Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Arrange marriages Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yalie5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:50 pm
who'd want to be in arrange marriage. you'd get completely tied down by someone you'd prolly come to loathe. eek  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:51 pm
Cat-Whiskers
Legal age to get married in China is 21.

Lunar or angelic years? confused

azn_cutie_pie
i dont think arrange marragies r really good caz u might not love the other person!!!

You can learn to love someone. A relationship is built on trust, after getting to know them for awhile its possible to fall in love.  

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

yalie5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:53 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
Cat-Whiskers

azn_cutie_pie
i dont think arrange marragies r really good caz u might not love the other person!!!

You can learn to love someone. A relationship is built on trust, after getting to know them for awhile its possible to fall in love.

or you can come to resent them  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:54 pm
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess
Cat-Whiskers

azn_cutie_pie

Lmao true, and plead for a divorce or have a affair while you're at it. xd  

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

yalie5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:58 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess
Cat-Whiskers

azn_cutie_pie

but divorce would bring shame (so to speak) and admit failure on your parents part. and affair could be used as amo against you eek  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:01 pm
For me, I don't like arranged marriges, because in the past, arranged marriges often goes to the topic of money. D:

And, the other person might treat you bad. O-o;;

Teh Vampy

yalie5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:02 pm
Teh Vampy
For me, I don't like arranged marriges, because in the past, arranged marriges often goes to the topic of money. D:

i think it's still like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:04 pm
yalie5
Teh Vampy

Yeah. xd  

Teh Vampy

yalie5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:00 am
Teh Vampy
yalie5
Teh Vampy

Yeah. xd

that really sucks... i'd like to not get married at all. then i can be free to do whatever i want.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:04 pm
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess
Cat-Whiskers

azn_cutie_pie

but divorce would bring shame (so to speak) and admit failure on your parents part. and affair could be used as amo against you eek

True but recall some people have no shame at all.You could always advoid them for a few years until/if they ever forgive you.  

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Teh Vampy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:04 pm
yalie5
Teh Vampy
yalie5
Teh Vampy

Yeah. xd

that really sucks... i'd like to not get married at all. then i can be free to do whatever i want.

I'd like to marry a guy I love and trust. o-o; (Okay, not drug addict or alcholic. x-x)
And promise not to abuse me, of course.
Money is no problem...because..we can both work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:21 pm
Teh Vampy
yalie5
Teh Vampy
yalie5
Teh Vampy

Yeah. xd

I'd like to marry a guy I love and trust. o-o; (Okay, not drug addict or alcholic. x-x)
And promise not to abuse me, of course.
Money is no problem...because..we can both work.

lol you'd have to be mental to trust a drug addict or a alcoholic. and you know just cause they promise doesn't mean they won't do it. guys promise you alot of things when they're trying to get you. and yeah. a working girl. that's good. i hate the kind of girls who thinks that just cause they're married they can act spoiled and get whatever they want. (mainly cause they married a rich guy)
@dasg: yeah you could. or you can have no shame at all and tell them f*ck off.  

yalie5

~leng.mui~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:23 am
my father's grandparents thought for arranged marriages..so my father was arranged with my mother...

my father is really old fashioned and talks about things like this, but then, we're not in Hina or HK or taiwan..so he doesn't express this much..another goo dthing is that he is in CHina..my mother, my brother and i are in Canada  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:51 pm
hmm... does it count as an arranged marriage cause you had to marry your spouse cause you got knocked up by them?  

yalie5

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:08 pm
yalie5
hmm... does it count as an arranged marriage cause you had to marry your spouse cause you got knocked up by them?

Nope.
People have the option to get married and raise the child together or unmarried.
They could abort or put the child up for adoption or just ditch the other spouse.

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff