Fanfics! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:56 pm
Oh guess what..I am really angry right now. This random person came by and reviewed my Full Moon fanfiction saying, "Crap. Don't abuse Full Moon with a Sue like this. It's too good a series to molest." O____O WTF? I don't mind a little constructive critizism. I don't care if you say I need a lot of improvement. But crap like that is just rude and uncalled for. I can't believe they said that. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:44 pm
Don't you listen to those flamers, Aisu. I often say that if they like flames so much, they should just go straight to... stare Well, since I'm on gaia I'll keep my mouth shut on that subject...

A lot of people like that don't realize that there can be good OC's and automatically classify any OC as a Mary Sue. They may not have even read your fic beyond realizing it was about an OC. They're just full of themselves.

I've never actually received a flame (though I've gotten some that were fairly close to threatening. Which is strange, considering I wrote a fanfic with the express purpose to tick some of those flamers off...), but I do know enough to say that most flamers usually don't know what they're talking about. It's usually just best to continue posting to spite them and watch the good reviews keep rolling in.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:41 pm
Thank you for the advice. 3nodding I don't understand why people do that.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:31 am
I don't either. And the sad thing is, it really is quite common. The best thing to do is usually to just ignore them and don't let it get to you. Cause seriously, people like that aren't worth it. And the best way to spite them is to just continue on with the story that they despise so much... twisted

Besides, you've gotten how many good reviews to that one bad one? It's not you, it's them. They just need to get a life.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Kougas.hidden.soul.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:16 pm
.::she falls off a cliff running::.

I write fanfics! sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:49 pm
Im sure most of us do. 3nodding I am a fanfic writer myself, and I write basically OC stories...or humor fic with no parings. ^^ Im going through Naruto phase at this moment. Lol.

And Memory, I totally agree with you. xd I have written some OC stories, (Well...most of my stories are OC sweatdrop but anyway) people just keep saying stuff like that, what that person said to Aisu. Aisu, don't listen to them. They are just being VERY rude. stressed I totally agree with you two. They dont even try to read, and just classify OC as: mary sue. Pft. I would like to see what they will say to my fav OC writer heart xd

To those things i usually say: Well if OC is shortened word for original character, then what's Naruto made out of? Inuyasha? Ruffy? Yeah, they are ALL original characters if you didn't know. And guess what? People LIKE them. So, if you just give it a try, yeah, maybe you'll like it to. (This is my 'nicer' way of saying stuff to them. i wont say my meaner ones that i use when they really piss me off) xd  

akeikas
Captain

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:48 pm
Heh. I prefer to be nice about it actually. It just makes them look that much worse in comparison. I also try to sound much more intelligent then they are when I do say something. Which usually isn't too hard... xd

I've written a few OC things... Actually, I entered an OC fanfic contest once. It won best humour. Lot's of fun to write too, since I was making fun of 15 year old fangirls. All of my OC fics are Gundam Wing for some odd reason though... stare Probably because that's the only one I've really ever done a long involved plot for. Oh, if you count an adorable kitten, I've also done one for Weiss. xd I've done a lot of very weird fics though... even for me... confused  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:31 pm
Cha. I shall make a SDC fan fic. Muahahaha. Oh this will be indeed interstining. I'll post it here when I'm done o.0  

Ren_ai_Rei

Ren_ai_Rei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:36 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:24 pm
I write fanfics, just not canon pairings. I only got one OC fic and got a flamer that accused me of self-insertion, I found her quite hilarious.

I might write one of SDC once I've gathered enough info.

KamiKaze_KaitouJeanne: The "he" Ushio's talking about in the real Shizu? I hope he finds out.

White Meteor

Ren_ai_Rei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:51 pm
White Meteor-
Hai. She is taking about the real Shizu. Umm I'm sorry if I get somehting rong sence I only read up to like the 3d vol of the manga.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:59 pm
Oh, no there's nothing wrong w/ it, I was just curious and wanted to be sure.  

White Meteor

Kougas.hidden.soul.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
["To seal the evil born of the night, the Heaven sent Kaito Jeanne, must take flight!"]

["Evil born of Darkness, I command thee, by God's name, demon be sealed!"]
["And so, another piece of beastly beauty, gets added to the collection!"]User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

-----------------------
Can anyone tell me how to upload a fanfic on fanfic.net?

~!..Sinn-chan..!~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:26 pm
Oh, dear. They have made it slightly more confusing since last I checked... Anyway, got to your login panel and click on the tab that says Documents. Click the new tab that is brought up, also called documents. There, you upload the fanfic file from your computer. After that you can preview the file and fix it if there are any mistakes.

After that, click the Stories tab on the side panel. It should be just under documents. More tabs across the page will appear and you want the New Story tab. Click on that. From there, it will ask you to select a main story category. Example: Anime. Once you pick that, you'll be asked what sub-category, generally the name of the series your fanfic is based off of. Example: Full Moon wo Sagashite.

After that, you enter a title, summary, rating, genre, and other info. Make sure you select the document you uploaded earlier and then submit story.

Hope that isn't too confusing. I'm going to lock your other thread again, since this is something that should be discussed in this thread.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Kougas.hidden.soul.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
["To seal the evil born of the night, the Heaven sent Kaito Jeanne, must take flight!"]

["Evil born of Darkness, I command thee, by God's name, demon be sealed!"]
["And so, another piece of beastly beauty, gets added to the collection!"]User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

-----------------------

Thank you MemoryDragon! You helped me a lot.

~!..Sinn-chan..!~

OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces