Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Everyone in London ok? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dawning Emulsion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:15 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
1. Cat got.. influenced.. ninja
2. British National Party - basically a bunch of racist bigots masquerading as a political party
3. No idea
4. I'd say they were highly intelligent, just in the wrong way
5. Yup 3nodding

Did everyone else here hear the news? There's a by-election in East London, and the BNP are using the picture of the blown-up bus to campaign against immigrants. I'm an immigrant stare

Also, I'm ashamed of Bristolians - well, the ones who attacked the Mosque in Bristol, anyway. Morons.

I'm ashamed of all the ppl thoughts don't go thrugh their small brains before they act them out stare Morons is an understatement.

As for the BNP using the bombing as propaganda, is there really any surprises there? We knew they would. They really should learn their own history (and their economics) before they campaign against immigrants. The British economy would be what it is without immigrants fools. stare

yalie5: Yes the British are like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:08 pm
You're right, not really very surprising, but still.. you'd think even they were a BIT sensitive. You're also right about the economy.. *sigh. It's a good thing that they'll never be in power.. I hope.

You should come post on ED razz , you know.  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:36 pm
im almost british. It sucks..i guess 2 many chaves stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:27 am
CrimsnHawk

how can you be almost british?  

yalie5

iFaithz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:18 pm
CrimsnHawk
almost? yeah damn those chavs..they scare me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:41 pm
iFaithz
CrimsnHawk
almost? yeah damn those chavs..they scare me.

Yep, it looks like Britain has become overrun by yobs and chavs who all unite under the political manifesto known as the BNP, which is rather distressing. sad  

Tokioka

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:35 pm
I'm quite glad I can avoid them.. actually they've almost invaded my school, which is pretty difficult.. (posh, private girls' school sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:44 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
I'm quite glad I can avoid them.. actually they've almost invaded my school, which is pretty difficult.. (posh, private girls' school sweatdrop )

Unlucky sad I feel your pain... well not really. xp
I used to be at a private school from year 7 until 9, so it's quite surprising that chavs have infiltrated your institution. At the moment I'm at a public grammar school and there aren't many chavs, just a few pikees.  

Tokioka

yalie5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:54 am
uh... what are chavs, yops and pikes? confused  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:05 am
Chavs are those people who wander round the city centres wearing miniskirts and hoopy earrings.. and the guys wear hoodies and caps.. yeh. No idea about pikes. I think yobs are sorta like chavs, but more violent?  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:40 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
Chavs are those people who wander round the city centres wearing miniskirts and hoopy earrings.. and the guys wear hoodies and caps.. yeh. No idea about pikes. I think yobs are sorta like chavs, but more violent?

Yobs are basically hooligans. They're the type who'll attack anyone for no apparent reason. The age range for a yob is variable and there are adult yobs. They usually hang around in gangs to intimidate people. I read in a newspaper that this man got really badly beaten up by some yobs with baseball bats just because he walked past them on the street at night. That's what us british call 'yob culture', i.e. growing up around violence, robbery, etc.

Pikees however, are less of a threat. They're usually just teenagers who shoplift and smoke weed. They often get drunk and just start random fights at rock concerts, I think. A lot of the pikees I've seen are skaters who hang around skate parks generally causing trouble.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:06 pm
Tokioka
Niphredil Ithilmir

Yobs are basically hooligans. They're the type who'll attack anyone for no apparent reason. The age range for a yob is variable and there are adult yobs. They usually hang around in gangs to intimidate people. I read in a newspaper that this man got really badly beaten up by some yobs with baseball bats just because he walked past them on the street at night. That's what us british call 'yob culture', i.e. growing up around violence, robbery, etc.

Pikees however, are less of a threat. They're usually just teenagers who shoplift and smoke weed. They often get drunk and just start random fights at rock concerts, I think. A lot of the pikees I've seen are skaters who hang around skate parks generally causing trouble.

oh. we have those in america. except the chavs and yobs are called the gangsters and they act all ghetto. um... proper terms... something from being from the hood. rolleyes or something like a hoochie. anyways the pikes would be the punks. i wonder if they also include the goths. seriously these people need to grow up. and maybe if i ever decided to visit london i'll bring my own baseball bat... made of metal mrgreen  

yalie5

Tokioka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:03 pm
yalie5
oh. we have those in america. except the chavs and yobs are called the gangsters and they act all ghetto. um... proper terms... something from being from the hood. rolleyes or something like a hoochie. anyways the pikes would be the punks. i wonder if they also include the goths. seriously these people need to grow up. and maybe if i ever decided to visit london i'll bring my own baseball bat... made of metal mrgreen

My cousin from san francisco was telling me about 'gangsters' and I just thought "WTF?"
But the way you put it, it seems more like a bunch of hooligans rather than a criminal organisation. The thing about the pikees is that you can never tell who is one and who isn't though, that's the annoying thing. They vary a lot, as in they can like the same music and stuff that you like, so not all punks or goths are pikees. I'm a punk aficionado, but I ain't no pikee!! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:02 am
Tokioka
yalie5

My cousin from san francisco was telling me about 'gangsters' and I just thought "WTF?"
But the way you put it, it seems more like a bunch of hooligans rather than a criminal organisation. The thing about the pikees is that you can never tell who is one and who isn't though, that's the annoying thing. They vary a lot, as in they can like the same music and stuff that you like, so not all punks or goths are pikees. I'm a punk aficionado, but I ain't no pikee!! mrgreen

yeah... criminal organization would fall under the mafia. "gangster" aren't very organized other wise they wouldn't get shot. plus they're impulsive, fight over the tiniest thing and run their mouths too much... well at least that's my estimation of it. and punk huh? i don't care. i'm not a punk. i'm just weird. though the punks in the u.s. tend to think they're cooler than just about everyone else. (at least my part of the u.s) sometimes it's like get over yourself. and goth people and punk people are beginning to look the same to me. in the u.s. the goth people could be punk people. you'd never know.  

yalie5

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:52 pm
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5

yeah... criminal organization would fall under the mafia. "gangster" aren't very organized other wise they wouldn't get shot. plus they're impulsive, fight over the tiniest thing and run their mouths too much... well at least that's my estimation of it. and punk huh? i don't care. i'm not a punk. i'm just weird. though the punks in the u.s. tend to think they're cooler than just about everyone else. (at least my part of the u.s) sometimes it's like get over yourself. and goth people and punk people are beginning to look the same to me. in the u.s. the goth people could be punk people. you'd never know.

There aren't that many goths in the UK, I don't think. I think the view over here is that punks and moshers are acceptable, but goths are just plain weird confused
I know one goth, who I actually thought was a mosher, but whatever. These 'groupings' of people really don't show much, do they? Because you could be a punk who liked heavy metal, Jpop and hip hop, which is what I'm like, yet you'd probably still get labelled as a punk.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff