Reply OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD
Manga/Anime Differences Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mineka_C.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:54 pm
I have yet to reach the end of the Full Moon manga, so I can't really comment on that other than my irritation in the difference in Meroko's wardrobe colouring. I like the black more than the red. It was much more shinigami-ish. But then, so was her attitude. So perhaps they livened up her outfit when they made her more happy. I must admit her outfit matches her personality in the anime.
But I want to slap whoever it was that did the scripting for the KKJ anime. They need to die a very painful death. It was such a disaster the second season. Season one was all nice and cute, but season 2 was just *shudders* it defies words, that's how bad it was. The manga was 100% better, it was sweeter, more intresting, and not as abrupt an ending. The KKJ anime was just horrid. I mean I could look pass the horrible animation in light that I love the KKJ manga, but when I saw the ending two eps, someone needed to be hurt. I didn't know why Myst was there, but I figured it would eventually wind down to the true ending that it should have been, even though I was scartching my head wondering why Finn had left. I really hated the anime. *huggels manga* Poor Arina, her work has been defaced by the higher powers!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:52 pm
So far I don't like the KKJ anime all that much. And from what people have been saying I probably won't like the ending. I'm more for final endings than ones that leave you hanging.

(Something tells me that if/when the KKJ anime makes it to the U.S. it's going to be really popular. The whole 'normal person transforming into a cool person that fights evil' seems to be what kids like.)  

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

Mineka_C.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:12 pm
Aisu-Kitsune
So far I don't like the KKJ anime all that much. And from what people have been saying I probably won't like the ending. I'm more for final endings than ones that leave you hanging.

(Something tells me that if/when the KKJ anime makes it to the U.S. it's going to be really popular. The whole 'normal person transforming into a cool person that fights evil' seems to be what kids like.)

side-note: Love the Yami to Boushi to Han no Tabito pic. I wanna cosplay her eventually.

Animerica took a review of the KKJ anime (this was quite awhile ago), and they gave it such a horrible review, and pummeled the thing to death; that I doubt it'll ever make it into the states.
I can sorta see it, even though I am partially blinded due to it being Arina-sempais work, but after such harsh treatment, I dunno if it'll ever get liscenced here. It might be able to latch on to FMwS, since that's making waves, but as of right now I see no hope of KKJ ever being liscenced. But they should at least bring the manga over, the manga kicked a**! Oh well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:33 am
Aw... gonk poor Arina-san.  

Leri
Vice Captain

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:20 pm
Mineka_C.
side-note: Love the Yami to Boushi to Han no Tabito pic. I wanna cosplay her eventually.

Thanks! Have you seen the series? Not too many people have.

Quote:
Animerica took a review of the KKJ anime (this was quite awhile ago), and they gave it such a horrible review, and pummeled the thing to death; that I doubt it'll ever make it into the states.
I can sorta see it, even though I am partially blinded due to it being Arina-sempais work, but after such harsh treatment, I dunno if it'll ever get liscenced here. It might be able to latch on to FMwS, since that's making waves, but as of right now I see no hope of KKJ ever being liscenced. But they should at least bring the manga over, the manga kicked a**! Oh well.

I think Full Moon will. There's already tons of fans and it hasn't even come out in the U.S. yet. But, you're right, since the KKJ anime isn't as good it might not make it. If it was exactly like the manga it would but they had to make all the stupid changes. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:22 am
Aisu-Kitsune
Mineka_C.

Thanks! Have you seen the series? Not too many people have.

I have seen Yami to Boushi to Han no Tabito, wasn't really thrilled with it. It was mostly just very cute, the plot felt like it was trying to be complex, when instead it just came across as, I dunno, tedious. But I loved Fuji-hime! She was so cute! I wanna cosplay her to, I already made her shorts, but I'm broke, so I can't afford to go out and buy nice white fabric for the top. Though I do have thigh high socks ready to be byed greyish-black. GEH! Babbling!

Aisu-Kitsune
Mineka_C.

I think Full Moon will. There's already tons of fans and it hasn't even come out in the U.S. yet. But, you're right, since the KKJ anime isn't as good it might not make it. If it was exactly like the manga it would but they had to make all the stupid changes. sad

I know, Why did they change it?!?! WHYYYY??! It's not like it would have been longer or anything, really, I've seen them cram a 20 series manga in a one and a half hour movie, I'm sure they could have fit the what is it 3.5 mangas that season two would have been into the 20+ episodes that where made.
I was most displeased.
Full Moon is still on the ropes as far as I'm concerned. I mean Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitchs' US rights just got dropped by ADV cause there was to much singing within the series. If ADV of all people is dropping a cutsy wonderful series like MMPPP just cause of the singing, what would happen to FM that also has a decent amount of singing in it? Granted not as much as MMPPP, but still a decent bit. I'm worried with this huge wave of anime on TV, that if they feel they can't get it on a station somewhere that it's not worth the hassel of it. *sighs* Ah well.

Mineka_C.

akeikas
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:56 pm
I never saw the anime of KKJ because everyone said it was bad. >_< But i want to try at least 1 episode...but bittorrent hates me...>_< I do have all the episodes for FWS tho xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:34 pm
Leri
Skymeri
Isn't Chiaki's hair blue in the manga as well? @_@

nope! 'Tis brown xd ... but Tanemura Arina made one picture of him with blue hair and blue eyes. That's the one with Maron and Miyako and him in panels with crosses.
What about the picture with Yamato, Miyako, Maron, and Chiaki? The background is yellow and each of the characters are in a rectangular/square thing. I'll post the pic when I find it on internet. xD  

Froggy Furnishings

Mineka_C.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:29 pm
KazehaneRio_FLAME
I never saw the anime of KKJ because everyone said it was bad. >_< But i want to try at least 1 episode...but bittorrent hates me...>_< I do have all the episodes for FWS tho xd

If you want, I can get them to you. Bittorrent loves me, and I don't mind really. If you have AIM I can send it to you that way (used to have MSN and Yahoo, but my comp is mad at me, so keeps crashing those programs.)
Anyway, just PM me if you want.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:14 am
*PMing* blaugh thank you!!! heart  

akeikas
Captain

pockydrop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:36 pm
Aisu-Kitsune
LHL
And Izumi's soul stealing weapon was different too.

I know! I didn't like that. I think his giant sythe was much cooler. The bow just doesn't have the same scary effect.

3nodding agree agree. Also, in the anime, they made him out to be some bad guy. That bothered me. He was a lot nicer in the manga.

In Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne too, they ignored the angel statuses....

And the KKJ manga got licensed, and the Full Moon manga should be coming out soon too. But they made it, in the preview picture, "Full Moon o Sagashite" That bothers me. I hope they'll change it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:48 pm
I want to put FMwS and some KKJ on my future FMwS fan site. There's a lot of people that can't download BitTorrent or have problems with it (it's friggin slow for one thing) so I think it would benefit a lot of people. (Probably kill my bandwith, though. Which isn't much on geocities. >_>)

Mineka_C.
I have seen Yami to Boushi to Han no Tabito, wasn't really thrilled with it. It was mostly just very cute, the plot felt like it was trying to be complex, when instead it just came across as, I dunno, tedious. But I loved Fuji-hime! She was so cute! I wanna cosplay her to, I already made her shorts, but I'm broke, so I can't afford to go out and buy nice white fabric for the top. Though I do have thigh high socks ready to be byed greyish-black. GEH! Babbling!

I really liked it (except for the fact that all the girls had gigantic boobs. eh..but I guess it could be worse. it was based off a hentai game after all.). I became attatched to Ririsu. Probably because she reminds me of Meroko (and I love Meroko). Plus Kogechibi is really cute. Causing mayhem in the Great Library. surprised  

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

Mineka_C.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:15 am
Aisu-Kitsune
I want to put FMwS and some KKJ on my future FMwS fan site. There's a lot of people that can't download BitTorrent or have problems with it (it's friggin slow for one thing) so I think it would benefit a lot of people. (Probably kill my bandwith, though. Which isn't much on geocities. >_>)

Mineka_C.

I really liked it (except for the fact that all the girls had gigantic boobs. eh..but I guess it could be worse. it was based off a hentai game after all.). I became attatched to Ririsu. Probably because she reminds me of Meroko (and I love Meroko). Plus Kogechibi is really cute. Causing mayhem in the Great Library. surprised

Ah see I knew it was based off some sort of game. Game based animes have this sorta feel about them. Similar to how when yer channel surfing, and you hear the sound a second or two afore the image loads; and how if it's a dubbed anime, you can just hear it without seeing the pic. It's the same with those.

Oh and KazehaneRio, KKJ eps 1-4 are at 76% right now. I'll likely have the last 24% in a day or two, just FYI.
I can send them to you via AIM (I hope) so I'll PM you when they're done and we'll work something out, neh?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:14 pm
Mineka_C.
Ah see I knew it was based off some sort of game. Game based animes have this sorta feel about them. Similar to how when yer channel surfing, and you hear the sound a second or two afore the image loads; and how if it's a dubbed anime, you can just hear it without seeing the pic. It's the same with those.

Yep. I didn't know it was based on a game until I was reading something about it on a site.

I like your animated Reirin sig, btw. whee  

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

Mineka_C.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:54 am
Aisu-Kitsune
Mineka_C.

Yep. I didn't know it was based on a game until I was reading something about it on a site.

I like your animated Reirin sig, btw. whee

Reirin? Was that the name of the attack? It's been awhile since I saw it. I just personally like fuji, and that was definitly one of her better scenes. I just hope I can get around figuring our exactly how to make her shirt. It wouldn't be so hard if it wasn't for the fold over. Inuyasha has that to, and it's confusing, everyone ignores that part of his costume, but I'm having trouble trying to figure out how exactly to cut the fabric. Ah well. I'll get it eventually.  
OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff