Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Which non-agnosic or atheist religeon do you respect most? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Religeon that isn't Atheistm/Agnosicsm:
  Christianity
  Buddhism
  Hinduism
  Satanism
  Paganism
  Other
View Results

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Ignorance is Your Disease
I'm rather fond the of the Old Religion.
But...
Judaism is the most respectable and in fact, most likable monotheistic religion in my perspective.
I rather like the Jews a great deal.

Welcome to "The Jewish people are awesome" club!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:41 pm
Buddhism, no ultimate divinity, just some hero worship and rather transferable philosophy.  

Theophrastus

Ammonia Spike

7,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:22 pm
I respect Buddism and Paganism the most. They're very non-judgemental and peaceful.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:02 am
Satanism is the second WORST religion in my opinion. It's just like those kids who pretend to be Nazis just to be cool and controversial. They're not anti-religious; they believe in God, but they choose to rebel against him just for the sake of anarchy.

Lame.

Dark Pieman

Teoka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:55 pm
Satanism FTW twisted I adore their self-empowering beliefs, their adamant rejection of following the flock, and even their non-belief in a deity. I'd call Satanism a philosophy as well, unless they actually believe in god/satan/etc.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:51 pm
I've been sort of studying Wicca for a paper, and I like it considerably more than other religions I've heard of.  

deactivatedfedcba

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:28 pm
Bubblegum Eternity
I respect Buddism and Paganism the most. They're very non-judgemental and peaceful.
Paganism isn't a religion; paganism is a catch-all that refers to all non-Abrahamic faiths. There are plenty of pagan religions that don't fall into your category of "non-judgemental" and "peaceful."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:54 am
Shinto rox my sox.

No prayers, no dogma, no holiest place, reverence for nature, emphasis on living life instead of preparing for the afterlife, emphasis on cleanliness (take a bath, brush your teeth, wash your hands razz ), and
10,000,000 deities that look like something straight out of the dungeon masters guide!

What's not to love?  

Edi Gammon

Dirty Dirty Shisno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:09 pm
Satanism for the reasons you stated. Using your brain as much as possible. Being your own god. Etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:51 pm

LeVeyan Satanism. heart

That's still what I relate to the most, it has the most similar morals of any "religion" I know [and I use "religion" in LeVey's terms. D: "Religion is the most important thing in a person’s life. If electric trains are the most pervasive thing in one’s life, that is his religion. Anything can be a religion if it means a lot. If your present religion isn’t the most important thing in your life, then skip it. Find whatever impels you most and make that your religion." In his words, very, very strong interest = religion = fetish] to my own morals. However, when he starts getting into the ghettos and stuff, I trail off, but I see that as him vying for attention. *shrug*

I still consider myself a LeVeyan Satanist to some extent, as a hedonist/Epicurean, but I also don't give a crap about what sort of atheist I am known as, so long as it is known I am not a theist.

LV Satanism = Epicurean, Naturalistic Atheism.

Devaldra

Greedy Shapeshifter

Lyonette

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:38 pm
My favourite faith is actually Shinto, but Shinto and Buddhism are and were often combined, so I voted Buddhist.

The Shinto have no preaching, no pillaging, no conversion, respect for nature, no "holiest places,"emphasis on living a good life and being clean, they even get along great with Buddhists, the most peace loving faith on the planet. I mean, what isn't there to love?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:28 pm
AnonymouZ
Satanics, the silly ones that go with being "evil" and against christians amuse me, but it only takes a dumbass to believe that the christian god exists AND to top it off, go AGAINST this oh so powerful and angry/loving god.

Actually, I think you've got a wrong idea about Satanism. Why don't you do some research on what it is before posting? One thing I can tell you though: They're NOT going with evil or against christians specifically...

Your view on Satanism is actually a Christian-biased one. If you do your research correctly, you'd realize that Satanism is NOTHING the Christians say it is.

Dark Pieman
Satanism is the second WORST religion in my opinion. It's just like those kids who pretend to be Nazis just to be cool and controversial. They're not anti-religious; they believe in God, but they choose to rebel against him just for the sake of anarchy.

Lame.

Same to you. You're believing the Christian version of Satanism. Just go to simple encyclopedias and you'd immediately find that Satanism is nothing like evil or believing in god.

If you guys are not willing to learn about Satanism, here are some info:
"Self-development is important to Theistic Satanists. This is due to the Satanists' view of Satan, who is seen to encourage individuality and freedom of thought, and the quest to raise one's self up despite resistance..."
"Central is the idea that an individual must enforce their own meaning on life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses.... There are progressive and libertarian elements here; diversity is encouraged, everyone is expected to discover his own sexuality, chart his own personality, and decide their own ambitions in life. In this stress on individuality, Satanism is considered a "Left-Hand Path" religion."

There are apparently two types of Satanism: theistic and atheistic. Theistic, of course, believes Satan is a deity. Atheistic Satanism is even cooler.

I'm not a Satanist, just so you guys won't flame on me. But I DO think they have some pretty cool beliefs and I actually have been going by some (not all) of their rules, just because so many of their rules are common sense.  

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:55 am
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
AnonymouZ
Satanics, the silly ones that go with being "evil" and against christians amuse me, but it only takes a dumbass to believe that the christian god exists AND to top it off, go AGAINST this oh so powerful and angry/loving god.

Actually, I think you've got a wrong idea about Satanism. Why don't you do some research on what it is before posting? One thing I can tell you though: They're NOT going with evil or against christians specifically...

Your view on Satanism is actually a Christian-biased one. If you do your research correctly, you'd realize that Satanism is NOTHING the Christians say it is.

Dark Pieman

Lame.

Same to you. You're believing the Christian version of Satanism. Just go to simple encyclopedias and you'd immediately find that Satanism is nothing like evil or believing in god.

If you guys are not willing to learn about Satanism, here are some info:
"Self-development is important to Theistic Satanists. This is due to the Satanists' view of Satan, who is seen to encourage individuality and freedom of thought, and the quest to raise one's self up despite resistance..."
"Central is the idea that an individual must enforce their own meaning on life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses.... There are progressive and libertarian elements here; diversity is encouraged, everyone is expected to discover his own sexuality, chart his own personality, and decide their own ambitions in life. In this stress on individuality, Satanism is considered a "Left-Hand Path" religion."

There are apparently two types of Satanism: theistic and atheistic. Theistic, of course, believes Satan is a deity. Atheistic Satanism is even cooler.

I'm not a Satanist, just so you guys won't flame on me. But I DO think they have some pretty cool beliefs and I actually have been going by some (not all) of their rules, just because so many of their rules are common sense.

User Image
Satanism...........that's the Book of Shadows, right?

Awesome, title by the way. Even though it sounds like a ninja guide book: "How to be a shadow in 12 steps."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:36 pm
Atheistic Satanism, Shinto, and Buddhism.

*will finish this post once I'm not so tired sweatdrop *  

Henneth Annun

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:04 pm
I guess I agree with Buddhism the most because whatever you want to classify it as it seems the most tollerant of other religions.

But I admit that I know pretty much nothing about Hinduism and Paganism and only a little about Satanism. But to be honest I've never actually met a Satanist who wasn't just trying to scare their parents.

But I guess it's worth mentioning that I would really like to learn more about these religions. But you know, can't trust everything you read on the internet. Anyone know of any trustworthy websites where I can get informed?

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff