*

Glorfirith Annun: Subforum Nazi

*fades back to the guild with Glorfirith staring off into space*

. . .

xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:01 pm
Glad to be the reliable Elven craftsman 3nodding

SYFFER

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:12 pm
Ooh, can I have one? Pretty please?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:30 pm
I have no problem with movie topics when the writer and majority of those attracted to post are at least making an effort to be intelligent. Unfortunatly most of the time its not like that.
And for trying to close threads down or warning somebody they need to stop what there doing we should have a unified response, like mentioned earlier its scares them more when the feel their up against an organization. I usaully do something like: LSPF Warning: [tell them here politely what they did wrong] and if ya fell like it flash your badge or somethind. Its a suggestion.  

Gussumaru Kenji

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:03 pm
You have to be careful though that you don't snap at people when they make mistakes. Some people just honestly do not know something, and if you just push them in the right direction it can help them a lot more than yelling at them or intimidating them.

Just be careful with what's said, that's all I'm saying xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:11 pm
Ya I know.  

Gussumaru Kenji

ChewySkywalker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:38 pm
Zurgi
You have to be careful though that you don't snap at people when they make mistakes. Some people just honestly do not know something, and if you just push them in the right direction it can help them a lot more than yelling at them or intimidating them.

Just be careful with what's said, that's all I'm saying xD

yes, but if, you know, the idiot is repetedly told they are incorrect and are corrected yet still make the same mistake, by all means, feel free to flame. For example:

story
Random person: Darth Mall izz Anikin dadi
Me: MAUL! It is spelt M-A-U-L (A-N-A-K-I-N) and this could have been discussed in the official thread that is located under your thread *insert link to thread here*
Me: *reports thread*
Random Person: *responds to me*
Mod: *moves thread*
Same Random Person:*makes new thread on same topic* darTh mall is anikan dadi
Me: Did you not understand my post? I am going to report this thread also. For the love of Eru, go to the Official thread which is the next htread down *insert link here*

This is a true story.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:54 pm
I try not to go off unless the situation above occurs, seriously guys what do you think of the LSPF warning, its simple, polite, and should get the point through.  

Gussumaru Kenji

ChewySkywalker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:09 pm
Gussumaru Kenji
I try not to go off unless the situation above occurs, seriously guys what do you think of the LSPF warning, its simple, polite, and should get the point through.

It makes me want to make a banner.....  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Gussumaru Kenji
I think it's very effective but I think that we need to get Vendi's approval to make us an "official" force instead of a bunch of wannabe's like alot of people think.  

SYFFER

SYFFER

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:38 pm
Here's your badge Nienna. Enjoy 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:55 pm
SYFFER
Gussumaru Kenji
I think it's very effective but I think that we need to get Vendi's approval to make us an "official" force instead of a bunch of wannabe's like alot of people think.

Or Mitsu, since she is the only mod CURRENTLY online  

ChewySkywalker

SYFFER

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:51 pm
ChewySkywalker
SYFFER
Gussumaru Kenji

Or Mitsu, since she is the only mod CURRENTLY online
Sure whatever floats your boat smile  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas