PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:16 am
Oh my...how scandalous o_o well as long as we have admin's permission!! XD
Hmm...among my favorite manga:

Yami no Matsuei
Alichino
E's
Anything by Ayano Yamane
Anything by Kazusa Takashima
DOGS by Miwa Shirou (looking for its sequel...-_-)
Anything by Aya Kanno (I finished Hokusou Shinsengumi, now I'm following Aku Saga)
Wild Adapter
Saiyuuki Gaiden
Death Note
Eyeshield 21 (to be released by Viz under special line for older boys -_-; well at least this will keep Hiruma's colorful language intact)
+Anima (not very intellectual, but cute as all hell)
W-Juliet (I'm not ususually one for fluffy shoujo titles, but if I had to read one, I'd read this one)

I'll uh...end the list there o_O  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:36 am
Other mangas I love...

Alichino... The art's gorgeous
Black Cat... It gives me a reprieve from the angst
Fullmetal Alchemist... Arakawa's my favorite artist after Kaori Yuki
Death Note... The cast is just... Wow!

And maybe, just maybe... Yami No Matsuei?  

Shura Yukihime

Bemused Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:46 am
Oh, if we can go off topic, then my favorite manga other than those by Kaori Yuki-sensei would be

Alichino- yes, yes, beautiful art, just wish they had/would (?) publish the 4th volume
Blade of the Immortal - beautiful, beautiful, gorgeous art. Amazing fight scenes, great plot (IMO), wonderful characters, and such pretty, pretty weapons....
Bleach- fun manga. Cried couple times in it, poor Orihime. The art has a...style that I like, can't really describe.
Fruits Basket- one of my favorite shoujo manga. Love all the characters, and so hearwarming.
Berserk- one of the most gory things I've ever seen/read. Lots of great fighting scenes, addicting, and sad. No wonder my brother said not to get too attached to most of the characters.

Yeah, unfortunately my brain died at this point, so....  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:25 am
Vi Sparklemist
A very long and informative review on the manga Candy Candy.

Ooh, it sounds god... When you say it's hard to get I take it it's not licensed? And you lost the site. Too bad, but I'll keep my eyes open!

Rei_Kazeko
Blade of the Immortal - beautiful, beautiful, gorgeous art. Amazing fight scenes, great plot (IMO), wonderful characters, and such pretty, pretty weapons....

Wow, you like BotI too? whee I love that manga so much! It was one of the first mangas I ever read , (one of the few mangas transkated-and dropped- mangas in Sweden). I love the way you really get to know the enemies too, so that you don't know which side is right...  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:21 am
Sanekazura

Ooh, it sounds god... When you say it's hard to get I take it it's not licensed? And you lost the site. Too bad, but I'll keep my eyes open!

I heard rumours it was licensed in France, but other than that; nope.
At least not as far as I know.
(Damn, I knew I should've learned French instead of German.. xp )  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:55 pm
Vi Sparklemist
Sanekazura

(Damn, I knew I should've learned French instead of German.. xp )

Candy Candy...that's by Igarashi Yumiko right?  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Bemused Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:34 pm
I was able to read all of Candy Candy on some website...can't remember where though... Such a sweet manga. Did I cry, I think I did....mah. Oh, I remember I got a candy candy t-shirt in Korea when i was little, never actually wore it though....

And yes, I love BotI. But I have to read it off my computer since my brother's the one buying the manga and I hate just buying a few manga volumes and not the whole thing, and it seems like a waste having two of the same manga in the same household, so....*sigh* I love that fact about BotI. My two favorite characters are/were enemies, Tai Tai, and Maki. Also loved Anotsu, but getting to love him now....yeah. There's only one major enemy that they showed that I can think of that I hate (stupid Shira)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:05 am
Sai-kun

Yep. You know her works?

Rei_Kazeko
I was able to read all of Candy Candy on some website...can't remember where though... Such a sweet manga. Did I cry, I think I did....mah. Oh, I remember I got a candy candy t-shirt in Korea when i was little, never actually wore it though....

Isn't it whee
And that site... Heh. It doesn't seem to like us. Perhaps it's not even up anymore.  

Vi Sparklemist

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:32 pm
Vi Sparklemist
Sai-kun

Yep. You know her works?

I know her artwork, its kinda classic in shoujo manga, isn't it? ^_^ (Even Excel Saga kinda spoofed on her art style).
I'm not a huge fan of her stuff though, I dont really like old school manga...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:21 am
Sai-kun

I know her artwork, its kinda classic in shoujo manga, isn't it? ^_^ (Even Excel Saga kinda spoofed on her art style).
I'm not a huge fan of her stuff though, I dont really like old school manga...

Well it's damn cute anyway (Too cute sometimes, everyone look so young sweatdrop )  

Vi Sparklemist

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:37 am
Rei_Kazeko
And yes, I love BotI. But I have to read it off my computer since my brother's the one buying the manga and I hate just buying a few manga volumes and not the whole thing, and it seems like a waste having two of the same manga in the same household, so....*sigh* I love that fact about BotI. My two favorite characters are/were enemies, Tai Tai, and Maki. Also loved Anotsu, but getting to love him now....yeah. There's only one major enemy that they showed that I can think of that I hate (stupid Shira)

I'm the one buying the series here, but it will take me some time to get all the volumes, since they're sooo expensive. xp
Shira... he's that sadistic macho guy who eats the dog, right? If it is, I detest him too. I think my favorite characters are Anotsu and Rin. She's always struggling with the moralic questions, and the answers are pending.

Vi Sparklemist

(Damn, I knew I should've learned French instead of German.. )

Ah, the french manga... That's how I want manga to be! Good printing, a reasonable price... I would like to buy myself some manga in french, but going to France only for that reason doesn't seem like a good deal...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:13 am
Boys Next Door was the first Kaori Yuki manga I ever read. It holds a special place in my heart because of it. I really liked how she portrayed the teacher and his past, not to mention the relationship between characters.

So ranking the ones I've read it tends to go

1. Boys Next Door
2. Ludwig
3. Angel Sanctuary
4. Kaine
5. Blood Hound

I really need to read Cain...and I found a scantilations site who has it *grumbles* There'e not enough time in the day.  

Whoop Rico 4

BlackHat
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:29 pm
Kaori Yuki

1)Boys Next Door(I think this one mentally captured most people's hearts the best)

2)Angel Sanctuary( I love the running plot,its gone so long without getting stupid or pointless)

3)Ludwig(0_0 Its hot!...but to short*bites Yuki-sensei*)

4)Kaine(The end was so sad! This was the first thing I ever read by Yuki-sensei,and after all this time I still re read it)

5)Neji(This one just plain scared me...)

Non Yuki

1)Death Note(in my opinion~best manga ever)

2)Full Moon Wo Sagashite(Because I love Meroko,and I am a sucker for cute)

3)Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden(Basically it took the perfect elements from all manga and shoved it in as a whole)

4)Shoujo Kakemei Utena(Its bizzareness has never failed to make me pleased~ and I luff shoujo ai^_-)

5)Heaven(I just started reading this and its love at first site. I have only read manga one and I can't find it anywhere..its really depressing!)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:47 pm
Boys Next Door and Count/Earl Cain. 3nodding

BND was a bit too angsty, seeing as I'm accustomed to reading action/adventure/comedy/fantasy, but it was a nice change.

Takarai Hideto

Hilarious Genius

3,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:04 am
Takarai Hideto
Boys Next Door and Count/Earl Cain. 3nodding

BND was a bit too angsty, seeing as I'm accustomed to reading action/adventure/comedy/fantasy, but it was a nice change.

Too angsty? Nah, there's nothing like too much angst.

And welcome to the guild by the way! 3nodding  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces