Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply -~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!
Big plot holes in Faith of the Fallen?? o_x Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phanari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:33 pm
Yeah, you just want what Galen and I have. ::makes out with Galen::  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:49 pm
Phanari
Yeah, you just want what Galen and I have. ::makes out with Galen::
-o.o- -blushies a whole lot-  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Phanari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:12 am
LOL!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:51 pm
As to the maturity spell Kahlan really didn't follow them she went and helped the soldiers in their battle and after a year of fighting left, as the soldiers were gathering civilians to head to D'hara, going through D'hara to reach the Old World.

As to the soldiers of Jangang's they probably don't realize that she is so because of the fact she doesn't have a ring through her lip, and they probably hadn't seen her before, and only heard of her.  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Phanari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:44 pm
::gathers the spoilers::  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:57 am
:3 ish yew making a wheel? Oh wait those be spokes! x3 -sits on the floor- :3  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Phanari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:11 pm
NO1 You guys are spoiling the books so I'm intently listening to know what happens.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:38 am
Phanari
NO1 You guys are spoiling the books so I'm intently listening to know what happens.
Me ish showwies ;-; -shniffles and curls up in yer lap hugging yer hand-  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Phanari

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:23 pm
I bought it on cd, so now I have the patience to deal with it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:21 pm
Phanari
I bought it on cd, so now I have the patience to deal with it.
yay! n.n  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Phanari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:24 pm
Wooot woot!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:25 pm
-gasp- A twain? :3 Me likes the choochoo. n.n  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

xx Koloblicin xx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:55 am
do you two realize that you make absolutely no sense?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:50 am
;-;  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Maniacal Macabre

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:01 pm
I was just reading through Faith of the Fallen for the second time (eh, the habbits of an excelling English student) critically, and I noticed... there are GAPING plot holes in the whole conflict concerning Nicci and Kahlan. When they're linked by the maternity spell.
The most obvious, and biggest, example is when Kahlan goes down into the Old World, and into the same city as Richard, and Nicci doesn't know about it.
O_o
Didn't she say "if you follow, I will know, and you will die", or something along those lines? And she warned Richard many times over that if someone was sent to follow, even at a distance, she would know, and Kahlan would die? O_o I just dont get it. And then she was so CLOSE to Nicci and to be experiencing such emotions... WOULDNT SHE NOTICE?!
By the time Kahlan went to find Richard Nicci was thinking quite differently than she was when she captured Richard. She was questioning everything she ever knew. She was no longer concerned with where Kahlan was, and if she did give it thought it would have probably pleased her to know she could bring this mistake to an end without hurting Richard any more than she had. By this time she was in love with him.

And then there's times where Kahlan gets hurt and exhausted, and it dosent tell on Nicci, and vice versa. >.< it chewed at me the whole way through.

Kahlan lost a bunch of weight, suffered when Nicci gave away the money on the way to the Old World, suffered the brutal encounter with the thug boy, and was often run down and didn’t know why. I believe we got the picture, any more and it would have gotten tedious.

I never got whether Nicci felt Kahlan’s pain, I don’t think she did. I do however believe Nicci would have died if Kahlan offed herself, but we’ll never know I guess.

And there were a few other plot holes as far as I was concerned, with Nicci being so close to the Emporer's palace, and therefore there would BOUND to be military officials there, and if she was "Jagang's favorite" or whatever, the "Queen Slave"... wouldn't the officials/soldiers NOTICE?! Dx

Notice? Notice what? Everyone knew her or knew of her, but that doesn’t mean everyone would instantly recognize her. There weren’t missing scrolls posted all over the old world with her mug painted on them. When she chose to be recognized she had no trouble with the soldiers knowing her and hopping to her every word. Other than that she was just one of the other stinking populace and not one individual counted, so why notice? Why even bother meeting their eyes?

I dunno. It's been one of the more irritating books for me to read through critically. Most pass with almost-ease, but this one bugged me.
And also... NOTHING HAPPENED. The thing went around in a complete circle, and you could have just done WITHOUT the whole journey, I think. It was probably a time killer, for an author's block but... is anyone else troubled/annoyed by this one book?

Nothing Happened?
A woman’s soul was saved. A woman who grew up believing the garbage her mother shoved down her throat for her to spew out at relevant times. A woman who had no respect for life at all learned to care. She learned that being a selfless being was not the blessed life she was indoctrinated into and loving one’s self and having pride in one’s own accomplishments was not the sin she feared it was. Her father is not in the dark with the keeper as her mother taught her he would be. To be with her as she went through these soul shattering changes was not a … how did you put it?… a time killer…I found it a very worth while journey that I’m glad Terry allowed us to go on.

Nothing Happened?
One man changed the lives of a whole community. He showed by example that life was worth putting an effort into. His light touched everyone he came in contact with, even those who resented him. He gave them beauty, beauty they had never seen. He gave them self worth, something they had never known. He gave them ambition, where before they expected everything done for them he taught them to do for themselves.
He taught them to stand up and live their lives, where before they were the living dead.

-~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games