Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Where have you lived in china? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you lived in china for...
0years
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
1-4years
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
5-8years
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:54 pm

Minielf

Yeah, I thought so too the last time I went back. But after 7 years they ought to have cleaned the whole place up. I think I'll be in a for a big shock when I return to China at the end of this year.

BTW, what's KFU?

Oh I don't know, my friend went back and said the bathrooms are still unbearable. >.<
KFU:
Kakashi Fans Unite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:58 pm

Bathrooms are still horrible indeed.

Remember to take your own tissues everywhere, and always to have bottled water on you. 3nodding <--it's good advice biggrin

Niphredil Ithilmir

shinelover

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:09 am

lol me was born in Hk went to South Africa for a yr when i was 3-4. Then back to HK for 2yrs i think.....then to australia. now still in australia in yr 9 high school...i'm 14. so yeh. been on various trips to china. shen zhen and these places i can't spell in pin ying. I also go back to HK every yr. in Dec for summer break. Now i also go back in july too!!!! HEHEHEHE

i've been in australia for ummm 10 yrs almost. so ppl find it suprising when i'm nothing like aussie kids. lol so funny. i'm not totally the honki ones either. well ok tom boyish though~ ^__^ none of the short skirts plz
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:57 am

Niphredil Ithilmir

Remember to take your own tissues everywhere, and always to have bottled water on you. 3nodding <--it's good advice biggrin

OMG that's just so true! I still cant believe that there's never toilet paper anywhere! So if you forget to bring toilet paper and you are in a hurry, than s**t in your pants! *lol* Yeah... toilets there are horrible! (Except in HK... fortunately!) By the way, I went to China last summer and I visited Guanzhou, Beijing and HK.

sasa_powa_4eva

shinelover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:15 am

sasa_powa_4eva
Niphredil Ithilmir

OMG that's just so true! I still cant believe that there's never toilet paper anywhere! So if you forget to bring toilet paper and you are in a hurry, than s**t in your pants! *lol* Yeah... toilets there are horrible! (Except in HK... fortunately!) By the way, I went to China last summer and I visited Guanzhou, Beijing and HK.

lol so true thatz why sometimes i dun like going to mainland china much....well i'll reconsider when they get modern toilets...mainly shen zhen others are pretti places so that makes up for it
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:20 am

I went when i was really little. But Omg!! I might be going back next summer. If my dad can go too so plz go plz go. I really wanna go!! >.< But if I go... no road trip with my friends... Oh screw it. I can take a road trip anyother time... hahah plz go plz go I realy wanna go>.<

yalie5

draven_heart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:38 am

I was born in Canada and still live there to this day. But my parents are from China. Sapposedly my whole family is going to China for the summer when my little brother turns 16 or something. He's 14 now, ya I don't think its going to happen. crying
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:29 pm

Canadian to the core... born and raised. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've visited HK a while ago and that was a pleasant experience, however... that trip was tarnished by a visit to mainland China. This was perhaps in 1994.

Frankly speaking, it was a bad experience. I have no real intentions to revisit China as there is nothing there for me. When I went, it was the lack of proper sanitation that really scared me off. (It was disgusting enough that I couldn't do anything for three days!)

Yes, yes... I know much has changed in the recent 10 ten years but still, people haven't even stopped urinating on the street... and in public. sweatdrop

Article 1: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-09/17/content_478609.htm
"Photographs of a child urinating near one of the park's restaurants and four mainland Chinese women resting on the ground barefoot were plastered in the newspapers."

Article 2: http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/archives/2005/09/14/2003271594
"The Ming Pao Daily reported yesterday that Chinese visitors disregarded the park's rules and smoked cigarettes in restaurants and other nonsmoking areas.

It ran a photo showing a woman in a Minnie Mouse cap smoking in an open area.

The newspaper carried another photograph showing a woman from Guangdong Province helping a young child loosen his trousers to urinate beside a flower bed."

More sources: Google News Search on HK Disney

To be blunt, there are a few things that I thought separated us from the animals obviously there's still much development needed before I'd ever go back.

However I would like to visit somewhere civilized like Taiwan, Japan or HK. 3nodding

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:01 pm

LOTS have changed since then. Of course, it's not perfect, but you can't shun a country because of bad sanitation..

It's not as if people in England or the US or Canada don't urinate on the street.

Quote:
However I would like to visit somewhere civilized like Taiwan, Japan or HK.

stare

Implying that mainland isn't civilised?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:20 pm

tamcharles
Canadian to the core... born and raised. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've visited HK a while ago and that was a pleasant experience, however... that trip was tarnished by a visit to mainland China. This was perhaps in 1994.

Frankly speaking, it was a bad experience. I have no real intentions to revisit China as there is nothing there for me. When I went, it was the lack of proper sanitation that really scared me off. (It was disgusting enough that I couldn't do anything for three days!)

Yes, yes... I know much has changed in the recent 10 ten years but still, people haven't even stopped urinating on the street... and in public. sweatdrop

Article 1: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-09/17/content_478609.htm
"Photographs of a child urinating near one of the park's restaurants and four mainland Chinese women resting on the ground barefoot were plastered in the newspapers."

Article 2: http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/archives/2005/09/14/2003271594
"The Ming Pao Daily reported yesterday that Chinese visitors disregarded the park's rules and smoked cigarettes in restaurants and other nonsmoking areas.

It ran a photo showing a woman in a Minnie Mouse cap smoking in an open area.

The newspaper carried another photograph showing a woman from Guangdong Province helping a young child loosen his trousers to urinate beside a flower bed."

More sources: Google News Search on HK Disney

To be blunt, there are a few things that I thought separated us from the animals obviously there's still much development needed before I'd ever go back.

However I would like to visit somewhere civilized like Taiwan, Japan or HK. 3nodding

And chavs in England throw stones at car windows, beat up people, and generally act like right idiots. Not much different.

spawnofebil

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:21 pm

Niphredil Ithilmir
LOTS have changed since then. Of course, it's not perfect, but you can't shun a country because of bad sanitation..

It's not as if people in England or the US or Canada don't urinate on the street.

Quote:
However I would like to visit somewhere civilized like Taiwan, Japan or HK.

stare

Implying that mainland isn't civilised?
Of course I can shun an entire country because of just one aspect. How else do you think we get stereotypes and prejudice running rampant in this world of ours? It needs to start somewhere. razz

But no no, I wasn't implying that mainland isn't civilized... just the people. ninja
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:25 pm

There are civilised and uncivilised people everywhere, my dear Charlie 3nodding

I agree that Chinese mentality has yet to catch up with its economic growth, but don't generalise so blatantly~

Niphredil Ithilmir

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:26 pm

tamcharles
Of course I can shun an entire country because of just one aspect. How else do you think we get stereotypes and prejudice running rampant in this world of ours? It needs to start somewhere. razz

Missed this just then~

~ stare (gosh, I feel like Cat)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:19 am

When I went on vacation to China, I lived in Jiang Men.

Arkiof

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

[.Higan Bana.]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:24 pm

Riyoku Sakimori
I was born in hangzhou and raised in Shanghai. The majority of my family came from Wuhan... ^^ But I ended up with a japanese/british/french accent when I speak english.

CrimsnHawk
I.E
I was born in shanghai, then moved to shen zhen, then moved to bei jeing, then moved to wu han, then to shang tao and finally to England
[

OMG!!!!! You're both from Wuhan?? Omg!!!! *glomps you all*!!!!!!! 4laugh I'm from Wuhan too!!!!
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff