Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Sometimes I wonder... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sdfghjklsdfghjskldfghjkls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:38 am
I've told her many times that I don't like her, and she continues to vomit stupidity all over me.

Also, the religion part isn't fair.
Can she prove a god exists? Can I prove a god doesn't exist? No and no.
So if I'm not allowed to deny the existence of a god because I don't have factual evidence, why should she be allowed promote the existence of a god without factual evidence.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:31 am
Intuicide
I've told her many times that I don't like her, and she continues to vomit stupidity all over me.

Also, the religion part isn't fair.
Can she prove a god exists? Can I prove a god doesn't exist? No and no.
So if I'm not allowed to deny the existence of a god because I don't have factual evidence, why should she be allowed promote the existence of a god without factual evidence.
You didn't deny it thoughj, you turned around and insulter her for her beliefs, I don't nessacerily believe in a typical god, but I still don't s**t over other peoples religeons, and before anyone mentions my comment about evolution, I was reffering to social evolution, not physical. If you want to debate the existence of god, there is a place in the public forums for that, we will not sub-scribe to hate of that calibre here.  

Rellik Chan
Vice Captain

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:50 am
Intuicide
FREUD was a douche.

Anyway, I'm not questioning why I exist... I'm questioning why anything exists.
you exist, so that'd mean you're also questioning yourself
i still want you to give and answer for yourself since you can't except anyone else's answer  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:50 am
It's not that I'm not accepting the answers, I'm just questioning those answers.

When I asked why we evolved, they said "natural selection." I didn't say it was wrong, I just asked why there is natural selection. And so on.  

SonnyBlood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:49 pm
Quote:
That has no factual basis whatsoever.

Well I know that, but I mean other people were giving their personal opinions about this kinda stuff...can't I give mine?

Quote:
Now, your "woman eating a fruit in the Bible" tale could be true if your God is a wrathful God, however, I've heard otherwise.

...he's not wrathful...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:55 pm
Quote:

You're allowed perfectly well to deny the existence of a god! Freedom of religion. The thing was that there is a difference between holding your own opinion and bashing other people's. I didn't mean anything offensive, it's just my personal belief. You didn't get pissed off when someone mentioned evolution...
Can we just let this go? Everyone believes different things, and it's great that way.  

SonnyBlood

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:15 pm
SonnyBlood
Quote:
That has no factual basis whatsoever.

Well I know that, but I mean other people were giving their personal opinions about this kinda stuff...can't I give mine?

Quote:
Now, your "woman eating a fruit in the Bible" tale could be true if your God is a wrathful God, however, I've heard otherwise.

...he's not wrathful...

I never said you can't give it, I just said it had no factual basis. Which, in its own respect, is redundant, since I acknowledged it as an opinion in the first place...

But. Exactly. He is not wrathful, so how is it that we have criminals just because of the misdeeds of one so long ago?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:22 pm
Isel

I never said you can't give it, I just said it had no factual basis. Which, in its own respect, is redundant, since I acknowledged it as an opinion in the first place...

oh...okay. sorry.

Isel
But. Exactly. He is not wrathful, so how is it that we have criminals just because of the misdeeds of one so long ago?

Well, yeah, it's not really that...it's that (in our beliefs), humans are, well, only human. Even in a perfect setting (Garden of Eden), we still choose to sin. So to this day, it's not that we are sinners because of Adam and Eve--we still choose to do bad stuff by our own will. The story is just showing that no matter what, we are sinners, and in result, need God. (According to our religion--I'm not trying to conform anyone or offend or anything.)  

SonnyBlood

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:29 pm
SonnyBlood
Isel

oh...okay. sorry.

Isel

Well, yeah, it's not really that...it's that (in our beliefs), humans are, well, only human. Even in a perfect setting (Garden of Eden), we still choose to sin. So to this day, it's not that we are sinners because of Adam and Eve--we still choose to do bad stuff by our own will. The story is just showing that no matter what, we are sinners, and in result, need God. (According to our religion--I'm not trying to conform anyone or offend or anything.)

No, I see your logic perfectly, and I'm glad you're one of the few who had the gall to explain it without surrounding it with vacuous, frankly stupid comments, as some others of your faith have done.

It makes perfect sense. However, in the logic I've applied to the human condition, we can just replace the word "God" in that situation with "self-control" or "willpower".

Eden may have been perfect, but there was no internalization of right and wrong in the humans who dwelt there. Naturally, they would do what serves their instinct and their desire, instead of following the proper moral code.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:47 pm
she hit got it perfectly, (coming from a mormon), the devil temps us, but he does not have any control over you, it is your choice to resist, or fall into his temptation. so good job sonny  

The Dadalorian
Crew

SonnyBlood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:49 pm
Chaos A.D.
she hit got it perfectly, (coming from a mormon), the devil temps us, but he does not have any control over you, it is your choice to resist, or fall into his temptation. so good job sonny

OH MY GOSH I ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING RIGHT!!!! heart heart heart dramallama dramallama dramallama mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen *faints*

ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:55 pm
I didn't get angry about the evolution thing because if I believe in anything concerning our existence, it's evolution. But I'm still questioning that.
Anyway, I apologize for attacking your belief. Yes, that was wrong, and I had no reason to.
But to [posh hypno], I will never apologize.

Anyway, I've just been in a ... an inquisitive mode lately. I've been wondering why anything has meaning, why it needs to have meaning...
JUST... WHY? In general, WHY?  

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:10 pm
i still want to hear your answer to that question.
the only thing with evolution i believe is artificial and natural selection
survival of the fittest is how life is
cruel yes, but you just have to deal with it  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:12 pm
Chaos A.D.

Now thats interesting, your a mormon, which as I understand, are pretty much creationists, but you also believe in some degree the Darwinian theorys about survival and such.

Where as I believe in what you can prove.  

Rellik Chan
Vice Captain

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:15 pm
Chaos A.D.

I agree 100%.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games