Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What if...? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:37 am
Marguerite Blakeney
crying i'm sorry! please don't eat me! i was just asking what if wesker was never conveniently stabbed by tyrant, and suddenly became super-human by his next appearance. basically, what if his plans went awry. forgive me master! i am not worthy! *bows* crying
We're not gonna eat you, the zombies will.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:18 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Marguerite Blakeney
crying i'm sorry! please don't eat me! i was just asking what if wesker was never conveniently stabbed by tyrant, and suddenly became super-human by his next appearance. basically, what if his plans went awry. forgive me master! i am not worthy! *bows* crying
We're not gonna eat you, the zombies will.

lol. well, that's a relief... i think... sweatdrop  

Marguerite Blakeney

Vankala

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:14 pm
Q: What if Ashley wasn't so useless and actually knew how to use a gun (or any other weapon) to defend herself??  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:24 pm
A: None of us would be bitching about how annoying she is and the world would be a better place.  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:59 pm
Kaworu__Nagisa
A: None of us would be bitching about how annoying she is and the world would be a better place.
New question, Kaworu?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:41 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Kaworu__Nagisa
New question, Kaworu?
I got nothing. sweatdrop I just wanted to answer that because it was a fun question. sweatdrop Sorry about that.  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

underweargnome

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:09 pm
-Needle-Queen-
A: Wesker wouldn't be all super human and quite a few games like Re:Cv and re4 wouldn't have been as interesting xP

Q: What if... Umbrealla were the good guys ad S.T.A.R.S were the bad guys?

From one perspective, that's not entirely wrong.

Though I definatly wouldn't right off the bat call the S.T.A.R.S. the bad guys, Umbrella isn't necessarily evil. Sure, biological weponry seems evil, but then you have to consider 'us vs. them mentality', and decide how many forien civilan lives each friendly soldier is worth.

How many American soldiers have died in Iraq? (not making a political statement, just a thought... btw don't try this at home) hundreds, thousands of american men and women dying. Immagine instead unleashing monsters which allow for zero casualties on your side at the cost of enemy civilians being harmed- unethical? Most people would say yes. The nemesis project goes a step further and wouldn't require civilian casualties- seeing as how this was one of umbrella's later projects, it shows they are focusing more on wepons which are more controlled, causing less civilian casualties.

Umbrella took a stand, they said- our brothers, our lives are important, and we will defend you tooth and claw, by any means necessary.

S.T.A.R.S., on the other hand, are trying to destroy umbrella- a company which helps research wepons for the U.S. government. Destorying umbrella weakens American defensive capabilities- in fact, to take it a step farther, I would go far enough to call S.T.A.R.S. a terrorist organization. They had been wronged, of course, and we can all sympathize with them, but it does not make what they are doing right.

And there is a narrow part of my view of the whole situation, biased completely to the point where 'what if' becomes reality.

Q: What if 10% of the population were naturally immune to the T-virus, and just to make things interesting, S.T.A.R.S. wasn't part of that 10%  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:28 pm
underweargnome
-Needle-Queen-
A: Wesker wouldn't be all super human and quite a few games like Re:Cv and re4 wouldn't have been as interesting xP

Though I definatly wouldn't right off the bat call the S.T.A.R.S. the bad guys, Umbrella isn't necessarily evil. Sure, biological weponry seems evil, but then you have to consider 'us vs. them mentality', and decide how many forien civilan lives each friendly soldier is worth.

How many American soldiers have died in Iraq? (not making a political statement, just a thought... btw don't try this at home) hundreds, thousands of american men and women dying. Immagine instead unleashing monsters which allow for zero casualties on your side at the cost of enemy civilians being harmed- unethical? Most people would say yes. The nemesis project goes a step further and wouldn't require civilian casualties- seeing as how this was one of umbrella's later projects, it shows they are focusing more on wepons which are more controlled, causing less civilian casualties.

Umbrella took a stand, they said- our brothers, our lives are important, and we will defend you tooth and claw, by any means necessary.

S.T.A.R.S., on the other hand, are trying to destroy umbrella- a company which helps research wepons for the U.S. government. Destorying umbrella weakens American defensive capabilities- in fact, to take it a step farther, I would go far enough to call S.T.A.R.S. a terrorist organization. They had been wronged, of course, and we can all sympathize with them, but it does not make what they are doing right.

And there is a narrow part of my view of the whole situation, biased completely to the point where 'what if' becomes reality.

Q: What if 10% of the population were naturally immune to the T-virus, and just to make things interesting, S.T.A.R.S. wasn't part of that 10%

Maybe more people would've survived Raccoon City.

What if the survivors of the mansion incident never actually escaped the mansion?  

StriderHayato

underweargnome

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:22 pm
StriderHayato
underweargnome
-Needle-Queen-

Maybe more people would've survived Raccoon City.

What if the survivors of the mansion incident never actually escaped the mansion?
Jill wouldn't get her own game (3)
What if capcom redid outbreak to use microphones, and made new levels?  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:27 pm
You'd have people be assholes and idiots like they tend to do with microphones, either talking like everyone cares, or playing loud music to annoy the hell out of others. And the other levels would only mean there would be more said assholes joining to play.

What if Resident Evil first came out as a 2D game for the 16 bit consoles such as SNES or Genesis?  

Biohazard EXTREME

silversquall

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:38 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
You'd have people be assholes and idiots like they tend to do with microphones, either talking like everyone cares, or playing loud music to annoy the hell out of others. And the other levels would only mean there would be more said assholes joining to play.

What if Resident Evil first came out as a 2D game for the 16 bit consoles such as SNES or Genesis?

A: There'd probably be a lot of threads questioning of whether or not Capcom would ever make a 3D RE game that would do justice to the original 2D games, lol.

Q: What if Resident Evil 4 still had a static camera?  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:43 pm
It would probably have kept the zombies too, and I probably would have enjoyed the storyline a whole lot more.

Q: What if they never brought back Wesker after his death in RE1?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Marguerite Blakeney

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:03 pm
A: I would cry, they'd have to find a new arch nemesis, and Hunk would be the only thing keeping RE4 Mercenaries cool after playing it through once or twice.

Q: What if the parasite in Ashley had matured before Leon could stop it?  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:30 pm
Marguerite Blakeney
A: I would cry, they'd have to find a new arch nemesis, and Hunk would be the only thing keeping RE4 Mercenaries cool after playing it through once or twice.

Q: What if the parasite in Ashley had matured before Leon could stop it?
I dunno, when I think about it, imagine if they made Nicholai the official Resident Evil villain and he was the one in all the mercenaries. I think that would be kind of cool.

A: If the parasite had matured... Then it would be as I predicted. And the game would be much better... Allow me to explain... Imagine if Leon set her down on that machine and the radiation killed her... Like, you spend the whole game protecting this annoying b***h, then she dies right in the end... That, my friends, is called "Character Arc complete, Goal incomplete..." It means he would escape safely and get out alive, but his ultimate mission would not be accomplished--aside from the fact that in the long run, he DID protect the US from a parasite invasion.

So then, they could go in any direction there. Leon could have been dismissed from service after like 5 years of training. Then anything could happen.

Q: What if Nicholai was Resident Evil's official villain?  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:07 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

Q: What if Nicholai was Resident Evil's official villain?

Answer:If Nicholai was Resident Evil's official villain, I'm pretty sure that our Resident Hero's would be in deeeep deeeeeeeep trouble. Wesker has goals, and we're mostly clear on what they are, Nicholai on the other hand, is completely shrouded in mystery. We have no idea where his loyalties lay (besides with Sergei, but now that he's no longer a part of the picture....) , or if they even lay anywhere that's tangible, or what he plans to do, except for the fact that it's all for himself. Nicholai is ruthless, and even if someone could be of use to him later, he will not think twice about erasing them, unlike Wesker, who works with the double-crossing Ada Wong.

Question:What if Alexia had actually teamed up with Wesker?

((Note: I do realize that I'm reviving an older thread, but I think it'll be fun to do some more speculating...))  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff