Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
i'm azn ur azn let's hug! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xiiao-ai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Except for when it`s National Free Hug day.

Which was like, a week ago.

;D

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. || My doorknob owns You. || User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:45 am
If hugs were lame, I wouldn't be able to walk. At all. stare

Niph basically survives on hugs, internet, Starbucks and chocolate. In that order.

Niphredil Ithilmir

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:04 am
[...sinfulanjel...]

Except for when it`s National Free Hug day.

Which was like, a week ago.

;D

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. || My doorknob owns You. || User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Maybe that's why this thread was created in the first place. To celebrate free hugs? ninja

BTW, have you seen that video on Youtube of that guy that was going around the streets of Sydney giving out free hugs to everyone? ACA or 60 minutes ran a documentary about it, and I've yet to check it out.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:59 am
I can't believe there's actually such a thing as 'National Free Hug Day'. Are Australians so unfriendly to each other that they need a special day to hug on, and that people who go around randomly hugging others get TV documentaries?

Niphredil Ithilmir

Tokioka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:56 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
I can't believe there's actually such a thing as 'National Free Hug Day'. Are Australians so unfriendly to each other that they need a special day to hug on, and that people who go around randomly hugging others get TV documentaries?
In short - yes. razz  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:23 pm
Tokioka
Niphredil Ithilmir
In short - yes. razz

Well, for the most part, that is true. We do have a much different view of what counts as 'friendly'. The true aussie would more likely give a hard slap on the back rather than a hug. This is the result of most of the populatioon of having been bred from a race of criminals. xd

And yes, that guy on tv who started giving out free hugs has become a sensation here.  

Minielf

xiiao-ai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:10 am

I saw the thing getting filmed.

Hmm.

Do you have a link for Youtube?

Like, the video.

Sin thinks that we need a National Free Hug Day since you have the 'typical Aussie' blokes who are supposed to seem all buff and s**t, so they don`t give out hugs.

Neither do many of the women.

However!

Sin has found that school children, girls and boys, [well, guys until they`re like, in Year 3. xD] give hugs usually everyday.
And glomp each other.
Especially in Year 7 && 8.
At least, they do in my school.

:3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:36 am
We still do it, and we're in year 12. xD And actually adults do like hugs too.. apart from between two men, when they just look at each other embarrasedly and shake hands. xD

Move to England, guys. xP

Niphredil Ithilmir

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:41 am
(¨`¤
(¨*·.¸(¨*·.¸`·.¸
´·.¸.¤Sapphire´·.¸) `·.¸)

Every year 7 gets at least one hug during their year in year 7...
So everyone in High School must've received a hug throughout their high school year...

I got too many hugs in year 7...even when I refused to receive a hug from soeone they still hugged me >_____<;;

Now in year 9 I don't get as much hugs from random people...

I only get most of my hugs from my hyper-active gereebo friends xp

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) .·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Dragon¤.¸.·`

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:46 am
[...sinfulanjel...]

I saw the thing getting filmed.

Hmm.

Do you have a link for Youtube?

Like, the video.

Sin thinks that we need a National Free Hug Day since you have the 'typical Aussie' blokes who are supposed to seem all buff and s**t, so they don`t give out hugs.

Neither do many of the women.

However!

Sin has found that school children, girls and boys, [well, guys until they`re like, in Year 3. xD] give hugs usually everyday.
And glomp each other.
Especially in Year 7 && 8.
At least, they do in my school.

:3

Yeah I guess Aussies need a free hug day to get them all persuaded to huge random strangers. Ppl over the age of 16 tend not to hug other people so freely unless
A) they're close or quite close relatives or distant relations, or they do it as a sign of respect of elders
B) they're glomping and pashing each other because they're in love
C) it's part of their ethnic custom to hug strangers who belong to their same ethnic group.

Other than that I would expect few blokes or gals here would want to hug you on sight. They'd more likely to tell you to "******** OFF". xd  

Minielf

xiiao-ai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:34 am

Excatly.

It`s an Australian thing.

xDD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:00 am
Hmmn, the teenage Chav population of Britain seems to be catching up with Australian sentiments.. xp

Niphredil Ithilmir

Jetfirehack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:52 pm
泰晤聊了  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:23 pm
huggies for babies... xD o.O random...  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

blossoming-angel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:24 am
that australian thing is soo true. everyone just hugs no matter if you want it or not. like on my bday in year seven i got so pressies and cards and endless hugs.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff