Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Things that could improve Resident Evil Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:49 am
Vankala
Sorry if someone's already mentioned this, but I hope RE goes back to more Survival Horror rather than an action game like RE4. I mean, yea, RE4 was fun and all, but it just didn't seem like an RE game. And after playing it so many times, its gotten really easy even on Pro Mode. sad

Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure that RE4 sold better than RE1 or 0, what with having more appeal to noobs who can't control third person characters with first person controls. And sad as it may be, the ultimate goal of making any Resident Evil game is to make money, so I doubt we'll see the old Resident Evil conventions being applied in the future. crying The survival horror genre is dying!  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:56 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vankala
Sorry if someone's already mentioned this, but I hope RE goes back to more Survival Horror rather than an action game like RE4. I mean, yea, RE4 was fun and all, but it just didn't seem like an RE game. And after playing it so many times, its gotten really easy even on Pro Mode. sad

Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure that RE4 sold better than RE1 or 0, what with having more appeal to noobs who can't control third person characters with first person controls. And sad as it may be, the ultimate goal of making any Resident Evil game is to make money, so I doubt we'll see the old Resident Evil conventions being applied in the future. crying The survival horror genre is dying!

Why God whyyyy?!?! crying This reminded me of one time, I had my friend over.. We had an RE night. He played RE4 first for like, 2 hours, then he played REmake. He played it for five minutes and threw down the controller, saying "Man, these controls blow! RE4 is so much better than all the others just because the controls actually work." First I snatched the controller and saved Chris from being eaten by a zombie, then paused it and got into a half-hour argument about how the controls worked fine, he just couldn't use them properly. Pissed me off so much to know that I have an RE4 noob-fanboy for a friend..  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:27 pm
Next time someone says that, just drop the bombshell of truth on them:

"You don't like the controls because you suck at this, ultimately harder, game. Why don't you go back to playing Sponge Bob Square Pants if you can't handle the heat!?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:26 pm
I agree on that , every other person that even know about RE in my school only like re4 not because of the new story like myself but because of the controls. What attracted me to the games besides getting freaked out is the controls and puzzles, I want a game that'll compare to real life things sure re4 was sorta like that I could deal with the ink ribbons loss but new controls!!!! why gonk gonk crying crying the only part of the contros I like is you dont smash into walls so often  

metalcore501

taylortenacity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:23 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Geez... You know how you said that Sun Survivor seemed too much like House of the Dead... Imagine how Umbrella Chronicles is gonna feel.
ya its not gonna be all that great. i'm actually waiting for the wii version of RE4 to come out (since I hated the gamecube one and accidently was careless and got glow stick juice all over d**k 1)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:17 pm
Man, the remake is a b***h. I mean, I beat Zero (my first RE game ever) in like, 3 hours on normal. Then I finished RE2 within a day...then tried to do the remake and I'm STILL stuck. Goddamnit, Jill, stop getting eaten! gonk

The only experience I'd ever had with getting eaten was when Rebecca got swallowed whole by a Hunter. She wouldn't climb the damn ladder with Billy and I hadn't saved...was almost to the final boss. Bleh. Bleh bleh. But even 0 felt more like an RE game than 4 did.

I like 4 because I'm a Leon fangirl (yeah, there's a special spot in Hell for people like me, I know), but it's just not as creepy. It doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game. It IS mighty good fun to blow the heads off Los Illuminados, though...hee hee...

Helena Poe

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:30 pm
Omen Cow
Man, the remake is a b***h. I mean, I beat Zero (my first RE game ever) in like, 3 hours on normal. Then I finished RE2 within a day...then tried to do the remake and I'm STILL stuck. Goddamnit, Jill, stop getting eaten! gonk

The only experience I'd ever had with getting eaten was when Rebecca got swallowed whole by a Hunter. She wouldn't climb the damn ladder with Billy and I hadn't saved...was almost to the final boss. Bleh. Bleh bleh. But even 0 felt more like an RE game than 4 did.

I like 4 because I'm a Leon fangirl (yeah, there's a special spot in Hell for people like me, I know), but it's just not as creepy. It doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game. It IS mighty good fun to blow the heads off Los Illuminados, though...hee hee...

That wasn't a Hunter that swallowed Rebecca, it was a Progenitor Frog.

And yeah, Resident Evil 4 doesn't feel the same, it's just plain ol' fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:06 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Omen Cow

That wasn't a Hunter that swallowed Rebecca, it was a Progenitor Frog.

And yeah, Resident Evil 4 doesn't feel the same, it's just plain ol' fun.

Oh, my bad! To be honest, I didn't know what the ******** it was...I was so traumatized by it.  

Helena Poe

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:16 pm
Yeah... Go to a pond or something, and you'll have a terrifying experience. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:06 am
I seriously think all amphibians are out to get me...in games or in real life. My boyfriend ran over a toad a week ago, and ever since then...DAMN, HOMIE.  

Helena Poe

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:20 pm
The following has been copied from the other thread.

If I could go back in the past and change something about Resident Evil, I'd go back to the science and away from the overdramatic side of it.
Like, I love Wesker, but he was a hell of a lot cooler in RE1, where he was cool and calculating, than he became, like this "Oh, I have this grand vision and I shall be the greatest villain of them all!" superiority complex. And of course all these, "Oh s**t! When in doubt! I'll transform into a badass monster!" Like, Birkin was cool, he was this grotesque Fly type transformation monster. Then they got Alexia, and all these other guys who transform faster than Pokemon evolutions.
It's just gotten too much Fantasy Horror and away from its origins of Science Horror.
Personally, if I could rewind time and take over the project, I'd leave RE1, 2 and 3, because they were great. They stayed in the scope of that Science Horror genre.
Now, I liked Code Veronica, but that's where they kinda crossed the line with Wesker's dramatic return and Alexia's soap opera.

I hate to say it, as cool as Wesker is, bringing him back was bad for the series. In fact, Code Veronica was when thing started to take the turn for Fantasy, and away from the Science Horror.

What changes would I make to Code Veronica?

Well, that's tough. I mean, Wesker was the cause of the T-Virus on Rockfort Island.
So in my version, Claire gets captured... I'd spend a couple of nights thinking of a good reason why the T-Virus was spread. But I mean, Wesker was a plot device, which was used well enough.
But let's say there was this new guy with HCF who attacked the island, resulting in the T-Virus to be spilt. Okay, so he doesn't have a vendetta against Chris... Yet...
So then things progress in a similar way as they did in Code Veronica, except Alfred isn't a drag queen, he's a COMPETENT villain.
Claire and Steve go to Alaska...
Let's just say that we adapt the T-Veronica Virus plot. Well, then things go as planned. Except at the end, instead of an instantaneous transformation, Christ finds Alexia who's already in her big fat queen form, to which she's grown over some time, then the transformation would be more believable.
Instead of Wesker we'll have a new villain who's less dramatic and more calculating, kinda like Nicholai, but not with Umbrella.

To other RE titles?

Well, let's say we want to explore Wesker some more...
make RE0. Make it more about Wesker.
The new villain introduced in my Code Veronica? Let's say Wesker was planning to leave Umbrella for another organization and in order to buy into it, RE0 establishes that Wesker was selling research material to the new CV villain. Except RE0 wouldn't be a whole day before RE1, it would be a few hours as established in the very original RE game/book.
So we have a game about Rebecca and, say Enrico, instead of introducing Billy to the series. So in RE0, we establish that Wesker's been selling off information, but this is from Enrico's view. Enrico and Rebecca are split up and while Rebecca tries to survive not really knowing what's going on, Enrico is the one who gets to solve some of that mystery until he winds up injured in the caves. Maybe the game could be played by all the Bravo Members, switching according to narrative. We get to see how Forest died against the crows. How Richard got bit by Yawn. How Kenneth got eaten by a zombie. And basically have several of these chapters, each one for each character and each one ends with that character dying. Aside from Rebecca's which ends with her being found by Chris (let's say she could either end up with Richard OR in the Medical room like in RE1, and that's where Chris walks in on her. And Enrico's chapter ends with him being discovered by Jill in the caves.

As for RE4... Well, I'd have something new entirely. Imagine combining Gaiden and Dead Aim.
So basically Leon (only cool, not like in RE4) and Barry are in an Anti-Umbrella organization go on a virus infested ship. So then, that ship would end up crashing much like it did in Dead Aim, except it would be a bit longer and without any womanly man bosses. Again, combining T and G virus sounds like an interesting idea, except the result won't cause the host to grow organic high heels.

For RE5, actually, it'd probably be a lot like the Russia chapter of UC. By that, I mean it'd be ALL in the Umbrella Lab, with many monsters and very cold (emotionally) environments. And it'd probably be back to Jill and Chris, although they wouldn't be dressed in colorful uniforms like that, instead, the lab would still have scientists in it and Jill and Chris would have infiltrated it, wearing all black.
Heck, maybe for RE5, it wouldn't even be an Umbrella facility, but instead a facility belonging to HCF. By this point, the good guys would be facing two evil entities who would also be against each other. And after Alexia in CV, no other human villain in my story would ever transform. And if they did, they'd be like Birkin, where you never actually meet the human in the game itself.

What about the side games?

That's probably where I'd include Rebecca, Carlos, and any other supporting survivors. Heck, maybe even make a game where Rebecca and Carlos work together. Make Carlos act professional, of course... Not like in RE3.

What other characters would I include?

Well, that girl from Gaiden, I'd give her a bigger part and make her one of the main cast. Umm.. I'd bring back Nicholai in 4 or 5 for sure. No Marcus. I'd bring back Ada, obviously, but she'd ultimately be on the bad side. She wouldn't be as opinionated that's for sure. She'd be more like the female HUNK, following orders like a real agent. I mean, she did slip up with Leon, but when brought back, I'd make sure she never met Leon again. At least not for a long while.

How would I change Leon?

Well, I'd definitely keep backflips the hell away from Resident Evil.
The dodge system wasn't bad, but I'd use the kind of dodging we see in Resident Evil 3. At most. I wouldn't have the button prompt on the screen either, because one of the things I loved about the original Resident Evil games is that there was nothing on the screen to break that immersion. No HUD, or anything.

As for Leon himself, I'd probably give him a haircut. Nothing too drastic, but just a bit shorter so that his hair doesn't wave around when he turns his head. Obviously I'd change his attitude. He's supposed to be more professional in RE4. I'd make him more of a serious character. He was a rookie cop when Barry was a hardened soldier. If in my version of RE4 Leon and Barry would cooperate, I'd make Leon act like more of a pupil. He'd make his own decisions, but he'd be looking to Barry for advice as well. My RE4 won't be happening in 2004, it'd probably be around 2000 - 2002.

How would the timeline be?

Well, after RE3, I'd probably fan it out a bit. Code Veronica would happen a few months later, somewhere around March 1999. My Rebecca/Carlos side game would probably happen 2000. My RE4 would be 2001 and my RE5 would be 2003.
Also, there wouldn't be any of that Umbrella losing power crap. Umbrella is Resident Evil, and they'd pretty much be in control as much as in the RE movies.

What about Sherry?

Well, I dunno... I'd either have her disappear from the picture, going to her more distant relatives, or have her kidnapped, in which case she'd get rescued either in RE5 or the Rebecca spinoff.

Would Steve still die like he did in the original Code Veronica?

Yeah, he would. But the way I'd make him, he'd be a likeable character, so when he died, you'd actually feel sorry for him.
And none of that, "I love you," crap. You've known her for like a day, get over yourself.

What would happen after RE5?

Actually, I'd probably go all out, make RE5 ******** spectacular and then end the series with it. Unlike Capcom, I'd actually end on a high note and let the series end while it's still good instead of milking it until there's nothing left. ike I said, it'd be something like the final scenario of Umbrella Chronicles. It'd be in an Umbrella Base, (though probably not Russia, or at least not winter), but it'd be all in an Umbrella Facility, probably Jill and Chris as a reunion for the finale.
If it was a PS2 game, it'd probably be 2 discs long. It'd be the longest RE game of the series. It'd have several chapters, probably another party of characters elsewhere, like Barry and Rebecca? (Say one party in HCF the other in Umbrella.)
It'd be action packed, but at the same time, full of puzzles, etc. Basically, it'd be one full story equivalent of 2 RE games. In it, we'd see the death of Nicholai, the death of that new Villain, from CV. And the death of HCF and Umbrella.
Of course, at the end, it'll be revealed that Umbrella is still around and that their reign will be revived. Just, not in any sequels.
Also, we'd reveal more about HUNK. In fact, HUNK and Ada would have their own scenario, they'd be like rivals, and end up going against each other.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:42 pm
Omen Cow

The same thing happned to me. EVERYTIME I SAW AN OVERSIZED FROG.
BAM.
Rebecca was laying on the floor all dead with the words "You Are Dead" over her.
Freakin' sucks.

[Le S h i t]

Ivory Lie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:08 pm
Since i asked most of the questions i would also like to ask that if someone else would like to to answer them as well. For funs sake  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:22 am
In Outbreak i would the ability to talk to your teammates using a headset as the vocal commands already in place are not very good.
You could only talk to people in the sa,e room as you but if you had a radio you could talk to your teammates no matter where they are.

I would also like someone to fix the glitches in UC. One that stood out was the mansion incident 1 in the part when you have tried the front door and it's locked and you turn around to face 3 zombies. If you use Chris' defence move you can knock the zombie up the stairs eek  

Lisa Trevor

IvyGauge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:04 am
No more ink ribbons!!!  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items