Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Mild to high flaming of atheist Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:23 pm
Blasphemize
Thankfully, I've never recieved hate mail like that. Well...not on Gaia. sweatdrop

I always wonder why they care about other people's beliefs. It's not like they're going to burn in hell if we aren't Christian. It's our loss, not theirs. rolleyes

I deleted the comments...but some random person out of nowhere spammed my comment box in my profile about various stuff. I PMed her telling her if she had a problem with me than she should PM me directly.

Then she went on this rant about me being intolerent. What it comes down to is that she saw me in a thread, and doubled back thinking my avatar was a Sephiroth cosplay, went to my profile, read it, misunderstood it, and then posted those comments.

I still don't get it. It was as though she were trying to instigate an aggressive respond, and acting as though I had insulted her in some way or form.

It was really wierd. Has anyone had something like that happen?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:25 pm
Oh....and here is her response to my simple words where I told her that if she had a problem with me than she should PM me:

Sorry.

But, FYI, I specifically never told you what religion I was, let alone mention the Bible.

If someone has an intelligent point to make, you should listen to them, "Bible-thumper" or not. (in my personal beliefs, even though I'm not an atheist, I believe that all things are logical, and that the correct answers will arise undeniably, and without force, no matter what road you take, and as long as long as your "logic" isn't dreadfully flawed. ... Faith doesn't have to be blind, but faith that strong is always good to fall back on when you're not sure.)

Now I'm not preaching/asking you to come and join me in my beliefs; I'm just telling you like it is. (because, if you/I "believe" something, you/I had better be ready to defend those beliefs)

Can anyone make heads or tails of this response? I've never seen her in a thread, never debated with her, and in fact I hadn't been active at all on Gaia around that time. It wasn't until perhaps a day after she wrote this that I got into any words in the GD regarding religion but then again I wasn't really debating against religion or something like that.

Sanguvixen

Niveous

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:19 am
Sanguvixen
Oh....and here is her response to my simple words where I told her that if she had a problem with me than she should PM me:

Sorry.

But, FYI, I specifically never told you what religion I was, let alone mention the Bible.

If someone has an intelligent point to make, you should listen to them, "Bible-thumper" or not. (in my personal beliefs, even though I'm not an atheist, I believe that all things are logical, and that the correct answers will arise undeniably, and without force, no matter what road you take, and as long as long as your "logic" isn't dreadfully flawed. ... Faith doesn't have to be blind, but faith that strong is always good to fall back on when you're not sure.)

Now I'm not preaching/asking you to come and join me in my beliefs; I'm just telling you like it is. (because, if you/I "believe" something, you/I had better be ready to defend those beliefs)

Can anyone make heads or tails of this response? I've never seen her in a thread, never debated with her, and in fact I hadn't been active at all on Gaia around that time. It wasn't until perhaps a day after she wrote this that I got into any words in the GD regarding religion but then again I wasn't really debating against religion or something like that.

Uhhm....hmmm

They think logic and faith will never ever collide with one another. They think people will learn everything by sitting around eating cheetos, (not putting any force/energy into its discover.) Faith isn't blind (if you ..do it..in a certain way)And the stronger the faith you have, the better.

(As long as you repress the years of carnage and war brought about by radical religious beliefs..or beliefs in general)

They are "telling you beliefs...like it is.." as if beliefs are facts that cannot change in ones own mind. Or maybe they just reallylike STATING beliefs...but.....its definately NOT preaching.

And all..of..this..is supposed to....enlighten you...somehow. All this did for me was make my head throb a little. That's my take on what they're saying anways.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:36 pm
Thankfully, I have never been flamed for being an atheist on Gaia. Might have something to do with the fact that I'm invisible sweatdrop And I don't recall ever being flamed elsewhere for it.

Mostly I just see other people being flamed and shake my head at their ignorance; then move on.

O.o if someone did that to me in Wal-Mart I would have to question humanity... WOW.

Quote:
Sorry.

ano... yeah, no idea. That made my head hurt just trying to comprehend what their point was.  

Ruminating Skeptic

Sanddru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:37 am
Wow

I wonder if that person actually exists
It's hard for me to imagine such an idiot actually existing in the real world

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:39 am
I've never been flamed for being Atheist. I rarely tell people that I'm atheist either. I personally couldn't care less if someone were Christian, so I like to think people care just as much about me telling them my stance on religion.

I have told the people I work with. Most I work with don't like organzied religions, so I was just asked some questions about why I don't believe in a higher power, and it was left at that. It actually sparked a nice intellectual discussion while we were bored at work. They had already known me for some time to know that I'm not a bad person, so they had nothing to flame me for. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. ^.^  

_C r y s t a l_RB

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:53 am
I got flamed once, but I deleted the letter. Not before I replied to it though. I told them that I really don't care whether I'm atheist or christian, because I'd be going to hell either way. I also called her a Bigot who only did that because she wanted to go to heaven, not for me. I really hate letter like that. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:21 am
PickleBoy
Yeah, I don't really argue with people cause they either get me really angry and I say stupid things that aren't what I really mean (I can't think when I'm angry) or I just start to laugh and make fun of them instead of having a logical argument. Ick.

And some people... I really don't like it that they use such double standards. Its ridiculous.

Hooray for double standards!! Giving Fundies the "edge" over scholars and free thinkers since 1458! ::thumbs up::

Eh, it really is ridiculous. But it is best to just laugh it off. Why show them any other emotion besides pure amusement. Do you think they deserve your frustration....I don't think they do. Its a waste.

I always tell people who know I'm atheist "Me and God aren't really on speaking terms. I wrote him a lot as a kid, but he doesn't seem to write back." Simple as that.

Why do I need to explain it any further than that?
Honestly, I'm happy this way.
Worrying over something that doesn't seem there at all.
Seems a waste to me.
And in my humble opinion....if you need a God to babysit you so you behave....that...doesn't make you a good person....it makes you a brat who needs supervision.

If you can be nice and good, just for the sake of being nice and good.
Hell, to me that's as close as it gets to being "Christian-like"  

Niveous

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:45 pm
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/amun_ra/

FTW.

Yet another confirmation of the correctness of my transformation from deranged religious zealot into self-assured, content and unshakable Atheist has been the realization that there is no value in arguing against faith and superstition/the paranormal.

If the colossal amounts of evidence against pretend gods and fake laws isn't enough to convince someone, then, as far as conversion and debate are concerned, they're only worth a dismissive chuckle.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:14 pm
Theophrastus
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/amun_ra/

FTW.

Yet another confirmation of the correctness of my transformation from deranged religious zealot into self-assured, content and unshakable Atheist has been the realization that there is no value in arguing against faith and superstition/the paranormal.

If the colossal amounts of evidence against pretend gods and fake laws isn't enough to convince someone, then, as far as conversion and debate are concerned, they're only worth a dismissive chuckle.

I was at Borders last week, and I happened to see Dawkins' book on sale, so I bought it. While I don't agree with everything he says, it's a book worth buying, and he brings up some scary points I agree on-- the kind that I tell people and they look at me like I'm paranoid and crazy. ninja Watch out for the American Taliban.  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:28 pm
"The messiah will eat your skull"? That's the strangest comment I've heard in quite a while.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:52 pm
Seriously! What a ********' silly thing to ----

OW!

Dammit! Jesus just bit my dome!

I guess they weren't kidding...

u_u*  

Theophrastus

hachimitsugirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:48 am
I find it endlessly amusing when folks try to attack me on this barren, forsaken website. It gives me a chance to get a bit riled and put them in their place.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.When has it become so easy to cry,

biggrin I get that, "OMG YOU'RE GOING TO HELL." Thing a lot in RL. I told my best friend I was atheist and she said that and called me a hethan D:

:3 But later me and my fellow atheist friend ganged up on her and pointed out all the flaws of Christianity and made her feel like crap. She never talked about it again. That's basically what they do to Atheists, anyway.

I want to laugh...User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pao Pao Tang

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:30 am
Insizzors
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.When has it become so easy to cry,

That's basically what they do to Atheists, anyway.

I want to laugh...User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is why I feel no shame in disassembling the beliefs of any Christian. I don't feel bad if it's someone I like because I'm helping them. I don't feel bad if it's someone I dislike because now I can claim a portion of their sadness as my own doing. >:}  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff