Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelic Alchemist Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:22 am
Reo just stated what I was thinking smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:20 am
I believe that women should be allowed to decide what is best for them and whether they are willing to go through nine months of drastic bodily changes, changes to the way society treats them and even impact on their education, career or family life; people are allowed to decide for themselves whether donating blood, bone marrow or kidneys is right for them. It's about bodily integrity, being non-judgemental, putting born, conscious women above unborn, insentient fetuses and allowing people with all of the facts and information to make decisions for themselves rather than forcing decisions on them.  

Foetus In Fetu

hikikomorihime

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:39 pm
Reinna Astarel
*wonders how she just got invited in*

So anyways, I spend most of my time lurking in the Abortion debate threads, and I was wondering what the athiest populace here had to say about it.

I'm politically pro-choice.
I'm personally pro-abortion. If I got pregnant (assuming I ever have another relationship with a male, but at the moment I'm strictly chickly again), I'd abort it without a thought. I'd prefer that more people followed my example, but I believe in freewill, so I'd dare not prosyltize my opinion on the matter.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:46 pm
Eternalnight666
Sors
I'm pro-abortion on general just to piss of the new lifers in my town.
But I believe abortion should be more of a back-up for rape victims who become pregnant, not some back-up for dumb sluts who get knocked up by their boyfriends when they forget to take their pill. stare

But you must understand pills and condoms don't always work. And thier not working doesn't make the person a slut. I believe sex after marrige is best but if to people are in love you know... I know condoms and pills are about 80-99% effective if used corectly. Condoms can tare so easily (too much friction, not put on corectly, a nail may puctiure) and they can slip. I really dislike the fact that you said [not some back-up for dumb sluts who get knocked up by their boyfriends when they forget to take their pill.] As effective as they are you have to take them at the same time everyday, a minor miss on time can get you pregnant. Thats Stereotyping people who have sex and get pregnant.

Oh random Info about semen! 3nodding
~Men normaly only 'lose' about 1 tsp though it seems like more
~1tsp semen has 10 calories lol

Also, an astonishing number of MARRIED women have abortions. ^_^ Well, not astonishing to me, but astonishing to the people who think getting married is the "cure" for not wanting children/not being able to afford children/etc.  

hikikomorihime

hikikomorihime

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:49 pm
puresilver
I think we should all juust stay out of eachother's business.

BEST OPINION ON THE MATTER! heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:45 pm
Foetus In Fetu
I believe that women should be allowed to decide what is best for them and whether they are willing to go through nine months of drastic bodily changes, changes to the way society treats them and even impact on their education, career or family life; people are allowed to decide for themselves whether donating blood, bone marrow or kidneys is right for them. It's about bodily integrity, being non-judgemental, putting born, conscious women above unborn, insentient fetuses and allowing people with all of the facts and information to make decisions for themselves rather than forcing decisions on them.
Yeah but, my problem is the timing. Don't want kids, get birth control. Forgot you pill / it didn't work, take the day after pill. Hell, why ya having unprotected sex if you don't wanna kid? I can see a lot of ways to prevent it from going as far as abortion. Rape victims should be given the day after pill imediately, and they're not expensive or hard to get. Hell, if you're really scared, go to a theme park and ride a few roller coasters. The only time I can see aborting be "nessesary" is when birth control failed, too far along for the pill, and ya know you can't afford it. Right?  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

MarkTheWise

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:43 pm
Pro-choice, but I would like to see fewer abortions done and more birth control sold.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:55 am
Dathu
The only time I can see aborting be "nessesary" is when birth control failed, too far along for the pill, and ya know you can't afford it. Right?

Yeah, you're absolutely right. I don't think many people would choose to have unprotected sex and then serial abortions if they knew better or could get ahold of contraception. The problem is that many people are misinformed, don't know about contraception, or have false information about side effects or effectiveness that put them off.  

Foetus In Fetu

To Escape Detection

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:21 pm
~x.X.x~

Pro-choice. If the baby can't make it out in the world without special treatment, it's not a person yet. It's just a fetus. Even with third trimester--some people don't want to tell their parents, if they're teenagers who had unprotected sex. Some people have to have time to get the money to even have an abortion. Some people run into situations near the last minute that would just make it horrible on the baby if it came out into that world.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:31 pm
I think women should have the right to choose. It just upsets me when people use it as a birth control after thought. I would personally never get an abortion, but I would never tell anyone else what to do.

Helloooooo fence sitter.

Xiporah

xeagle01

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:52 am
Dathu
Foetus In Fetu
Yeah but, my problem is the timing. Don't want kids, get birth control. Forgot you pill / it didn't work, take the day after pill. Hell, why ya having unprotected sex if you don't wanna kid? I can see a lot of ways to prevent it from going as far as abortion. Rape victims should be given the day after pill imediately, and they're not expensive or hard to get. Hell, if you're really scared, go to a theme park and ride a few roller coasters. The only time I can see aborting be "nessesary" is when birth control failed, too far along for the pill, and ya know you can't afford it. Right?

Many rape victims are afraid to report rapes. They feel unclean and actually feel at fault. It is a deeply disturbing thing. It is unnerving having your house broken into, but when your own body isn't yours anymore. Many victims go to a point where they will have break downs, but they don't tell people they were raped. It isn't as easy as it seems to just go report it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:55 am
Another interesting thing... A governor somewhere... I forgot where.. stated that the life begins at the time of conception. A month later, his son was caught drinking under age. In his defence, he stated that since life began at time of conception, he was not 20 years and 5 months, he was 21 years and 2 months and could legally drink. I found that amusing.  

xeagle01

Maki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:35 pm
I'm pro-abortion of dumbasses of age 15 and up. If they haven't grown a brain by the age of 15, weed them out. stare

Seriously, though.. Abortion should be a choice of the mother and not of the father, uncle, neice, doctor, church or whomever wants to have a say in it.
Hence I'm against forced abortion, yet find no harm in when the would-be mother decides to let the foetus die.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:42 pm
There are many logical reasons a mother-may-be may choose abortion. I am pro-choice. If a pregnant girl or woman was raped, which includes coerced sex or if she was not in a state of conset such as being drunk, then there is no reason she should have to go through pregnacy. If she is unstable, financially, physically, or emotionally, she should not be forced to go through pregnancy. The list goes on, and gets incredibly mundane.  

Kyrkran

[Satan]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:15 am
Dathu
Foetus In Fetu
You forget to add "drinking a lot of beer". sweatdrop  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces