Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Psionics, From the start. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:39 pm
Obscurus
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Obscurus
Sonkurra-Taichou
Has anyone here ever succeeded in moving an object with their mind? I've heard stories and stuff, but still. I myself have minor aerokinesis and thermokinesis, but it's not something you can say; I'm causing this.

I've done it before. Nothing large though.
like what a pencil?

Pinwheel, both covered and uncovered. Uncovered is easier by far. I'm fairly certain that I've moved a plastic ball (like the ones in ball pits) and an empty soda can on its side. I can't be entirely sure though because I haven't been able to replicate it. Trying too hard seems to be detrimental.
Detrimental is right. Why can't it ever be easy? xp  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:48 pm
I once tried aerokinesis. Either I was actually controlling it or I was using esp to determine when a large gust would happen.

I can endure really hot and really cold climates. The only thing close to thermokinesis I have.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:38 pm
Ledon Kester
Obscurus
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Obscurus
Sonkurra-Taichou
Has anyone here ever succeeded in moving an object with their mind? I've heard stories and stuff, but still. I myself have minor aerokinesis and thermokinesis, but it's not something you can say; I'm causing this.

like what a pencil?

Pinwheel, both covered and uncovered. Uncovered is easier by far. I'm fairly certain that I've moved a plastic ball (like the ones in ball pits) and an empty soda can on its side. I can't be entirely sure though because I haven't been able to replicate it. Trying too hard seems to be detrimental.

If it was easy then it wouldn't be nearly as impressive since everyone would be doing it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:01 pm
Obscurus
Ledon Kester
Obscurus
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Obscurus
Sonkurra-Taichou

like what a pencil?

If it was easy then it wouldn't be nearly as impressive since everyone would be doing it.
Then just "easier" than it is now. Not too easy, just a good enough challenge or trial that was awesome... Like surviving a deep, near-death meditation that reaches to the inner core of your mind. Something that was a little more clear.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Ledon Kester
Obscurus
Ledon Kester
Obscurus
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
like what a pencil?

Then just "easier" than it is now. Not too easy, just a good enough challenge or trial that was awesome... Like surviving a deep, near-death meditation that reaches to the inner core of your mind. Something that was a little more clear.

Oh, you mean easy in the sense of it being clear how to develop it rather than the effort needed being less.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:12 pm
Obscurus
Ledon Kester
Obscurus
Ledon Kester
Obscurus
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
like what a pencil?

Oh, you mean easy in the sense of it being clear how to develop it rather than the effort needed being less.
I could of said it as clear as that. XD  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:39 pm
Ledon Kester
Obscurus
Ledon Kester
Obscurus
Ledon Kester

I think it's one of those practices that insulates itself. Most people don't have the patience or determination to become proficient with it since one has to discover how to make it work for them and then how to make it more effective.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:13 pm
Obscurus
Ledon Kester
Obscurus
Ledon Kester
Obscurus
Ledon Kester

I think it's one of those practices that insulates itself. Most people don't have the patience or determination to become proficient with it since one has to discovery how to make it work for them and then how to make it more effective.
You just said truth I'm sure we all can believe in.

The trials for power and skill are plagued with the self-termination we face in life constantly. I am willing to fight my for my right to obtain. I am willing to overcome all obstacles and limits. But...I desire that my opponent be more clearly sighted so that I may formulate a fitting strategy to strike with.

I hope that one day someone will discover the magic glasses that help us see our destination before we reach our fate.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:17 am
I would easily sell my soul for immortality and/or high level kinetics.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:02 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou
I would easily sell my soul for immortality and/or high level kinetics.
Ikr? But I don't wanna end up in a pinch somewhere.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:28 pm
I generally consider selling ones soul a bad idea... >.> As far as psi goes, I can do the pinwheel and psiball without too much trouble. I was also able to spin my ceiling fan a few times. Haven't done too much more, but I haven't really tried either. I need to keep working on that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:51 am
Selling your soul is always a bad idea, but sometimes people just get desperate.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:15 am
i think psi could be chi which could be electrons from negative ions in the air.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:09 am
Atticus Lock
Psionics can be broken into three main areas of study (for me anyway).

• Energy Manipulation ~ Constructs
• Physical Manipulation ~ Telekinesis
• Mental Manipulation ~ Telepathy, Empathy, ECT….

They are not listed in any way just to let you know.

Actually, I am unsure if we should really break it into these main study.

Energy Manipulation is the root of it all, in the sence that, everything in psionic is related to the ability to manipulate reality; Spiritual reality, Physical reality and Mental reality.

There can be multiple methodes to doing what you call "Physical manipulation" and "Mental Manipulation" but all of them is tied to modifying reality to achive it. And to modify reality, you need to know how to program it, the exact same way you program what you called "Psi" (I personnaly call it Spiritual Energy).
Even if you don't flow the Spiritual Energy out of yourself, you can program it to do something. Of course the moment you are done trying, the program will simply get erraced by newer thoughts.. Even without basic understanding of how to manipulate the flow of spiritual energy, you still use it when doing everything related to psionics.
For that reason, I think of Energy Manipulation as the root of it all  

ChiyuriYami

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:36 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
i think psi could be chi which could be electrons from negative ions in the air.
I think the same thing. They both are said to induce electromagnetic changes when tested and you concentrate to gather them in similar ways.  
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games