Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Pre-Purple Stuff
Harry Potter RolePlay: (Series based: RP/CP) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

House:
  Gryffindor,
  Ravenclaw,
  HufflePuff,
  Slytherin.
View Results

Satyr Marsyas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:16 am
Cre smiled; At least there was someone who shared her discontent with the subject. Not the teacher but the subject; Proffessor Sprout was a nice lady don't get Cre wrong but still... there was always a thing where Herbology bored her. People started to appear in groups of two's and threes with an odd one every here and there.

Proffessor Sprout returned to the door of the class and gestured to the class that it was OK to come in. "Today we are going to be looking at Bubotor puss," she said unlocking the Green house and letting her class walk in.
"Now, first off I would like to welcome you to your fourth year of Herbology" she smiled at them before marking the roll.
After her class had settled down she proceeded with the lesson, instructing them to each get a tray.
"Now," she said clapping her hands together "can someone please tell me what the uses of Bubotor puss is?" she asked looking around at the faces of her students.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:05 pm
She raised her hand slightly, cocked her head to one side, and sighed loudly. If she had to sit through this ridiculous class, she may as well speed things along by answering the questions quickly. Without waiting for a reply from Professor Sprout, she said in a monotone, "Bubotuber pus is dangerous to come in direct contact with the skin, but when diluted, it can be used as a cure for acne." She wrinkled her nose slightly, knowing what they were about to get into. Marvelous way to start the year, she thought to herself sarcastically.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

shinobi_jana

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:51 am
She shifted nervously and rolled her eyes at the back of the Slytherin's head. Those Slytherin's were always such show-offs. But she hadn't planned on answering the question anyway, so it didn't much matter. She sighed and wished again that class were over already. A little time magic would be greatly useful right about now. Her foot tapped absent-mindedly on the ground, and she started to hum a half-remembered song from too many years ago. Something, anything, to pass the time. She glaced at a plant to the side of the greenhouse and wiggled a finger at it. It wiggled a vine in return, and she wished for a moment that she had paid more attention in previous herbology classes. If she were greeting a plant, she'd rather know what kind. Academics weren't something she paid much attention to.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:28 am
Minerva watched the student land with a loud sniff. She watched her enter the greenhouse and made a mental note to keep an eye on that one. With a last pointed glare over her glasses she entered the office and closed the door softly behind her.  

afterdark_angel

Satyr Marsyas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:21 am
"Precisely!" Proffessor Sprout said, smiling at her student "now for today we will be studying the plant and next lesson we will be collecting the puss as they have not fully matured enough to pop".
A collective groan issued from the students at the thought of 'popping' the green shinny swellings on the plant.
"Oh now don't be like that" she said, hands on hips as she looked at them with a motherly smile "It's quite therapeutic once you really get into it, I want you each to draw this plant and label it for me."

Cremuex looked at the Slytherin in suprise; Thats two Slytherins she knew that were good at Herbology. Sighing and grabbing her quill and drawing starting to draw the plant that Proffessor sprout had on display all around the sides of the third greenhouse. Well... Drawing isn't too bad. Actually... she enjoyed drawing. Not really WHAT she was drawing but actually having to TOUCH it next lesson would be much worse.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:13 am
Drawing?! She was horrified. She was terribly at anything artsy. Couldn't the professor have asked them to wrestle it to the ground or something? Anything but drawing. Well, honestly, she wasn't looking forward to touching them, either. But she would actually have preferred to get that over with than put quill to parchment. Muttering to herself, she sketched a rough plant-like shape in her notebook. It ended up looking more like a battered sock puppet than a bubotuber. She gritted her teeth, flipped the page, and started over. Keeping her eyes on a plant near her, she drew the quill across the page slowly, glancing at it every now and then. This would take forever, but at least it would look better than the drawing of a two-year-old.  

shinobi_jana

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:13 am
Adolfine easily did a quick sketch of a bubotuber without even looking up at one. She knew their appearance by heart. So far, this class was proving to be as dull as she had expected. She labeled her drawing with a neat script and glanced around at the other students. One, a Gryffindor by her robe, was still struggling with the quill in a nervous manner that told Adolfine that she unused to drawing anything. The others were progressing easily enough, and one or two were finished, as well. The only drawback to being good at something was that you always had to wait for everyone else to catch up. A sudden thought occurred to her, and she turned the pages of her notebook. On a blank page, she began to sketch something more interesting. She guided the quill around the curve of the cloak. She wondered how many of the students here had ever seen a Dementor. Probably few of them, if any. She finished her drawing and surveyed it happily. It was good. She turned back to the bubotuber as the rest of the class finished their drawings.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:35 pm
((Just to let you know I'm still here but haven't really got anything to write atm.))  

afterdark_angel

Satyr Marsyas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:22 pm
Cre was alright with the drawing parts; She even added in some shading and as good of a shining effect as she could do with her quill and ink. The labelling was the harder of the things. Pondering what she wanted to write and what Proffessor Sprout probably wanted her to write were probably different knowing her. Cre pondered for a bit more and wished that Sylvia were there to copy off. No such luck however. Sighing and dipping her quill one last time before putting it back into action. Apart from the normal labellings Sylvia would have put something noted about this specific version; But Cre knew very little of plants and herbs beyond cooking. Writting the last off her labels "The swellings of this diagram are not yet properly matured. At an older age they will get leaves on them as this diagram does not display."

The bell rang, echoing relief through out the school; However many just from the greenhouses (or so she thought). The next lesson would be better though. She smiled and packed up her ink, quill and leather bound parchment books into her hip bag. This seemed to wake Slithers though; Popping his little gecko head out from her pocket. Slithers watched where they were going, licking the air every now and then.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:02 pm
Professor Trelawney walked slowly toward the stairs to her office. She had seen Professor McGonagall enter her own office moments before. Suddenly she saw something that made her panic. A white moth flitted into the castle through one of the windows in the hall. It flew up higher and landed on the wall, just out of reach. "Oh dear, oh dear, oh no!" she whispered, her eyes bugging out. McGonagall's office was the closest, so she was the logical choice both as the intended target of the prediction and as the nearest help. On the other hand, Sybill had been the only person in the hallway at that moment. Either way, she had to tell someone. She ran to the office door, knocked loudly, and opened it without waiting for an answer from within. She stepped quickly inside, breathing heavily, and closed the door behind her. "My dear, we have a grave problem! There will be a death in the castle very soon! The white moth has foretold it!"  

Red Mystic Kitsune

afterdark_angel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:28 am
Professor McGonagall looked up from her desk with a frown. Nobly restraining herself from rolling her eyes, she carefully laid down her quill and gave Professor Trelawney her full attention. "What is it, Sybil? What has happened?"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:34 am
She scratched desperately at the paper, hurrying to finish the last few lines as the bell rang. It looked quite rough, but it would have to do. She hastily wrote the name and added a comment about the use of the plant's pus that the Slytherin girl had been talking about. She didn't know what else to do. So she packed up her things and headed back out into fresh air, taking a deep breath. A smile grew slowly across her face, and she relished the breeze. She was itching to get back up into the air, but she'd better wait until the other students had dispersed. She turned and headed toward the spot where she had left her broomstick.  

shinobi_jana

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:35 pm
Relieved to be out of the greenhouse and free to leave the company of her fellow students, Adolfine stalked back to the castle. She made her way to the library and settled into a comfy chair in a corner to page through her Dark Arts textbook. She had made it through that class and hoped that the next one would be as easy. She heard a mewling and looked down to see Crim at the foot of the chair. The cat jumped onto the arm and sat next to her. "Avoiding the crowds, I see," Adolfine said, smiling at her familiar. "Well, I sympathize. Would you like to read with me?" She opened the book wider, and the two of them sat there, absorbed in their reading.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:01 am
Sybill widened her eyes and spoke softly, like she would to her class, "A white moth fluttered through the window and landed on the wall. There will be a death in the castle. Soon. Perhaps this month. Possibly you or myself, even." She collapsed into a chair in front of the desk and added, "There's nothing we can do, really. It has been foretold. We should warn the other faculty, but there's no reason to alarm the students. It may be one of them, but it is far more likely to one of us." She sat up and stared into the distance, "I wonder how I will die. A fall? In my sleep? My great aunt Sophia had an allergic reaction to kelp and died painfully because she refused any assistance. She was rather senile, you know. I imagine it will be some sort of accident. Or perhaps, death will simply come for me." She slumped back into the chair and closed her eyes to await her fate.  

Red Mystic Kitsune

afterdark_angel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:01 am
Minerva tried to appear sympathetic but dropped the look when Trelawney closed her eyes.

"Calm down Sybil, there's no need to worry about it yet. It might be weeks before anything happens." She cast around for something more helpful, "It might even be one of the animals that dies, Sybil. An old pet maybe... natural causes."

Pre-Purple Stuff

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff