Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Abortion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stance
  Pro-life
  Only when the mother's life is endangered
  Only during first trimester
  Only during first two trimesters
  Pro-choice
  On the Fence
View Results

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:33 pm
RenFlower
Yeah, I'm sorry too Mouse. Like i said, my best friend and i clash on almost all of our opinions, so i should be able to keep my head better. I agree with StoveCovenant. If you believe it's wrong, then don't get one. But you can't really make it illegal, because the government isn't allowed to take religion into consideration when making decisions. And if science says it isn't alive, and religion says otherwise, they take the science route.

I'm not sure of my politcal party, and it would help if someone could tell me what it was. According to my obvious stances.

Well actually Spartan, she's a democrat according to the form she gave me so I'm gonna go with moderate liberal or mainstream democrat!

But science says that life begins at conjugation (for the third time XD) and we only record life after birth because of massive miscarriages before the Medical Revolution!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:20 pm
StoveCovenant
... So we must not make laws that benefit the majority, we need laws for the minority...

but isn't a democray made by voting, so wouldn't making the minority's views into law as opposed to the majority screw up how the government works? honest question, not trying to make hard feelings, just using logic  

Kysaara

RenFlower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:18 pm
But Gay civil union doesn't hurt the majority. It only benefits the minority, so why not have it?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:32 pm
Good point , but the problem is convinving the majority, any law leaning that way looks like it's gonna die in congress of be vetoed  

Kysaara

RenFlower

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:38 am
Yeah, that's true.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:27 pm
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower
Since I always must put my two cents in, I will state my position as Pro-choice. To start this debate off, I have one thing to say to people who are against abortion. It's not your body carrying a life, so it's not really up to you. We should have control over our own body. Thoughts?

first of all, its killing someone... second, its not your body anymore, your sharing it with another human being... if you dont want the baby give it for adoption, dont kill it

Human? It's a lump of undeveloped cells, not a human. And it is still your body, not the parasite's. I say parasite because it is living off of your body, sucking away nutrients, energy, etc..

I don't like it when people compare a baby to an unborn baby, it insults the baby.

Zeptan

Kysaara

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:19 pm
yeah so I guess we were all parasites then, my mother, she decided to not get an abortion, and I thank God everyday b/c then I would be dead. I would never have expeirienced life. We survived, sure we poached our food every once in a while so we could have food but hey, it beats the alternative.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:20 am
I agree, Gameguy. Technically, they are parasites. (according to my parents, we're parasites until we turn eighteen...) Anyways, why should the government be able to tell us what we can and can't do with our bodies?  

RenFlower

allypoohbear

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:46 am
RenFlower
Well, yes that is true. But what if they completely protect themselves but they get pregnant. If they are school age, it would, as i said before, hinder their education and probably cause them to end up either unemployed or financially insecure. Here's another issue though, what if the baby was diagnosed with some kind of birth defect. Such as extreme paralisis or something that could either kill them or cause them alot of suffering? Is an abortion justified then?

i'm sorry but even children with extreme birth defects are able to live healty and successful lives. Even those with downsymdrome get their own jobs, live on their own, and some even get married and have children. Even these children, even though they aren't perfect, deserve to live a wonderful life. One of my friends has systicfibrosis, and she's gonna die in a couple years. You think they should have just killed her when she was born because she won't live nearly as long as i will. She loves her life, and i know she's glad she was kept alive, even if it is for a year.
And the argument about school age children getting pregnant? Well just because they decide to have sex gives them the right to get rid of the problem? If children aren't responsible enough to understand what they are getting into, they shouldn't be having sex. And even though it is a woman's body, she has to take responsibility to what she has done to her body. She allowed herself to get pregnant. There are ways that women can have sex and get pregnant, but she has to know her own body and the way it works. You can't just say that because pills and condoms don't always work, abortion is an option. Women just have to be smart, and if htye get pregnant, take responsibility for what they've done  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:36 pm
BlueSpartan058
yeah so I guess we were all parasites then, my mother, she decided to not get an abortion, and I thank God everyday b/c then I would be dead. I would never have expeirienced life. We survived, sure we poached our food every once in a while so we could have food but hey, it beats the alternative.
Honestly, I don't give a s**t about your life stories, or how it's killing someone, etc.. It should be the mother's choice because its the mother's baby, simple as that. But yes, we are all parasites, and sometimes the mother wants to keep the parasite, and sometimes the mother doesn't.  

Zeptan

allypoohbear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:39 pm
game100guy
BlueSpartan058
Honestly, I don't give a s**t about your life stories, or how it's killing someone, etc.. It should be the mother's choice because its the mother's baby, simple as that. But yes, we are all parasites, and sometimes the mother wants to keep the parasite, and sometimes the mother doesn't.

i love the ignorance. A woman should be responsible for her own body. If she doesn't want a baby, have some pride and don't have sex, or guard herself from getting pregnant. According to popular belief there are foolproof ways to not get pregnant other than abstinence. But if a woman thinks she's mature enough to have sex, then she's mature enough to accept the responsibility of her actions and not get rid of the problem as so many seem to think is the right way.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:36 pm
allypoohbear
game100guy
BlueSpartan058

i love the ignorance. A woman should be responsible for her own body. If she doesn't want a baby, have some pride and don't have sex, or guard herself from getting pregnant. According to popular belief there are foolproof ways to not get pregnant other than abstinence. But if a woman thinks she's mature enough to have sex, then she's mature enough to accept the responsibility of her actions and not get rid of the problem as so many seem to think is the right way.
Hm. Like I said before, I don't care about the responsibility. It's the woman's choice, not anyone elses.  

Zeptan

Kysaara

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:37 am
game100guy
allypoohbear
game100guy
BlueSpartan058

Hm. Like I said before, I don't care about the responsibility. It's the woman's choice, not anyone elses.

it seems my friend that you yourself havn't grown up yet, I was merely just explaining why my beliefs on this issue are the way they are, there is no need to curse. I think that instead of fucusing on the abortion itself, people should think of ways to stop the NEED for abortion, by not having an unwanted pregnancy that could have been avoided (so that would be excluding rape and incest)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:40 am
BlueSpartan058
game100guy
allypoohbear
game100guy
BlueSpartan058

it seems my friend that you yourself havn't grown up yet, I was merely just explaining why my beliefs on this issue are the way they are, there is no need to curse. I think that instead of fucusing on the abortion itself, people should think of ways to stop the NEED for abortion, by not having an unwanted pregnancy that could have been avoided (so that would be excluding rape and incest)

Cursing does not make me any less of an adult. You stated your reasoning, I argued against it. Maybe I could support that, but I don't think America has the willpower to enforce it.

Zeptan

allypoohbear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:17 pm
game100guy
BlueSpartan058
game100guy
allypoohbear
game100guy
BlueSpartan058

Cursing does not make me any less of an adult. You stated your reasoning, I argued against it. Maybe I could support that, but I don't think America has the willpower to enforce it.

i'm not sure he was saying that maybe your not quite grown up yet not for the fact that you cursed, but that you believe responsibility has nothing to do with this issue, that it is not the responsibility of a woman to protect her body and what happens to that body, and should accept the responsibility for what happened.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff