Welcome to Gaia! ::

The renaissance galaxy

Back to Guilds

Tags: Renaissance, Galaxy, Anime, Boy-love, Interests 

Reply 83. Dead threads
Who is your favorite legend of Zelda character Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowEternal

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:00 am
My favorite LoZ chars? Well, the most obvious one is Link. I actually liked WW!Link and TP!Link the most because, for the first time, we saw an actual drive in him to go through those nightmarish temples. In WW, he was all about family and keeping ahold of what little he had left. In TP, Link was about taking care of the village that so kindly took him in and raised him as their own.

I also have a soft spot for Skyward Sword Link, but there are so many annoying game mechanics there that it prevented me from bothering to play it a second time. Never again, I say.

Favorite non-Link char? Midna. Definitely Midna. Would have liked to have seen char development that wasn't all abrupt between her and Link as the the journey progressed. She didn't really changed until she 'killed' Zant, so...yeah.

Honorable mentions: The musical instruments. Learning how to play those things were fun. With the exception of SS, the system behind it was well thought out and utilized.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:05 pm
empress dee
I really do not know what KTS stood for. That was just her username. We could come up with many "troll" names for that, but that would break Gaia rules.

I do agree with your point that Tetra was better than Zelda until she revealed that she was Zelda near the end.

Personally, I loved Midna in Twilight Princess. Best sidekick ever! I sort of wanted to see a sequel to that where Zant might get his revenge now that Ganondorf is gone for good and perhaps Zant somehow steals the power that was originally granted to Ganon.

And this time...Link brings along his son and wife along for the adventure. Sort of "stealing" the idea from Sonic Heroes and combining a unique Legend of Zelda storyline, we see just how the lineage passes on.

Zelda too has a daughter and a husband. It would sort of be a prequel to Windwaker and just how Hyrule became Hylantis. Tee hee hee.

Zelda and Link are not married in the game, which might be a disappointment for some. All in all it would be pretty neat, I think.

Oh der, you were talking and I sort of ignored you... sorry about that!

I actually didn't realize the username was KTS, I thought you might for of be mocking her cat_sweatdrop .

That sounds like a cool idea. That would actually make a cool role-play...
I should go find someone to do that with me now. Oh, and I always thought Midna was a really cool character, and I loved the idea of hand-hair... if that's not weird.  

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard
Crew

Skilled Gaian

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:48 pm
It isn't weird at all. I've seen weirder. Oh, and I think I figured out the true race of Ganon. He's a Mogu.

A mogu is an ancient being of Pandaria. Being half boar and half human, this creature was prone to violence where strength was their only concern. The stronger they were, the happier the Mogu. Ganon probably left Pandaria of Azeroth and journeyed until he found Planet Hyrule.

Since strength, courage, and wisdom were the main focal points of Hyrule, Ganon found solace...at least when it came to strength. The Goddesses of the planet sought it fit to give this creature eternal power because they needed a third icon. And since Ganon would have been someone from beyond the stars, it stands to reason that the Goddesses thought that he was a God-like being at the time of his arrival.

Funny that both Hyrule and Azeroth are connected to the Renaissance Galaxy as far as the Galaxian map goes. You cannot get to Azeroth unless you go through Hyrule first.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:34 pm
My favorite character changes based on the game.

Ocarina of Time: Sheik/Zelda. Why: It mainly revolves around Zelda being a ninja princess who didn't just wait on the sidelines for her hero to come get her. She actually tried to pull her weight in that game.

Twilight Princess: Midna. Why: She was a fresh new face to the ever recurring tale of Power, Wisdom, and Courage. Her world was a nice contrast to Hyrule and gave you insight to the dark past both worlds held. Not to mention, as an assist/teacher, she didn't baby you the whole way.

Wind Waker: King of Red Lions. Why: He was an invaluable asset to your journey. Not to mention, the role he ended up playing after your discovery of his true identity was a nice twist. There's nothing bad that I can say about him because the problems were solely the fault of the gamecube's processing ability.

Phantom Hourglass: Linebeck. Why: another new face with another bit of contrast to add into the game's story. While still a cheapskate, he made me laugh and added comedy to the long journey without making it corny or falling flat on its face.

Spirit Tracks: Link. Why: one of the few times where the MC started off with origins that didn't have him previously swinging a wooden stick or cheap sword. In Oot, they had stick fights. TP, he had a wooden sword. WW, it was part of the island heritage. But not in ST. His initial path was to be a train engineer and drive along the Spirit Tracks. He didn't have any intention of wielding a sword until he had no choice after Zelda was taken.

Skyward Sword: Ghirahim and Link. Why: It's been a while since a villain has given me a run for my money without overly enraging me. He incited anger in you while giving you the anticipated thrill of catching up to Zelda, just to fight him again. He also made you fully consider your movement before trying to strike him, but not in the frustrating way as the final boss in Oracle of Ages.

As for Link...it's a new Link! He has the most expressions so far and he really sells the whole Hero's Journey concept. We watch him go from a boy who knows nothing to a man who'll stop at nothing to save his friend. From his relation with his trusted bird, his friendship with Zelda, and how he interacts with those around him. I may not have liked this game nearly as much as TP, but I did like the characters, if nothing else.  

ShadowEternal

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

DMChumble

Tycoon

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:27 pm
Dark Link and Fierce Deity Link are my favorites. there's just something about them that piques my interest maybe it has something to do with the darkness and mystery that surrounds them Shiek is my second favorite character since he's the Shadow of Princess Zelda created to be a disguise to let Zelda hide right under Gannondorf's Nose.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:53 pm
My new fave is Girahim from Skyward sword. Best bad guy ever!  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:42 pm
Ah, I still haven't played Skyward Sword... I hope to try it soon though!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:41 am
Well one thing to know about Skyward sword is that there is one major glitch in it and it will give you a workout regardless.

To control your loftwing is no easy task and your arms will become sore and tired. On the bright side, it is a workout, so if you want to really work those arms, then that game is just the one.

Oh, and its much tougher than the other Zelda games. Or...it tends to be. Its also more comical too.

Like...there's this guy on there who is competing for Zelda with Link. See, Link we all know is secretly in love with Zelda, but he doesn't show it to her and Zelda digs that about Link. She knows he loves her. But this other guy...well...he's just a big bully and he tries to blame everything on Link.

If I could, I would take that sword and show that other guy who is boss, but sadly, you can't and besides, Link wouldn't stoop to that bully's level anyhow.

Link gets his revenge though by beating the bully in a Loftwing race.

Its just fun as much as it is challenging. The graphics are incredible too.  

Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard
Crew

Skilled Gaian

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:52 am
Ahaha, I could stand for an arm workout.
I forget, is Skyward Sword for the Wii U, right?

Well, I'd expect the last (or most recent) game in the series to be tougher. I'm up for the challenge.

That actually sounds pretty funny.
Well, now my motivation to get the game has increased.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:06 am
Paranormal Teddy

Well, I'd expect the last (or most recent) game in the series to be tougher. I'm up for the challenge.

No, Skyward sword came out for the Wii. It was the last zelda game made for the wii.  

Untouchable Queen Saya
Crew

Cosmic Sex Symbol

29,950 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:07 am
Untouchable Queen Saya
Paranormal Teddy

No, Skyward sword came out for the Wii. It was the last zelda game made for the wii.

Ah, right, sorry.
Then... OH, it was they re-made Windwaker for the Wii U, right?
(Well, not remade, but... made it playable on the Wii U. Or are they the same thing?)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:17 am
Paranormal Teddy
Untouchable Queen Saya
Paranormal Teddy

Ah, right, sorry.
(Well, not remade, but... made it playable on the Wii U. Or are they the same thing?)

The WiiU is backward compatible with the wii. so you can play Wii games on the WiiU. You just won't be able to use the WiiU gamepad with it.  

Untouchable Queen Saya
Crew

Cosmic Sex Symbol

29,950 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:46 am
Untouchable Queen Saya
Paranormal Teddy
Untouchable Queen Saya
Paranormal Teddy

Ah, right, sorry.

The WiiU is backward compatible with the wii. so you can play Wii games on the WiiU. You just won't be able to use the WiiU gamepad with it.

Oh, it is? Awesome, I didn't know that.
Wait, so since the Wii is compatible with GameCube games, would the Wii U be, or...?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:51 am
Paranormal Teddy
Untouchable Queen Saya
Paranormal Teddy
Untouchable Queen Saya
Paranormal Teddy

Ah, right, sorry.

Wait, so since the Wii is compatible with GameCube games, would the Wii U be, or...?

I don't think the WiiU is compatible with gamecube games unless they're from the virtual shop.  

Untouchable Queen Saya
Crew

Cosmic Sex Symbol

29,950 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:52 am
Untouchable Queen Saya
Paranormal Teddy
Untouchable Queen Saya
Paranormal Teddy
Untouchable Queen Saya
Paranormal Teddy

Ah, right, sorry.

I don't think the WiiU is compatible with gamecube games unless they're from the virtual shop.

Right, right. I was just wondering, because that'd just be awesome~
Well, thanks anyhow!

83. Dead threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas