Submit

contego

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:50 am
well they wont allow pking on the fields
coz then itd get asnnoying with all the a*****e out there
who spent all thier time lvling up so they can pick on the newbs
but a battle arena will probably show up later  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:36 pm
I still think a monster killing competition would be a better mini-mini-game then direct PvP. There are more ways to adjust balance between players. The old Handicap system from fighting games and such.

Player vs Player combat is to direct and can be taken very personally. Organized contests of skill are a little better on the ego since there is some degree of "fair play" expected.

A monster killing competition also tests players on the skills they've gained while playing the normal game and not those strategies solely intended for PvP.  

Brasten
Crew

Aged Informer

rgjh8754

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:40 pm
Brasten
I still think a monster killing competition would be a better mini-mini-game then direct PvP. There are more ways to adjust balance between players. The old Handicap system from fighting games and such.

Player vs Player combat is to direct and can be taken very personally. Organized contests of skill are a little better on the ego since there is some degree of "fair play" expected.
Hmm, you make a good point. However, I'd still like to be able to battle another player. If anybody wants to battle me for nasty personal reasons, I'll just ignore them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:43 pm
It just seems more entertaining to me to fight against another person in an escalating monster mosh pit. Why is head to head Tetris so satisfying?  

Brasten
Crew

Aged Informer

rgjh8754

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:45 pm
Brasten
It just seems more entertaining to me to fight against another person in an escalating monster mosh pit. Why is head to head Tetris so satisfying?
Everybody as their own reasons. Me? I just enjoy the challenge of defeating another player in combat.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:15 pm
Going solo on a quest isn't nearly as entertaining, as group play. And with
PKing, it should be mandatory that the competitors are within a general
range of rings/ XP.

Do you agree or have something to add, perhaps?  

Sindeira

Codebreaking Reveler

contego

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:22 am
you can have both pvp and a monster killing competition
i dont see why there has to be a choice  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:23 pm
Xiseo
Towns......

I was wondering if we can PK other players heart

That will be fun twisted

Do you think we can pk them?

(Pk means Player Kill)

...Will be mine in a hand basket
Hehe...I can't wait to meet you in Battle. (PKKer, right here. ^_^ )  

loki1913

Arekis Tebeca

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:54 pm
There NEEDS to be open PvP surprised
Some games just do open PvP wrong.
WoW had some areas that allowed open PvP between the factions.

Not saying we should copy WoW's exact system, but make certain areas open PvP, and those certain areas have awesome stuff in it, or just anything that makes it worth being there. Also, make benefits to killing players in that area, and make negative things, too. Nothing that'll make you want to quit even if you die in pvp once (Runescape), but just something... bad (Like 10 minute respawn time on PKers?). Give an option to hide your name if you're in a PvP zone, which will also prevent you from saying anything out loud, and only letting you talk to your friends. The option can only be turned on or off every five minutes, the reason explains itself if you think about it. They'd definitely need some sort of threat level for players. A strong player could strip themselves, or put themselves in newbie clothes, then run around waiting for people to attack you.

A system like this would allow you to PK without getting flamed, spammed, camped, stuff like that, and allow you to switch to a normal player, or a PKKer (.hack seems to have really sparked somethin there o.-) whenever you're in the mood for that kind of thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:31 pm
unn Pkers and PKK'S I presonal don't care I will pk or pkk anyone who get's in my way and I will be the strongest Gaian you heard I will rule plus I have a group of friends who will help me attain my goal to become the strongest  

RichardAlarcon

Freeze_Pops are good

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:31 pm
HEY GUYS WHATS UP  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:58 pm
yup that would be fun but hopefully every one would have a chance to win cause a lot would pick on the newbs  

A020590

Kroww Kromwell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:29 pm

I'm going to have to highly doubt it. Have you noticed what we're hunting? Clouds. I don't think they'd put player vs player unless they only show you a face emotion change when hit. Also, it's PG-13.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:13 am
It would be fun to make a group that kills Pkers! Hahaha! Its fun to swipe the smile on thier faces when they harrass noobs!  

Grave Overdose

D0rkZ0r

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:30 pm
That would be fun. rofl  
The Battle Arena Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items