Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
Island Resort ~The RP~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:51 pm
"I... had a..." Haru shook 'her' head. "Nevermind, it was nothing." This was a lie, but the teenager figured it was for the best. Nothing ever came of 'her' visions anyway. They were usually snapshots of the present, or very near future, and were seldom even remotely useful in any way shape or form. So, (s)he'd just ignore it, or at least try to. Wierd... Somebody doesn't know how to spell 'Alchemist' I guess. It never dawned on 'her' that it might be spelled that way for a reason.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:51 am
---  

Kenton Alkemi

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:05 am
Lutia smiled under her scarf as her little team assembled
"perfect"
she turns to nic(k)alin
"now how difficult will it be to enter this ones mind?"

((evil will be gone for some months aparently...))  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:59 pm
((Indeed. I have been informed.))

"Well, that is..." S/he looked down at the stranger's sleeping face, noticing despite her/himself that it was a still face, not peaceful, not in agony, but that deathly stillness of someone on the edge of-
"Not too hard, no harder than any other, I should think. Uhm: I don't suppose you know the Law of the Mind? The rules of mindscape and dreamwalk?"
There was the possibility, but probability demand that s/he ask.  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:59 pm
Haru blinked and looked up at Nick thoughtfully. The teenager was familiar with some of the rules, having been told them once while (s)he 'herself' was half asleep (and female) at the time. As far as actual practice and application fo any rules and laws went... The Meiko had potential, but that was it.

Interested in learning how to make use of some of 'her' feminine powers, the former hitman became very quiet, and attentively listened for any bit of useful inspiration.

Even though (s)he no longer had access to the training of a hitman, Haru could become very quiet and still if need be. Somebody had once commented that this was simply a defensive tecnique, like a hunted rabbit hiding in brush. Of course, the 14 year old hated this analogy, but what was she going to do? Curse them? She couldn't even do that right...

No, Haru would sit tight and wait, hoping to learn something of use from those around her. The Lutia woman could prove useful, she had all sorts of connections apparently, and Nick... Suddenly Haru's eyes snapped over to Barington. What about this guy? What was his deal? It's odd, he hasn't said a single word yet...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:56 am
"i...skimmed through a booklet on the subject"
lutia hedged choosing not to reveal just how much she knew just yet  

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:30 am
"You skimmed... a booklet." The magician seemed slightly peeved. "I- hahhh... Whatever. I was referring to the nature of the mindscape. Since you've looked into it, you should be aware of the 'take not, harm not' rule?" His (or her) face settled into the smooth, studious expression of a scholar lecturing on something important.
"Everything in the mindscape of an individual is a part of their mind. The surface on which you walk, the walls that arise around you. Lamps, books, knives... Wolves, demons, phalanxes of Roman soldiers. Everything, mundane to dangerous, is part of them, and as such cannot be harmed in any way." His(her) eyes flicked from face to face, noting who understood and who did not, who listened and who did not, and who s/he would have to be particularly attentive to and who s/he would not.
"The harm not rule does not apply to intruders in the mind scape. There are demons, fae and many creatures fell that intrude upon mortal sleep and take residency in mortal minds. Some of these are easily dealt with. Others, are not. You will not attack any 'creature' without the consent of an expert, understood?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:40 am
At first, Haru found 'herself' fighting back a yawn. Lectures and the like were never 'her' cup of tea, though even as a girl the teenager could be exceptionaly attentive. When the bit about dangerous elements being part of the mind scape, and how they arn't to be attacked, the meiko's ears perked.

It was a good thing they were dealing with the female Haru, 'cause the male was rather good at attacking anything even remotely threat-like with deadly precision and accuracy- where as the female had a tad more self-control and the ability to bind attackers.

Just the same, Haru wished there was some way to use Kuroryuu in all of this. The sword was just itching for action, (s)he could feel it.  

Rowen McNeill

Kenton Alkemi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:56 am
---  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:07 pm
she smiled under her scarf as she listened to nicalins explanation
it seems my information on her was correct, she does know the secrets of the mind aparently
"isn't it true that some skilled practicioners can kill certain things inside ones mind or break certain walls to help them recover from otherwise uncurable mental dilemas?"
she said with the curiosity of someone who seemed more intrested in just how much the person she was asking knew rather than actual lack of knowledge  

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:57 pm
Nick fixed his(her) eyes on Lutia, the orbs narrowing slightly. "Yes, it has been done successfully, but it has also resulted in catastrophes. I hope you aren't suggesting we attempt something of the sort with him?" The magician gestured at the comatose man whose face told such great volumes to his/her eyes. "Believe me, it is far better to find ways around such obstacles, than to simply muscle through them. They are not always what they appear to be, indeed, let that be your watchword: things are not always as they seem. We will not be using force unless absolutely necessary. Muscle is not meant for the forte's of the mind."
Strangely, Nic(k) was not concerned by the Silent One's presence. If anything, he was a comfort to have at his (or was it her?) tense back (figuratively, since s/he was looking at him). S/he took it on instinct and let it be.
"That said, we are looking for the key to your home, are we not? That will be our sole task. Not gallivanting about to fix the ills of his mind and making things infinitely worse while we're at it." Oh, if s/he only knew how soon s/he was going to regret that speech...
Oblivious to the twistings of the Universe to make him(her) stick his(her) foot in his(her) mouth, Nic(k) waited for whatever other questions would be launched, arms folded over his(her) chest.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:54 am
The teenager looked back and forth between the conversing pair, apparently now more interested in whatever they were talking about then the silent man who stood with them. Haru could respect silence, since it was a manditory aspect of the 14 year old's former trade, but it hadn't quite occured to 'her' yet that the man might not speak at all. That would be too creepy.  

Rowen McNeill

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:06 am
lutia looked down at the sorry face of ansem
"considering the unknwn abilities of this guy i was wanting to acertain wether it would be safe for us to head in imediantly or try our hands at an easier obstacle to give those of us with little mental experience a chance to get an idea of the dangers up close"

((play along))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:58 pm
((... *sigh* Hai....))

The master of the desired weapons looked at the sand beneath pale boots, expression thoughtful, fingers along the line of the jaw. "A thought..."
~let me do it, nic~ Illusion plead silently. ~{i]this is just my kind of thing~
-mine, too-
~you'll drive them mad before they have a chance to get anything right!~
-and you won't, Mistress of Delusion?-
~says the Lord of Despair!~
Shut up. Neither of you's going to get to do anything, if you keep bickering like that. Nic(k) had an exasperated look for a moment, quickly gone as s/he remembered that, oh yeah, s/he wasn't alone. At least s/e hadn't said anything aloud.
"A good thought," S/he added, looking up from the pale, soft ground. "Do you have a mind in mind, or are you of the opinion that, as a testing ground, it should not be a living mindscape, but a facsimilie? A place real enough to learn without causing harm?" It was a testing question, probing the Jarian to see how the woman thought.
The silvery image of Illusion looked up pleadingly from the sands behind the crowd, visible only to her weilder's eyes. The shadow of Fear Incarnate, Nightmare, cuffed the silvery one upside her head.
Nic(k) smirked inside, still watching Lutia, a stack of cards suddenly in white-gloved hands that shuffled the stack dexterously, though idily, as the soon-to-be-Dreamwalker.waited, the others somewhat dismissed from thought.
Although... S/He turned towards the silent Barrington, "And you? What do you think?" then to the quiet Haru. "And you, too. your opinion?"
If they were going to learn, it was Nic)k)'s place to teach, and good teachers included all their students.  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:04 pm
lutia tilted her head to the side a little as she thought about the question
well it wouldnt be difficult to find a simpler mind to enter...on the other hand i dont want to exaust the resources i just hired if it turns out to be a cunning mind.
besides i might decide to keep them

she smiled as she thought of that
if there as talented as i hope ill just run a few looks into there respective pasts before i bring them into the fold
"i suppose the later option would be sufficient to give us an opening course"
she fingered her ring as she said this  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas