Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Count Cain *Spoilers aplenty now... Enter at own risk* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:15 am
Haku-Yume
ZetsumeiMitsukai
God Child is so sad. crying Poor Cain and RIff.

yea, they deserved better crying gonk

At least there was total closure. I think the end fits them well. They are tragic, flawed characters and they know it, they woud rather be with each other than anything else, no matter what the consequences.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:40 am
Sai-kun

At least there was total closure. I think the end fits them well. They are tragic, flawed characters and they know it, they woud rather be with each other than anything else, no matter what the consequences.

3nodding

Definitely agreed. But as far as I'm concerned, it's still a happy ending anyway. blaugh Jezebel redeemed himself and realized how much Cassian had cared for him, Cain and Riff ended up together...

But my sore spot is still Augusta. whee  

Shura Yukihime

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:28 am
Shura Yukihime
Sai-kun

3nodding

Definitely agreed. But as far as I'm concerned, it's still a happy ending anyway. blaugh Jezebel redeemed himself and realized how much Cassian had cared for him, Cain and Riff ended up together...

But my sore spot is still Augusta. whee

Augusta = psycho -_-
Jezebel/Cassian is such a lovely lovely pair...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:45 pm
Sai-kun

Augusta = psycho -_-

Agreed! Augusta nearly made the ending lose its charm... It should have ended with Cain and Riff dying together in the rockfall...

I don't think the absence of the prepared tomb would have made that much of a difference...

And yes! Jezebel/Cassian IS a great pair. Very sweet... And best of all, Jezebel realized Cassian's love for him in the end.  

Shura Yukihime

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:25 am
Shura Yukihime
Sai-kun

Augusta = psycho -_-

Agreed! Augusta nearly made the ending lose its charm... It should have ended with Cain and Riff dying together in the rockfall...

I don't think the absence of the prepared tomb would have made that much of a difference...

And yes! Jezebel/Cassian IS a great pair. Very sweet... And best of all, Jezebel realized Cassian's love for him in the end.

::pets Jezebel:: You arent alone anymore! It's so cute how Jezebel just stops pushing him away...

But I guess it was sorta nice to see what happened to everybody after the end...even if they werent necessarily the characters I wanted to know anything more about (with the exception of Dominique).  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:23 am
Sai-kun

::pets Jezebel:: You arent alone anymore! It's so cute how Jezebel just stops pushing him away...

But I guess it was sorta nice to see what happened to everybody after the end...even if they werent necessarily the characters I wanted to know anything more about (with the exception of Dominique).

Hehe... Yep! I really enjoyed the way KY used Dominique's silhoutte to sort of mislead the reader about the ending of Godchild... That Cain would return... But she didn't make any more mention of Snow Owl after his saying "Bye bye Cain..." But then again, DELILAH seemed to disappear after Alexis officially died, so can't really make any comments.

And Merry and Oscar make such a cute couple. blaugh  

Shura Yukihime

achromatic grey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:53 pm
Sai-kun
Haku-Yume
ZetsumeiMitsukai
God Child is so sad. crying Poor Cain and RIff.

yea, they deserved better crying gonk

I agree. the worst part for me actually was when riff turned. I was just sitting there going "...WHAT!?!....WHAT!?!?!?!! gonk scream " for about ten mins before I could continue. oh and that was without translations, just looking at the japanese raw. sweatdrop

the whole thing is so bittersweet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:28 am
I have read it and I think I am in the minority when I say 'I don't think Cain and Riff are gay.' My reasoning lies in that clearly if anything, Cain is bi and Riff, well his fiance, there wasn't really love present there so he might be. Also Riff came during Cains days of abuse. Could you love somebody who had seen you like that. Can it really be "romantic" love in that situation. Their relationship seems very close. A little more than the way I would treat my mother. I feel that Riff is rather a father/ or mother. Cain's disrupted childhood prevented him from leaving his past beheind and people like this (mentaly damanged people) often mentally stay the age that the 'events' happened (unable to move on). Cain is a child, who wants a parent and finds that in Riff.  

alicelights

alicelights

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:30 am
Shura Yukihime
Sai-kun

Hehe... Yep! I really enjoyed the way KY used Dominique's silhoutte to sort of mislead the reader about the ending of Godchild... That Cain would return... But she didn't make any more mention of Snow Owl after his saying "Bye bye Cain..." But then again, DELILAH seemed to disappear after Alexis officially died, so can't really make any comments.

And Merry and Oscar make such a cute couple. blaugh

Ah thank you! somebody else who holds my view. I think they are the cutest couple in the series. Exspecially after the 'Pleasure Gardens' story-arc... whee  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:47 am
Question; last book quite present>
The Question
By the end is Oscar and Merryweather relationship really "romantic love"?

My Thoughts
Sure it would appear that Oscar got Merry pregnant, but does doesn't nesesarilly mean anything but that. On the other hand, it was quite enough years for the relationship status to change (aka Merry turned from cute little girl into woman. In fact if it'd been suggested that he really felt anything more for Merry at that age...well...need I say more).

I for one don't cast Oscar aside for 'gay' (after all why was it he liked Cain in the first place, twas his fiance)and it is entirely posiable to love again (as Oscar proved as he moved from his fiance to Cain). Merry was a child when she met Oscar and they certainly got on pretty well (during the latter bookse exspecially).

To argue like a married couple - Oscar and Merry

alicelights

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:10 pm
alicelights
I have read it and I think I am in the minority when I say 'I don't think Cain and Riff are gay.' My reasoning lies in that clearly if anything, Cain is bi and Riff, well his fiance, there wasn't really love present there so he might be. Also Riff came during Cains days of abuse. Could you love somebody who had seen you like that. Can it really be "romantic" love in that situation. Their relationship seems very close. A little more than the way I would treat my mother. I feel that Riff is rather a father/ or mother. Cain's disrupted childhood prevented him from leaving his past beheind and people like this (mentaly damanged people) often mentally stay the age that the 'events' happened (unable to move on). Cain is a child, who wants a parent and finds that in Riff.

Im of the "love is love" school of thought, so I dont think that their relationship needs to be slapped with the label of "gay" or anything else to be legitimized, or to even exist in concrete form.
Whatever they're status is, they need each other to live. That's love if I have ever seen it. The end.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:23 am
Sai-kun
alicelights

Im of the "love is love" school of thought, so I dont think that their relationship needs to be slapped with the label of "gay" or anything else to be legitimized, or to even exist in concrete form.
Whatever they're status is, they need each other to live. That's love if I have ever seen it. The end.

well love is love, of course. thats so sweeet and well said eek awww  

alicelights

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:45 pm
Cain_Hargreaves
Sanekazura
How many volumes are there? i've read up to vol 6, and so far i like the episodes about cain's past the most. miss pudding was a very good one too, i felt so sorry for poor Radcliff. crying

There's thirteen volumes in all, eight of which are one 'story arc' called God Child which completes the series. <_< Sakura-Crisis is in the process of translating volume two of that.

Thirteen Volumes?
Does that mean that since shoujo beat is starting with the God Child arc in Volume 6 that the magazine is going to go from volume 6 to 13? Or is VIZ just going to SUCK and only do the God Child arc and then move on to some other manga and leave us all hanging?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:47 pm
YGOPaladin
Cain_Hargreaves
Sanekazura
How many volumes are there? i've read up to vol 6, and so far i like the episodes about cain's past the most. miss pudding was a very good one too, i felt so sorry for poor Radcliff. crying

There's thirteen volumes in all, eight of which are one 'story arc' called God Child which completes the series. <_< Sakura-Crisis is in the process of translating volume two of that.

Thirteen Volumes?
Does that mean that since shoujo beat is starting with the God Child arc in Volume 6 that the magazine is going to go from volume 6 to 13? Or is VIZ just going to SUCK and only do the God Child arc and then move on to some other manga and leave us all hanging?

I didn't read the previous post completely enough to see that the God Child arc goes all the way to the end... I should learn to read a little better xp  

YGOPaladin

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:12 pm
YGOPaladin
YGOPaladin
Cain_Hargreaves
Sanekazura

Thirteen Volumes?

I didn't read the previous post completely enough to see that the God Child arc goes all the way to the end... I should learn to read a little better xp

God Child arc makes up the last 8 books of the Count Cain series.
There were 5 books before it and 4 story arcs, if my memory serves me correct.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces