Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Panic! At The Disco. Is It Emo? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forrest_Frenchie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:29 am
Hmmm well you should listen to whatever kind of music you want. biggrin
Personally I wouldn't say they are "emo" but their lyrics are kind of "emotional". I kinda like them too.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:30 am
Simple, they are not emo, they are Pop, pure and simple bubblegum pop music. no two ways, no arguments, they are pop.  

Rellik San
Captain

RAWRxiMxfabulous

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:27 am
Rellik San
Simple, they are not emo, they are Pop, pure and simple bubblegum pop music. no two ways, no arguments, they are pop.

Argument: not even close. "Bubblegum" bands dont sing about the kinda stuff they do...or dress like they do. Bubblegum bands are stupid bands like Fountains of Wayne. While Panic! might not be emo, they are certainly not pop. Whatsoever.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:29 am
RAWRxiMxfabulous
Rellik San

Argument: not even close. "Bubblegum" bands dont sing about the kinda stuff they do...or dress like they do. Bubblegum bands are stupid bands like Fountains of Wayne. While Panic! might not be emo, they are certainly not pop. Whatsoever.

Definition of pop - Popular music... I think its fair to say Panic! are popular... there for pop music.

Add to that, yes compared to sugar ray and the likes, they aren't exactly up tempo, until you talk into account their lyrics aren't serious, its a band based off of satire.  

Rellik San
Captain

P Roach

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:38 pm
well your w/e u want to be but if ur classing Panic! then theyre pop-emo.

like fall out boy WAS good b4 theyre album came out.. too many "new breads" liked their stuff so it dies of faster.

u can call bands w/e u want its up to you. music is music a the end of the day if u dont lyk it then thats ur own reason  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:12 pm
P Roach
well your w/e u want to be but if ur classing Panic! then theyre pop-emo.

like fall out boy WAS good b4 theyre album came out.. too many "new breads" liked their stuff so it dies of faster.

u can call bands w/e u want its up to you. music is music a the end of the day if u dont lyk it then thats ur own reason

pop-emo, just like pop punk is a contradiction, its one or the other, not both.

And yes, gotta hate those loaves of bread tryting hard to fit in.  

Rellik San
Captain

Neural Oscillation

Eloquent Roisterer

9,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:18 am
My brother always claims that they're emo just because they wear some make-up. I don't think that they're emo. I think that they're more punk than anything else.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:38 am
I don't think there that emo but they are what n emo would listen to. The lyrics thmselves aen't that emo though.

Frizzzz

Neural Oscillation

Eloquent Roisterer

9,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:44 am
The Frizz!
I don't think there that emo but they are what n emo would listen to. The lyrics thmselves aen't that emo though.

I know! They aren't emo at all. I don't see why so many people think they are stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:56 am
Because of the style of the band members I guess...

Frizzzz

RAWRxiMxfabulous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:41 pm
I agree. They dress emo, so people think theyre emo. I dont really think they fall under one genre, does anyone else agree? Theyre kinda a hybrid if you know what i mean.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:55 pm
to tell you have to look thorgh the lyirces for ther song but they are not preppy  

Xxx_last_emo_xxX

Toffee Sock Scissor Betch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:23 pm
quite the contrary. its not.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:48 pm
ok write what you think a prep is, a goth, a emo, and any other lables. just say what you think they are. cause it seems like no one knows. domokun  

C--h--i--b--i

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:42 am
Chibi-Kun-Chan
ok write what you think a prep is, a goth, a emo, and any other lables. just say what you think they are. cause it seems like no one knows. domokun

Prep - A fashion conscious individual who cares what people think of them.

Goth - A person with a taste for 'darker' musics, often but not always wearing elaborate make up schemes.

Emo - Tricky one this, simple terms, emotional person.

Metaller - Someone who wears relatively non descript clothes in comparison to other similar groups of people, (T-shirt, blue jeans, work boots) who's preffered music genre is heavy metal. (See my pics for further proof)

Geek - Someone who bites heads off of chickens within a circus environment. (look it up if you don't beleive me)

Well thats 5 down and all of them accurate if you ask arounf.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games