Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
The Maia Wizards Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zurgi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:26 pm
Alright, I understand that xd One of my friends has my copy of BoLT 1. Aheh.

I tend to be of the same opinion, that the Silmarillion/Unfinished Tales/LOTR/Hobbit have more weight than the books in HoME, but then, it also matters with personal preference. There are some tales in which I prefer the HoME versions and believe that they work better.

With this debate, I tend to be of the belief that it was the way it was written in the Silmarillion for that segment, with Manwe consulting with his inner thought.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:01 pm
The published Silmarillion is not the best source when looking for Tolkien's intent.

Nonetheless, in this case, the published Silmarillion is correct. Mandos does not have the power to withhold the Gift of Death. Manwe also lacks the power to revoke the Gift of Death. Only Eru can do so.

However, Olorin is not of the Atani, so such a matter has nothing to do with the current discussion.  

Falathrim

Tirno

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:28 pm
Falathrim
However, Olorin is not of the Atani, so such a matter has nothing to do with the current discussion.

Yeah, I was just correcting a statement that Mandos sent Beren and Luthien back, but I did address the issue of Gandalf/Olorin's return.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:52 am
I personally think that once the task is fulfilled, assuming they are dead, they go to the Halls of Mandos with the other spirits of dead elves. But I'm not sure if that's even true or if his spirit would be kept.

As for Radagast... I don't think he is ever mentioned again except for when Gandalf meets with him... I'm not sure what happened to him, it'd be a good thing to research. ^^  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:37 pm
I think they're free to go where they want, or return to their previous occupations with the gods....Although I don't think they made it clear where Melian went, just that she vanish from Middle Earth after the death of Thingol.

Radagast for all I know continued to live in Middle Earth, but his role is really insignificant, I don't think he has done anything that has contributed to anything great, which is kinda sad....

Elves only go to the Hall of Mandos until they are reborn....or stay if they chose not to be reborn, why would the maia go there? They only went to earth that looked like men (Gandalf, Sarumon etc.) or chose to take the form of the elves (ie Melian)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:46 am
I think there's some of this stuff mentioned inside the Simarillion?  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:51 am
Yep. That's where I base most of my information from, has everything about elves when they died, and talked a little about Melian when Thingol died.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:57 am
I also think there's a nice bit of info in the Appendices of the Return of the King biggrin  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:00 am
Yeah must look back to the books sometime, good thing the holidays are here! woot

On a side note, we're finally on at the same time eek , although I don't think It's gonna happen very often, it's 2:00am here gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:01 am
Really?! eek It's 12 pm here! xd And yeah, I need to buy Return of the King this season, I borrowed it when I read it ><  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:18 pm
Lol, but the books are so expensive....If I get a chance to buy one...someday I'll get the three in one book, hopefully thats cheaper xp  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:52 pm
I agree, the movie came out and like... BAM instant best sellers again xd I'm looking for a cheap version... the best I found is 7 bucks!  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:13 am
eek Thats pretty good bargain, I say BUY IT!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:49 pm
razz Yeah I suppose ^^ Most cost that much nowadays... the craze died down just a little ^^ Christmas sales coming up too biggrin  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:03 pm
Lol, thats true. However if you don't buy it now at this price, you never know if you can find it at that bargain price again....or perhaps you would be too lazy to buy it =P.  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff