Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:47 pm
Bleh, good chance Im not going to Otakon this year.
It's too tiring, too much money, and the fandom annoys the crap out of me lately, and I dont want to deal with that. And the musical guest is lackluster.
Not much to offer me that I cant do on my own every other day of the year so yeah.
I'm probably going to make a cosplay for halloween though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:43 am
Where is Otakon this year? Did it already happen? Sorry, I don't know much about it....  

YGOPaladin

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:55 pm
YGOPaladin
Where is Otakon this year? Did it already happen? Sorry, I don't know much about it....

Otakon is in Baltimore, Maryland every year, this year its going to take place from August 19-21.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:52 pm
I'd love to cosplay as a Count Cain character -I absolutely love 18th century style- but I've never been to an event where it'd be appropriate to cosplay, but maybe for halloween? Although I'd end up telling everyone I was just a random Victorian person, to save the trouble of explaining... sweatdrop  

dead.moki

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:25 am
*muses*

I've no idea how I'm going to do this, but I'm going to go to some cosplay event in Singapore as Katou. I'm too short to be him, honestly... *is 1.62* Oh well, only consolation is that the Rociel is the same height.

So, erm, anyone knows how to make the weird goggle thingy he wears in Hades?

Oh, btw, on my initial cosplay plan as Raziel... I changed my mind, went there in some randomly outrageous clothes instead.

One more thing... This is just something cosplay related I felt like sharing...

Earl Cain Cosplay

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:20 pm
Shura Yukihime
*muses*

I've no idea how I'm going to do this, but I'm going to go to some cosplay event in Singapore as Katou. I'm too short to be him, honestly... *is 1.62* Oh well, only consolation is that the Rociel is the same height.

So, erm, anyone knows how to make the weird goggle thingy he wears in Hades?

Oh, btw, on my initial cosplay plan as Raziel... I changed my mind, went there in some randomly outrageous clothes instead.

One more thing... This is just something cosplay related I felt like sharing...

Earl Cain Cosplay

Weird goggly things...Katou's weird goggly things? I'd have to go back and look at the manga...I dont remember -_-;;  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

diablo83

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:04 am
I cosplayed the Mad Hatter for a Halloween party.

If I found some pictures i'll post them.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:15 am
I'd love to cosplay but its not the time it consumes its more of the money it cost and that just kills it for me.  

PrincessRyoko

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:16 am
PrincessRyoko
I'd love to cosplay but its not the time it consumes its more of the money it cost and that just kills it for me.

True, cosplaying is a commitment, but finishing the project and getting to wear it is reward enough...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:23 pm
wish i could
just don;t have the funds, but its still cool!  

Bloodyblade666

Rafael the Wind Angel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:18 pm
i saw belial/ mad hatter in anime boston this year looked good and also a bad michael yuck  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:08 am
I made a cosplay of my beloved Mad Hatter. It was a shitty cosplay, I suppose. My first one and for now the only one. biggrin  

PRINCE-BELIAL

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:39 am
Since I plan going to a big con next year, I really want to cosplay someone from a Kaori-Yuki-manga, but this is kind of problematic since I can't sew at all^^'
And I don't know if my mother can, but even if, she doesn't have the time to teach me, and my grandmother lives at the other end of Germany... SO I don't really know if I can do it.
And then the next problem... Rion would be preatty easy, but almost no one knowes Bloodhound, Kurai is a bit...
well, her clothes when she comes back more mature are way too... revealing for me, you know?
My best friend wants to do Alec, and besiedes I fear I don't have the body to cosplay her... sweatdrop
I'd never manage to sew dresses like the ones Jibril wears, and this would leave Sara, Ruri, Kirie, Doll and Lil(and, of course, all the demons), but I don't have the slightest idea if I'm able to do any of their clothes.
I suppose Kirie would be the easiest, wouldn't she?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:24 am
You can do Rion. smile Don't worry, if people don't know her.

I also can't sew, I used clothes that were bought or sewn for me. Maybe try going to a tailor?  

PRINCE-BELIAL

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:48 pm
Katinchen012
Since I plan going to a big con next year, I really want to cosplay someone from a Kaori-Yuki-manga, but this is kind of problematic since I can't sew at all^^'
And I don't know if my mother can, but even if, she doesn't have the time to teach me, and my grandmother lives at the other end of Germany... SO I don't really know if I can do it.
And then the next problem... Rion would be preatty easy, but almost no one knowes Bloodhound, Kurai is a bit...
well, her clothes when she comes back more mature are way too... revealing for me, you know?
My best friend wants to do Alec, and besiedes I fear I don't have the body to cosplay her... sweatdrop
I'd never manage to sew dresses like the ones Jibril wears, and this would leave Sara, Ruri, Kirie, Doll and Lil(and, of course, all the demons), but I don't have the slightest idea if I'm able to do any of their clothes.
I suppose Kirie would be the easiest, wouldn't she?

How about Kurai's outfit towards the end of the manga? THat one is fairly reserved and is pretty cute.

I dont know what kind of resources are available where you are, but a good way to do cosplays is to look at costume patterns (like Butterwicks and Simplicity, etc) they sell at fabric and craft stores. For many of Kaori Yuki's gothic lolita flavored outfits, you can probably pick up a pattern for the floofy skirt very easily. (I have a pattern I like to use for that kind of thing, it was actually a part of a female pirate costume XD with a frilly blouse and bodice and junk).

Then you can alter then length by lopping off the hem accordingly, or adding to it. And you can add your own details to uit your needs.

A lot of pieces for many costumes can be done that way.
A simple cheerleading uniform or swimsuit pattern can turn into Sailormoon's sailor fuku, leotard and bodysuit patterns have an untold number of uses in cosplaying.
At the moment, I'm looking into marching band uniform patterns to see if I can alter one to make the uniforms from Meine Liebe :3  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff