Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Holy s**t! (Or; One crazed woman's rant against Atheism) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:26 am
Theophrastus
[Hollow Point]
Theophrastus
those who don't know, Alaska is so red, gun-loving and hateful it makes Texas look like Boston.
I find that just a tiny bit offensive. You didnt have to add "gun-loving" in there, sorry but I'm getting a wee bit tired of people attacking guns/gun laws/people who own/use guns.

Freedom of speech does not mean you can say what you want. And correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt the constitution explicitly state that you are free to worship as you see fit or not at all?

I don't want to be misunderstood.

I was raised in Texas. I am comfortable using handguns and to a greater extent single action and semi automatic rifles. I've been hunting and learned the hard way how to steady a shotgun. I suck with the bow and compound bow, though. XD

I am in no way at all attacking the rights of Americans to bear arms. In fact I encourage the populace to possess them, as an armed people keeps tyranny in check. However, one must acknowledge that voting red and loving guns seems to be the favorite pastime of a rather narrow and, in my eyes, backwards subsection of American people for whom I have little love.

The point of my statement was to make clear that Alaska is well-populated with far-right conservatives, mostly old schoolers who aren't uncomfortable with concepts the rest of the country has for the most part outgrown (racism, sexual discrimination on a physical level, civil rights for whites only, etc). Of course this is a generalization, but most any statement we make about other groups is equally so.

It seems a large portion of Americans anymore think that guns are unsafe and just used to kill and do crime. Hell half of them havent even held a gun in their life! I just find it unnerving that this generation of Americans have become so stupid. Just the other day in another guild I was called a bad person by a kid I dont even know because I have shot and killed an animal, because the way I see it is that an American who owns a gun is not a unsafe or irresponsible American, but a smart American.

Sorry I took offense to it, misunderstood you.
By the way, just practice every day with a compound and you will be good in no time. My uncle can put 3 arrows in a bottle cap from 40 yards. It's incredible.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:50 am
Meirelle
I love how Muslims and Jews don't believe in God. rofl

I know the intent behind this post, but I wanted to clarify that Islam, Judaism, and Christianity all come from the same monotheistic system proliferated by Abraham. As time progressed, they developed different beliefs and systems of worship, etc. In essence, they're different sects of the same religion.  

ProjectOmicron88

Asterisk07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:47 am
What the hell? since when is the freedom of religion based only off only one religion, and freedom of religion doesent mean you have to believe in christianity...thats the exact oposite od freedom of religion. America wasent founded of religion, the founding fathers wanted to have church and state seperated, not to mention most of the founding fathers were atheists....this persons a b***h!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:52 am
Wow, that was the most idiotic thing I've ever read.

Mule 0_o

Retarted Musician

4,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:51 pm
I'm sorry, was there a crack in the first post about Texas being gun-crazy???

biggrin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:12 pm
HA!
So much for the concept of 'Land of the Free'.
What do I care, though...I'm Canadian wink .

P.S. XD Paradigm of a thread title if I do say so myself.

Boxed_Jam

Chris Cunningham

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:21 am
Death God Hitsugaya
Mormons or other religions. What an idiot.

OT, but Mormonism IS Christianity.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:43 am
I'm trying to stop laughing. I really am. Someone get this lady a clue. Maybe a 5th grade education.

"Get off of our country." ~jumps~ I hope she's happy now.  

Kimihiro_Watanuki

6,350 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Aaron Lee Morrison

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:14 pm
Avoir Le Retour...
Yes. Very shitty. In all seriousness. But at the end, I'm ashamed to say I laughed. After reading all of that horrible s**t about me, I looked under the article and it said

"Reader: Let's Just Keep Fishing".

I lol'd.
...Les Adieux

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:57 pm
Boston is the MOST radical

Do some history research. Think of all the American Revolutionary events at the start, all Boston.

But I agree with the rest, who let her outta the hospital?

Geez...

I guess she finally figured out her M&M's were really anti psychotic pills.  

Niveous

DivineBlindSoul

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:47 pm
It makes me sad that people actually believe this stuff. I mean, really? Are you really that intolerant of other people? YES... T^T  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:25 pm
you've gotta be ********' kiddin' me man... heart i come in peace honey, don't blame crime on me. Who the ******** is she to say who should be allowed in the US anyway? It's like the KKK kickin' out a certain race. She's a b***h, you shouldn't judge people by their skin, beliefs, nor skills/intelligence.

Dude, i'm pretty much a flower child... reminds me of rampage on the hippies who wanted peace, things are so twisted in the US man... i'm so un-American... this just adds to it. She needs to smoke a bowl and just chill.

They have summer camps for atheists... i just read this in the paper the other day.  

Goddess of the Coulee

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:53 pm
ProjectOmicron88
Meirelle
I love how Muslims and Jews don't believe in God. rofl

I know the intent behind this post, but I wanted to clarify that Islam, Judaism, and Christianity all come from the same monotheistic system proliferated by Abraham. As time progressed, they developed different beliefs and systems of worship, etc. In essence, they're different sects of the same religion.
User Image

Heh, try telling that to an orthodox Christian, Jew, or Muslim. They would disagree, and many of them would insist that while it's "technically" the same god they all worship, that his attributes have been changed so much between the different religions that it's not even the same god anymore.

Also, Asterisk07: The founding fathers were Deists, not atheists. It's quite similar in many ways, but not the same.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:18 pm
Loool
I could've SWORN "freedom of religion" also included freedom from religion Lol.  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

Explosive Effects101

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:59 pm
Ha! America and it being a religion based country, that is untrue. America is based on politics and democracy, read the constution or first amendment and she'll probobly just rip it up!  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff