Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Life and ants. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:18 pm
H20 arrow magic arrow ANYTHING, silly.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:09 pm
KirbyVictorious
H20 arrow magic arrow ANYTHING, silly.

nah uh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....... i saw it on a chalk board it clearly said

water ----> sugar

A kid i know was staring at it blankly when i walked into class, I walked up next to him and stared at it for a few moments too, then I wrote the word "magic" over the arrow and he said "Ohhhhhhhhhhh"

and thats why chanuka harry is real.  

NovaKing

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:24 pm
and in his castle the curious duke of endlington ( an island in the midle of the atlantic that no ones ever heard of or seen ) sudenly shot out of bed with the curious prodding feeling that he should be questing some where for some reason. Being unable to explain this cryptic feeling at the pit of his stumach, he decided to write to his aquintence the queen of everything, (a small strip of land whos penguin name actually equates to the word unimportant and cold) her ladyship Kirby kirbious pinks pinkrodregess the eigth, who was amazingly insightful and would most certainly know what to do with this peculiar and unexplained feeling.

And so the duke of endlington rushed to the nearest desk and started scratching out small talk to open the letter with. After he had successfully written an invigorating essay about the mild weather in endlington he added at the bottom:

PS. I had the sudden urge last night to embark on quest of some sort. I dont suppose you could tell me what i should do with this feeling. Its probably nothing but i was dreaming about a dark figure looming over a sphere with a whole bunch of bright dots in the background, before I woke up with the feeling. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:30 pm
Sphere with white dots? Kirby shook her head sadly. I do believe you have polylunastasis fever, good sir. Shame, shame...however, it can be cured.  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:31 pm
KirbyVictorious
Sphere with white dots? Kirby shook her head sadly. I do believe you have polylunastasis fever, good sir. Shame, shame...however, it can be cured.

do it in story form!!!! ( dont let them know you live in this reality!!!!!!!!@$#&*%^
@$#^@$#TQW$(&@$#(%*!WEQ
$*(%^@#&^ )  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:58 pm
That WAS story form!

A lot of good writers didn't use quotation marks around dialogue, or paraphrased. Like Raj Kamal Jha, James Frey...  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:04 pm
KirbyVictorious
That WAS story form!

A lot of good writers didn't use quotation marks around dialogue, or paraphrased. Like Raj Kamal Jha, James Frey...

yeah but i started out in third person narative. which gave me much more lienency to describe the atributes of my characters suroundings.

also I implied that you should respond by naming the character kirby but added to the extra parts to make sure you knew that it was still a character and not implied to be yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:07 pm
Haahahahahahahahaha.

Every time I say Kirby, believe me, it IS a character.

hee hee...
I'm off to bed, though...finish this tomorrow...maybe.  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:19 pm
KirbyVictorious
Haahahahahahahahaha.

Every time I say Kirby, believe me, it IS a character.

hee hee...
I'm off to bed, though...finish this tomorrow...maybe.

alright good night my queen * bows so that his nose is touching the floor*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:40 pm
Afternoon.

Get that nose off the floor, you'll get snot on my fluffy pink carpet.

So...

Why hasn't anyone read my story?  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:47 pm
KirbyVictorious
Afternoon.

Get that nose off the floor, you'll get snot on my fluffy pink carpet.

So...

Why hasn't anyone read my story?

i've been busy, and you have to reply to my boredom post first.

( do it in third person so that you can tell me everything you do..

Ill be reading for the time being)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:03 pm
Kirby sits upon her throne, yawning regally, scrubbing her twin blades with an oiled rag. They are Ghymeni--in the old language, Star Twins--Helas rests in her lap, Aridella by her side. Sun and Moon, yin and yang, and when she is done, each would be as bright and shining as the other.

Finishing her task and placing Ghymeni in their sheath, and this on the back of her marble throne, she looks around her for a moment. Her eyes miss nothing, sharp ears catching the tiniest sounds. The hall is wide and grand, the floor stretching as far as the eye could see in every direction, a tactic used by her forefathers to show visitors the extent of their hospitality, leave room for the guitar-and-tambourine band at parties, and frighten the living hell out of enemies, when they arrived, usually bound and gagged, at the foot of the throne. Only on one occurence had a dark one come in here of his free will, cross the hall, and step right in front of the throne, magic glistening at his fingertips. A dark day, which still lived in infamy and fear. Kirby shuddered.

Previously, the hall had been silent save for the scurryings of tiny mice, but now she heard something. A door opening, footsteps echoing. She heard him long before he came into view and stopped fifteen feet away, bowing.

"Your Grace," he said politely. She sighed.

"Oh, it's just you, Nova."  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:27 pm
KirbyVictorious
Kirby sits upon her throne, yawning regally, scrubbing her twin blades with an oiled rag. They are Ghymeni--in the old language, Star Twins--Helas rests in her lap, Aridella by her side. Sun and Moon, yin and yang, and when she is done, each would be as bright and shining as the other.

Finishing her task and placing Ghymeni in their sheath, and this on the back of her marble throne, she looks around her for a moment. Her eyes miss nothing, sharp ears catching the tiniest sounds. The hall is wide and grand, the floor stretching as far as the eye could see in every direction, a tactic used by her forefathers to show visitors the extent of their hospitality, leave room for the guitar-and-tambourine band at parties, and frighten the living hell out of enemies, when they arrived, usually bound and gagged, at the foot of the throne. Only on one occurence had a dark one come in here of his free will, cross the hall, and step right in front of the throne, magic glistening at his fingertips. A dark day, which still lived in infamy and fear. Kirby shuddered.

Previously, the hall had been silent save for the scurryings of tiny mice, but now she heard something. A door opening, footsteps echoing. She heard him long before he came into view and stopped fifteen feet away, bowing.

"Your Grace," he said politely. She sighed.

"Oh, it's just you, Nova."

[grumble grumble grumble!! domokun ]

The king of endlington had aparently decided not to use the pigeon service traditionally provided to him, but to instead send his bright, devistatingly handsom, and slightly dazed nephew Nova-elous the second. Of course, it was a terribly long treck to arctic; but the king wanted to get rid of his nephew so he could spend some alone time with several of his secret mistresses. Also, Queen Kirby never took kindly to pigeons or any sort of message carring thing for that matter; and, considering the weight of the letter, he thought there might be a chance that she wouldnt kill the message boy if it was some one she knew. Nova and the Queen had met once at a wizards party where the two had a mildly uninteresting conversation about the difference between a dagger and a dirk.

So there he stood, wearing cerimonial leather, dyed blue with gold scales overlapping eachother down the chest. At his side, he wore a briliant scabbered decorated with rubies and golden foil, but without a sword to accompany it. Nova looked rather uinterested, as always, and said nothing to the queen when she greeted him. He merely aproched her thrown, bowed, laid the parchment on a wooden table infront of her thrown, and then retreated to the other side of the throne room as quickly as he could.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:03 pm
"Get back here," Kirby commanded calmly, taking the parchment on the table and unrolling it for her to read. Nova-elous ( xd ) silently obeyed, standing at her left side as she leaned back and glanced over the letter.

"Well, well, well," she muttered. "The King decided to send the bright, devastatingly handsome, and slightly dazed pigeon this time. I hope it's good, I can't afford t--"

She froze, her eyebrows meeting in a thin line as something on the parchment caught her eye. As she scanned the letter, her expression grew steadily darker and darker, until at one line, her eyes widened in shock. She jumped up, ripping the letter into halves, quarters, eighths, sixteenths, and burning the shreds with magic.

"Come on," she snapped to Nova-elous, beckoning him to follow. "We're leaving."

"I beg your pardon, Your Grace?" he replied cautiously, quite confused as to the whereabouts and means of leaving. She turned to face him, impatience making her fingers twitch restlessly, her eyes burn with determination.

"Move your tail, little pigeon. you're taking me to Enlington."

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

Nova-elous stared at her. She could not possibly be serious. The Queen looked the last person to be traveling anywhere but to her throne room. Tall and lithe, her every move spoke of royalty, and her sleeveless scarlet dress, that was gold-trimmed and left her slim waist bare, the bottom swishing around her ankles, was fine imported cloth, inlaid with jewels from the dwarven mines in the south. It was accompanied by a gold-embroidered red sash draped across one shoulder, high-heeled black boots that clicked on the stone floor, a bloody dragon tooth on a gold chain, and a dragon-scale comb in her long dark hair. Even her features set her apart in a crowd; the thin, arched eyebrows, red lips, and dark, intense eyes had been set in the face of royalty since the monarchy began. There was no way she could travel anywhere unnoticed like that.

"Um, Your Grace...?"

She grabbed her tough leather sheath with one hand, his wrist in the other, and steered him down the hall. "There's no time for that," she said quickly, shoving him to his left. "Tell the kitchen maids to ready you a pack. Make sure there's enough for both of us, for at least two weeks. And water too. Anything you find suitable. I'll get us some commoner's clothes. Meet me at the door."

He nodded, completely lost. "Your Grace...is something..."

She turned on her heel, staring him down with her powerful eyes. "This is urgent," she said, slowly and clearly. "Aidastosa is in grave danger. If we don't hurry, there may well be a new Darkest Day on the horizon."  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:26 pm
KirbyVictorious
"Get back here," Kirby commanded calmly, taking the parchment on the table and unrolling it for her to read. Nova-elous ( xd ) silently obeyed, standing at her left side as she leaned back and glanced over the letter.

"Well, well, well," she muttered. "The King decided to send the bright, devastatingly handsome, and slightly dazed pigeon this time. I hope it's good, I can't afford t--"

She froze, her eyebrows meeting in a thin line as something on the parchment caught her eye. As she scanned the letter, her expression grew steadily darker and darker, until at one line, her eyes widened in shock. She jumped up, ripping the letter into halves, quarters, eighths, sixteenths, and burning the shreds with magic.

"Come on," she snapped to Nova-elous, beckoning him to follow. "We're leaving."

"I beg your pardon, Your Grace?" he replied cautiously, quite confused as to the whereabouts and means of leaving. She turned to face him, impatience making her fingers twitch restlessly, her eyes burn with determination.

"Move your tail, little pigeon. you're taking me to Enlington."

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

Nova-elous stared at her. She could not possibly be serious. The Queen looked the last person to be traveling anywhere but to her throne room. Tall and lithe, her every move spoke of royalty, and her sleeveless scarlet dress, that was gold-trimmed and left her slim waist bare, the bottom swishing around her ankles, was fine imported cloth, inlaid with jewels from the dwarven mines in the south. It was accompanied by a gold-embroidered red sash draped across one shoulder, high-heeled black boots that clicked on the stone floor, a bloody dragon tooth on a gold chain, and a dragon-scale comb in her long dark hair. Even her features set her apart in a crowd; the thin, arched eyebrows, red lips, and dark, intense eyes had been set in the face of royalty since the monarchy began. There was no way she could travel anywhere unnoticed like that.

"Um, Your Grace...?"

She grabbed her tough leather sheath with one hand, his wrist in the other, and steered him down the hall. "There's no time for that," she said quickly, shoving him to his left. "Tell the kitchen maids to ready you a pack. Make sure there's enough for both of us, for at least two weeks. And water too. Anything you find suitable. I'll get us some commoner's clothes. Meet me at the door."

He nodded, completely lost. "Your Grace...is something..."

She turned on her heel, staring him down with her powerful eyes. "This is urgent," she said, slowly and clearly. "Aidastosa is in grave danger. If we don't hurry, there may well be a new Darkest Day on the horizon."

-gasp- shes a witch she heard me narating even though shes not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! burn her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Nova-elous, brave, and dashing and cordial as he was, didnt quite feel like going on a life threatoning quest, all he wanted was a good hearty meal, some wine, and perhaps some compensation for his long journey. After all, They had brave nights who sat at oddly shaped tables for that sort of stuff. Nova-elous told her this, in fact. But she only yanked venomously at his wrist and told him that either he went, or just his arm did. Luckily the castle of everything ( which, again, means cold and uniteresting- or so the penguins who live there insist) was quite large and even her highness was liable to get lost once and a while; and it just so happened that they did get lost, so Nova-elous could mull over his options a little more.

They were standing in the middle of a snow covered opening, surounded by statues of galiant knights and penguins. Queen kirby leaned against one of the more galaint penguins with her head staring pensivly down at the floor. Finnaly Nova thought of something.

"My lady?" The queen jumped and glared at him as if he was some unwelcome insect buzzing near her ear. Nova-elous ignored her though.
"Won't we need horses for our trip? I mean the sort of horses that can treck through a snow storm?"

"Snow storm?" she replied to the floor whome she had obviously found much more interesting. Again, he ignored her gesture and went on.

"Yes, the one that followed in my wake. It is winter in esterland you know." (esterland happened to be the place that surounded everything. Oddly, in penguin, the name means "slightly more interesting then the place i suround."  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff