Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Guild Website? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raine Dragon

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:46 am
Chisa
Raine Dragon
I'm all for it, it sounds like allot of fun to me... I would be more than happy to help with anything anyone might want my help with... ^_^ oh! I guess I ought to introduce my self since I'm new ^_^ I'm raine and I am currently majoring in Mass Media > Web Design.
Thats great! Is there anything specific you want to work on? Do you have a specialty? Do you have any ideas for articles?

I don't really care what you ask me to work on as long as I am able to do it 3nodding , I only know HTML and CSS right now... and some useful bits of javascript.. as far as coding goes... um.. lol, my specialty is avatars and small intricate things like that sweatdrop but I don't think there is a real use for that here sweatdrop anyways, if there is anything no one else wants to do, I'll be more than happy to do it....

As for article ideas... um... I don't have any right now, but I'll let you know if I think of any after my brain stop being fried from my English Papers, which I ought to go do the rest of now...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:00 pm
OK. Here's the list of all suggestions and ideas. Phew!

Suggested Website Stuff

Here's Chisa's list she posted awhile back:
- News/Updates - I think for now, we've decided that we will do a big update to the site every month, and put news in when needed
- Links + Resources page
- Articles (monthly?)
- Member Profiles (separated into groups? What kind of groups?)
- Featured Member of the month
- Archive of past contest entries

Here's some things we've added since then (and made more specific):
-Hall of Fame for contest winners
-Jobs for people who want to do something specific, need people to organize links, people to be in charge of the separate portfolio pages, and lots of people to write/illustrate!!
-Style of site should include photos and artwork
-Include non-gaians!
-Start with basic tutorials and articles
-Contest to name the site!!
-Start making an outline for the first release of the site (set for January, I think that's a great time to aim for)
-Article suggestions: customer interaction, going freelance, case study of a full project, personal experiences studying, stupid client quotes , reviews on GD programs, thoughts on the current wages for jobs in that area...
-Restrictions on the size of all pictures and thumbnails, to make it nice and uniform throughout.
-Get a head start on collecting profiles... answer these sorts of questions: Name, age, location, area of expertise, skills, do you do commissions (real money/gaian gold), 3 thumbnails of examples (linking to the real thing), links to website(s) + some kind of picture representing you, whether its a screenshot of your gaia avatar, a photo, a self portrait, a photo of a monkey you think resembles you, whatever.. (I just had to directly quote that, that was great)

People Who Have Offered to Help (and with what)
Silver and Chisa: editors, updates, organization
Raine Dragon: general help
Suubi: coding, can host also
Narrtin: web app coding

We need more people to be involved... so here are the questions to answer if you'd like to help! Just post your answers right here in this thread.
a) Your area(s) of expertise
b) What kind of background you have in that area
c) How you think you could use that to contribute

Thanks everyone! Keep those ideas comin'!  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas